PDA

View Full Version : Seven Trent Water

tony draper
7th Mar 2006, 21:51
Hmmm, Seven Trent Water nearly got away with stealing 42 mil of their customers,nearly as much as that big blag tother day,wonder if any of their top management will go to nick.
:rolleyes:

ShyTorque
7th Mar 2006, 22:05
Seven Trent?

Isn't that an omnibus route :E ?

I must have missed a headline, Mr D! Now what have they done?

tony draper
7th Mar 2006, 22:31
Sorry MR T it might be "Severn" Trent,one is of the north,and know naught of such foreign realms,said company has been ordered to pay back to their customers 42 million pounds,they have deliberatly and knowingly overcharged,twould have passed unremarked had not a management whistle blower informed the authorities,they are to be investigated by the fraud squad,anybody wanna bet that some top manager will be asked to fall upon his sword and leave with a 5,000,000 golden goodbye of course.
:cool:

tilewood
7th Mar 2006, 22:46
Ah water! When I were but a lad, Mr D, we used to get something called
water falling from the sky here in the South East.

But 'tis but a fond memory to us older folk, and just a fairy story to the
youngters of Essex.

I blame it all on political correctness, and global warming!! :p

tony draper
7th Mar 2006, 23:10
One's local water company is now owned by the French, so one shall remain consistant and blame them.
Interestingly the Newcastle and Gateshead Water Company was always privately owned,but one recals when the water rates as they were know then were about eight quid a year.
One thinks they had their own water mines.
:rolleyes:

ShyTorque
7th Mar 2006, 23:57
Thank you for that Mr D. One will wait with bated breath to receive one's money back so wrongly taken. After all these years, one could be owed a fair few quid!

When duly received, one will go out and blow it on a bottle of water or two. Or put it to the cost of the impending compulsory water meter ;)

ShyTorque
8th Mar 2006, 00:00
Ah water! When I were but a lad, Mr D, we used to get something called
water falling from the sky here in the South East.
But 'tis but a fond memory to us older folk, and just a fairy story to the
youngters of Essex.
I blame it all on political correctness, and global warming!! :p

I would blame it on leaky pipes. ;)

Whirlygig
8th Mar 2006, 00:05
I'm having trouble even getting Anglian Water to realise that "Whirlygig Cottage" even exists. I would like to pay my water rates (I don't pay for sewerage as I have a sceptic tank) but they have no record of my house.

Trouble is, when they do wake up and realise it, I could be stung for a hefty bill!

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
8th Mar 2006, 00:24
You mean you're not in their computer cistern? In that case you'll be flush for a while.

Whirlygig
8th Mar 2006, 00:36
Yup! Looks like they've made a right ball-cock of it all and their admin department will be going down the pan!

Soil keep quiet about it eh and improve my cash-flow!

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
8th Mar 2006, 00:43
I'll tap you up for a loan, then.

I'm laughing like a drain! ;)

Windy Militant
8th Mar 2006, 10:02
they are to be investigated by the fraud squad,anybody wanna bet that some top manager will be asked to fall upon his sword and leave with a 5,000,000 golden goodbye of course.

Didn't the then Chairman of Severn Trent go on to be Head Honcho of the CBI allegedly :hmm: Interesting times what. ;)

tony draper
8th Mar 2006, 10:21
One would not give much for the whistle blowers chance of future employment though,he is apparently on sick leave at the mo.
One seems to recal a Swiss chap who blew the gaff on a large drug company finished up being sectioned by the Swiss authorities and now resides in a Swiss lollypop farm.
It don't just happen in Russia folks,nobody likes a grass, especially governments
:uhoh:

acbus1
8th Mar 2006, 11:08
One's local water company is now owned by the French....
Eau?