PDA

View Full Version : Who on here has been banned?

colmac747
7th Mar 2006, 17:04
And why?:E

Just wanted to know. What did you do? How did you cope? Did you learn your lesson?
Never been banned from a forum myself. Always thought it must be quite difficult to achieve...AND, NO I DON'T WANT BANNED FOR THIS...

Own up!;)

*ps the title should read temporarily banned, as i guess if you are still banned you can't reply!

Jerricho
7th Mar 2006, 17:06
I think Plaz holds the record.

Why do you want to know?

colmac747
7th Mar 2006, 17:07
Honestly no reason, Jer.

Just a bloody nosey soul:ugh:

Farrell
7th Mar 2006, 17:07
I have been banned.

colmac747
7th Mar 2006, 17:09
You missed the :{ smilie out, farrell

tony draper
7th Mar 2006, 17:10
There used to be a points sytem,if yer exceeded a certain number of norty points out yer went,the points one had accrued were on yer profile if one recalls correctly,think I had four.
:rolleyes:

Jerricho
7th Mar 2006, 17:10
As have I (and Mr Farrell vouched for me that I would behave)

Thing is, there are other forums on this great site ;). Getting banned from the whole site, now that's an exclusive club. (Plaz, One Ball, that other knob from the D&G forums Witsun .......hang on, there's a trend there)

con-pilot
7th Mar 2006, 17:11
What, from here or from a bar?:p

(No to both, just lucky.;) )

G-CPTN
7th Mar 2006, 17:11
I got five days for contributing to a thread that had been previously deleted/combined (never saw the signs) and someone (not me) rejuvenated it. I believe there were thirty 'offenders'. Did I learn my lesson? Well I had it endorsed that the Mods are in charge, and what they say goes. I agree. It's their (well Danny's) game and their rules.
I MISSED JB for those five days, but managed not to top myself (I was still able to visit Marge's emporium).
I don't feel that I personally deserved to be banned, but at least I can now brag about it! :} :ok: :ok: :ok:

Jerricho
7th Mar 2006, 17:13
If we all just played nice and stuff, it wouldn't be needed.

frostbite
7th Mar 2006, 17:15
Got caught by the same one, same reason, G-CPTN. Still wondering why the thread wasn't simply locked.

West Coast
7th Mar 2006, 17:17
I spent some time in the penalty box. It was all grandpa's fault for making some anatomical reference.

Ozzy
7th Mar 2006, 17:20
Got locked out of one thread for a scurrilous attack on our Froggy cousins from across The Manche...:E

Ozzy

Jerricho
7th Mar 2006, 17:21
Westy, arguing with Grandpa shouldn't count. Been there too mate ;)

Loki
7th Mar 2006, 17:25
Under a different user name. Said what I thought of a country in the Middle East, and its links with terrorism (not Iraq or Iran, but does start with "I"). In my defence, I had posted with half a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon inside of me. I still hold those views though.

Reinstated soon after under my own cognisance or something.

acbus1
7th Mar 2006, 17:26
Nope! Never been banned!

Such a nice, amenable, easy going, polite chap like me could never be barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

tony draper
7th Mar 2006, 17:26
Oh one has been locked out of a few threads,and ones icon has been changed to a cabbage on a few occasions,mostly for mysogomystic misanthropic homophobic xeophobic and fundametalist atheistic posts,one likes ones sins to have long names yer see.
Old Cross Bound started some good threads in the old days,but he got banned.

colmac747
7th Mar 2006, 17:28
This banning lark seems quite popular!

Thought i had copped a ban recently, during the Mohammed Cartoon fiasco...Madame Flaps was especially ruthless with my post. :\ I'd go as far to say she deleted all of mine and included her views in no uncertain manner..one went for a wander around the garden for a few hours:ouch:

*Madame Flaps was ofcourse correct!;)

con-pilot
7th Mar 2006, 17:28
Aw, let us not forget the unforgettable Capt. Ed!:eek:

airborne_artist
7th Mar 2006, 17:30
Got the final warning on another aviation forum for asking too many hard (but pertinent) Qs about the self-styled Baby Branson - who it seems was all that I expected him to be...

Mac the Knife
7th Mar 2006, 17:31
Ahhhhh OCB...

God he used to annoy me!

Got some real ding-dong threads going though - you could practically see the PPRuNe steam coming down the phone lines....

