View Full Version : psychological test info

jeronimo
8th Mar 2006, 04:16
Hi,
First of all, I am sorry if this topic has been already posted previously, but I could not find so much info on "pprune", about the psychological test.

Soon i will have one, and I wonder about how to deal with it. Are there many kind of psychological test? I have done one last year, I was sitting in front of a computer, answering to weird questions...are there others kind of test (like role play? or interacting with others appliants?...is it a psychological test too) What can I expect to do?

I am aware that there aren't a right or wrong answer to this type of test, but I think, it is better to answer what the company wants to hear....on the other hand it make the appliant, lying....and too many lies...are not good:uhoh:

thank

geordiejet
8th Mar 2006, 08:55
I think there are different types, but many seem to have the same principles; you have an ability test, very like the 'IQ' tests that you can do online. Then there is the word survey. Which involves selecting words which best apply to you/or saying what is most like you and least like you.

My advice would be to just relax and always answer the truth. Don't just select the answers which you think that would apply to a pilot. Questions are also duplicated, only reworded, so this will catch you out if you are lying. All the information I've read says not to lie, and to tell the honest truth. Which is what I did.

At the assessment days, just be yourself, and talk to people. I had my first test a few weeks ago, and was really nervous, but it turned out to be quite a fun morning :-)

I would also recommend www.prospects.ac.uk. They have more advice on this kind of thing. Good luck,

Aex :-)

shadow_531
15th Feb 2007, 20:04
HI, just wanted to know...i've done a lot of research and found out that many pilots are rejected at jobs due to psychological tests that demonstrate they do not stay calm under pressure. How do these tests work? and how can you "train" yourself to stay calm? is it hard?

CarbHeatIn
15th Feb 2007, 20:11
After the circus last week with the NASA astronauts you'd really have to question the usefulness of these psych tests:ugh: