PDA

View Full Version : Fraudulent Jaguar Pilot?

LJDRVR
7th Mar 2006, 20:28
Hello Gents,

Found this on another board:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=929189#post929189

If the individual in question was claiming to have been a USAF pilot, I could better provide the gentleman asking with some tools to identify the truth. As somebody who has no experience with the RAF, I thought maybe some members here might provide some suggestions for quickly and easily identifying the bona fides of the pilot claiming to have flown Jaguars.

I'll be happy to post anything provided along with a credit for both the individual and PPRUNE. (Hopefully the moderators on both sides of the house will allow this, I truly detest military posers and would love to help unmask yet another one.)

Fox3snapshot
7th Mar 2006, 20:43
I could be wrong, and I am sure I will be told in due course, but when I visited some Jag mates a few years ago at Colt I am sure I met a Yank exchange dude there with them. :confused:

SirToppamHat
7th Mar 2006, 20:44
Ask him to sing the next lines:

Standing on the runway
Throttles open wide
See....

If he tells you to F.O., he was a Jag Pilot.

If he sings, he was a Jag Pilot with a sense of humour.

Or try:

Don't bend down when a Jag Mate's around ...

If he tells you to F.O., he was a Jag Pilot.

Edited to add a response to Fox3Snapshot that yes, there were USAF Exchange pilots at Colt. One of them lived opposite me at the Horsham St Faith's patch ... name escapes, but Mrs hat reminds me that we had a Newcastle/Safari supper and they went and got KFC from Norwich!

STH

threepointonefour
7th Mar 2006, 20:50
I thought MOCA was something you get at Starbucks ...??

MostlyHarmless
7th Mar 2006, 21:02
Good starter - When was he over here?

brit bus driver
7th Mar 2006, 22:55
I thought MOCA was something you get at Starbucks ...??
I doubt your average truckie, let alone FJ mate over here could tell you the difference between an MEA and a MOCA!!:hmm:

ShyTorque
7th Mar 2006, 23:17
Fraudulent Jaguar Pilot?

What - did he claim he wasn't gay? :E

UnderPowered
7th Mar 2006, 23:27
Ask him if he was impressed with the AMLCD in the two seater. Post his reply on this, and I'll let you know.

The Swinging Monkey
8th Mar 2006, 06:54
Its simple, why not ask him if you can take a look at his log book??? tell him its just out of curiosity blah.
Simple.......no log book, NO driver!
Kind regards
TSM

Gainesy
8th Mar 2006, 07:01
Ask him to define "Total Plus and Chips". :E :suspect:

(That might be "era dependent" though).

charliegolf
8th Mar 2006, 07:42
Did he have a Geology degree?

Lots of them seemed to like rocks, especially in Scotland or Wales.

Tigs2
8th Mar 2006, 08:09
Does it really matter! It seems on the other board they are getting really excited about it... Why?? They do say imitation is the best form of flattery.

A thought just crossed my mind, maybe in the same way that Jowell is taking the heat of Uncle Tone, this thread has been started by the Scottish Officer trying to keep us away from the thread concerning him. Mmmm

adr
8th Mar 2006, 09:06
Could always take the Enoch Davies approach (Dylan Thomas's account of a coach trip in the early C20th.)

"I played for Aberavon in 1898," said a stranger [in the pub where the coach party has stopped to drink,] to Enoch Davies.
"Liar," said Enoch Davies.
"I can show you photos," said the stranger.
"Forged," said Enoch Davies.
"And I'll show you my cap at home."
"Stolen."
"I got friends to prove it," said the stranger in a fury.
"Bribed," said Enoch Davies.

adr

hobie
8th Mar 2006, 09:08
I truly detest military posers

.... and 'all say all of us' !!!! ....

but if he is genuine let's hope he sues for a million bucks ... :cool:

Junglie
8th Mar 2006, 09:17
It's quite simple, if he is a bona fide jet pilot he will have pictures of himself with a jet and he will proudly show you at least one if not four pics of him stood next to, a self portrait from in the cockpit(usually low level), one sat on the wing etc... You could angle it that you can't remember which jag it is that the Brits fly so could he show you??

Faking it is not uncommon, everytime one of our carriers goes into port there are suddenly 1000 Sea Harrier pilots on board!!

Boogeyboard
8th Mar 2006, 09:28
Whatever gets you laid. That's why ugly blokes become pilots surely.

antipodean alligator
8th Mar 2006, 10:53
Ask him about the curvature of the earth......If he starts explaining it's relevance to take-off performance then he will probably be fair dinkum.

petitfromage
8th Mar 2006, 14:39
Went to bbq once where the host claimed to be an Officer in the Paras. It soon became obvious he wasnt simply by the way he spoke (no military jargon)
When pushed he claimed to have joined as a CPL, promoted to CAPT and went through Sandhurst in 1990.

Unluckily for him there were 2 AAC Officers at the same bbq, who were at Sandhurst in 1990.
We were aggressively asked to leave to the noise of his wife asking if he was ever in the Army?

Junglie: thanks for the 2 girls you sent to Hong Kong, you're a scholar and a gent!

Arkroyal
8th Mar 2006, 16:47
The world's full of these dorks

Hell, we've got one in our company who even tries to b.s. that he was flying Sea Harriers when we'd have surely known him.

Sad :yuk:

southside
8th Mar 2006, 17:06
Hey guys I know a guy who claims to have flown Jaguars in GB

......why?

surely, if you are going to BS then do it properly.....

cwatters
8th Mar 2006, 17:20
Ask him who works the radar on the two seater :)

I don't believe the two seater had radar.

k3k3
8th Mar 2006, 19:48
When I was working on Jags the only radar any of them had was the rad altimeter.

..and the RWR, but that doesn't count...

peterperfect
8th Mar 2006, 20:04
Q: What was the best tannoy on the final cruise of the "old Ark" in '78 ?
A: "Will the Chef wot also flies Phantoms report to the aft gangway to meet his guests" !

Safeware
8th Mar 2006, 20:55
Hang on everyone...... Quote:
Hey guys I know a guy who claims to have flown Jaguars in GB
......why?
surely, if you are going to BS then do it properly.....
A valid point from Southside, must be the first :)
sw

Bob Viking
9th Mar 2006, 11:35
Ooh ladies put the claws away please.
Of course you're right, though.
There's this guy I knew who reckons he used to fly Navy Seakings.......
Yawn!
BV:E

petitfromage
9th Mar 2006, 13:40
Well I hope you brought him a beer!? ;)

hobie
9th Mar 2006, 21:45
did anyone read the Decal link that came up in a question on the Computer forum today ..... :confused:

the Jaguar guy you are discussing may well be wearing SR-71 Decals soon .... :p

(see also C-130 ... C-17 and a few more of local interest)

http://decalzone.com/cutout/military/af_planes.shtml

Junglie
10th Mar 2006, 12:14
No worries monsieur petitfromage i'll rustle up a couple more and send them over to you, any gossip pm me. Was i at that same bbq it's all just a fog !!:}