:ok:

tony draper
7th Mar 2006, 17:37
Yer got to be carefull with Mamasam Flappy she int above a bit of Palimpsest yer know, yer liable to find yer tirade agin Johnny furriner changed to
"Oh I like pink fluffy cushions and playing with little kittens"

:uhoh: :E

airship
7th Mar 2006, 17:49
Shades of Steve McQueen "Hilts" - The Cooler King in many of the posts here... :cool:

Von Luger: Are all American officers so ill-mannered?
Hilts: Yeah, about 99 percent.
Von Luger: Then perhaps while you are with us you will have a chance to learn some. Ten days isolation, Hilts.
Hilts: *Captain* Hilts.
Von Luger: Twenty days.
Hilts: Right. Oh, uh, you'll still be here when I get out?
Von Luger: [visibly annoyed to guards] Cooler!

The Zero Club - now there was something to be proud of belonging to... :ok: :uhoh:

Wyler
7th Mar 2006, 17:59
Got chucked off the whole site for upsetting some luvvies on Cabin Crew. Was a bit shocked, so logged on as someone else.:E

The ban was for 6 days I think.

Evening Star
7th Mar 2006, 19:37
Once got a thread locked. Queried with Her Flapship and was told it was because I had gone to the beach. Surreal as it may seem, that was quite accurate.:\

OCB? Those were the days...:ouch: :rolleyes:

TooFiddy
7th Mar 2006, 19:44
Getting thrown off the Cabin Crew forum is nothing to crow about.... anyone can do it. They're quite precious and sensitive to criticism and ridicule in there! :{

Getting on banned in D&G, on the other hand... Although it has become easier of late.

Sometimes it feels a bit like the Suicide Express around here...... :}

Solid Rust Twotter
7th Mar 2006, 19:46
Easiest one to get banned on is Chemtrails. As soon as they get a whiff of aircrew they start banning like a mad banning thing.

Isn't it time for another raid...?:E :ok:

Evening Star
7th Mar 2006, 20:00
Isn't it time for another raid...?

Too easy.

Remind me, who was responsible for the, 'ahem', creatively captioned photos?:E

Solid Rust Twotter
7th Mar 2006, 20:06
We're not worthy, we're not worthy...!:} :ok:

Unwell_Raptor
7th Mar 2006, 20:37
Got chucked off the whole site for upsetting some luvvies on Cabin Crew. Was a bit shocked, so logged on as someone else.

Do you mean that some people have more than one PPRuNe user ID? Surely not? I can't believe that I read that.

Tsk! Tsk!

How unsporting.

Solid Rust Twotter
7th Mar 2006, 20:42
Jerricho's extended family are noticeable by their absence...:E

G-CPTN
7th Mar 2006, 20:44
One doesn't NEED an ID to VIEW, merely access the URLs as a Guest (a 'trick' that I overlooked until my fourth day of suspension). Of course you can't p*** but at least you can read.

tony draper
7th Mar 2006, 20:54
Not like that now,if yer get banned from JB frinstance yer can't read it either,err so I'm told :rolleyes:

timmcat
7th Mar 2006, 21:22
Got kicked off JB once for partially organising and partaking in the infamous day trip to the Carribean forum.

tall and tasty
7th Mar 2006, 21:35
I know a few who would like me banned!!

I have had my wrist slapped over something

TnT

Jerricho
7th Mar 2006, 21:45
Jerricho's extended family are noticeable by their absence...:E

Tis amazing what social cleansing can do ;)

tony draper
7th Mar 2006, 21:55
All in all I think proon is very well moderated,I have seen what used to be a good website with a good off topic forum that used to be interesting and good for a laugh a joke or a serious discussion ruined by over moderation,all you get there now is nerds discussing feckin star wars or the latest graphics card and such.
Also visited other websites that are just insane asylums with almost no moderation.
:cool:
Lets face it most of us must have got that uneasy feeling reading through something we have just typed that perhaps twould be better not to hit "submit reply"

Davaar
7th Mar 2006, 22:02
....... or, less fortunately, after hitting the submit button.

Evening Star
7th Mar 2006, 22:05
Got kicked off JB once for partially organising and partaking in the infamous day trip to the Carribean forum

Ha, was on that trip, was even there when the earth moved and we ended up back in Jet Blast, and got away with it ... whoops, oh s:mad:t, perhaps I should not have said that ... :uhoh: :O

BenThere
7th Mar 2006, 22:25
I've had several posts deleted without comment, but have only been banned twice, once for five days and once completely from a thread (Paris Burning).

I've learned with experience where most of the nerves are, and try to drill around them.:)

tony draper
7th Mar 2006, 22:26
How is it I can carefully read through my posts before hitting send and see nothing wrong, then once it is posted and on view to all, I can instantly spot at least three mistakes.
:uhoh:

G-CPTN
7th Mar 2006, 22:29
Just saved myself from a ban. Was on R&N and felt a suitable witty repost a la mode of JB brewing before I realised where I was!

Onan the Clumsy
7th Mar 2006, 23:48
she int above a bit of Palimpsest yer knowYou must've just read Sherlock Holmes and the case of the golden Pince Nez then?

I only got banned once. They didn't really want to do it, but for the sake of appearences, well you couldn't ban all those other disgruntled feckers and not get everyone who happened to make the same innocent mistake now could you?

Oh the shame, the ignominy. At least some of you have jad the decency to get banned alone. :{

I got a stern reprimand for suggesting an outing. More shame and ignominy as it wasn't even an original idea. :(

Jerricho's Wife seems to have been absent from JetBlast if you now what I mean. :E

Lon More
7th Mar 2006, 23:58
I've had a few posts removed, apologies again Madam Flaps, never quite managed to be banned or put on probation, unlike my old colleague TrafficTraffic, now back in Australia to the probable great relief of those at LATCC.
I did get a very snotty letter from a person in an office in Queensway years ago, who objected to an article published in a magazine.
BTW not everyone gets a ban, some, like "the Guv", just fade away:rolleyes:

BlueDiamond
8th Mar 2006, 01:19
... some, like "the Guv", just fade away ...
Or are put away.

arcniz
8th Mar 2006, 01:46
Well...sorry. I have been remiss. Something for which to strive.

Buster Hyman
8th Mar 2006, 01:46
Danny told me to "bog off" once...does that count?

Never been banned, but I shared an ISP of a person that was & got caught up in the ban.

Oh, I posted something that got Pprune banned at my former employer...does that count too?

8th Mar 2006, 01:48
I guess I'm too new here to be banned, but I've had a personal remark removed in the Mid East section. Said remark was deserved though. Obviously some bored kid who'd written in to get people's backs up.

Do I get naughty points from the mods for that? If so, how do I find out how many? It's probably best I know how close to the mark I am. Wouldn't want a ban. Pprune's an invaluable source of information.

cosworth211
8th Mar 2006, 02:10
Banned 3 times for distasteful comments about our chums who reside to the East :\ .
Also been locked out of a few threads, one that sticks in my memory is "the personal insults thread" on JB, locked out for being too childish? :confused: :sad: :ooh:
During most of my "moments" I have been "mildly intoxicated" :hmm:
Luckily for me I always remember to apologise to the superior intelligence of the mods after an episode! :} :ok:

tinpis
8th Mar 2006, 04:13
Tin never been banned but someone who uses his pooter has...http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/laughinatu.gif

acbus1
8th Mar 2006, 05:30
Wonder how we could fix it to get banned en masse?

We could form a massed banned.

Buster Hyman
8th Mar 2006, 06:28
...Then we could all go to the mods together...like a massed approach...:ouch:

B Fraser
8th Mar 2006, 07:36
My post a few moments ago on international womens day may result in a few days spent in solitary. :rolleyes:

If Tin has never been banned, what about Tin/Copper alloys...... that would be a brass banned ?

yours,

the shining wit of JetBlast

tony draper
8th Mar 2006, 07:50
Everybody was banned once,Danny shut JB down, so be carefull for what you wish.
:uhoh:

Jordan D
8th Mar 2006, 09:36
5 Days for something to do with Danish Cartoons. Apparently posted in the wrong thread.

Jordan

Go Smoke
8th Mar 2006, 09:37
I got banned by a mod on Medical and Health for casting aspersions on the efficacy of Neuro Linguistic Programming and it's complete lack of evidence base, as compared to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Unfortunately, it seems the mod was a bit of an NLP fan and took exception.
Found myself unable to log on to or even look at pprune for sometime (about 4 weeks and was then only allowed intermittent access for another couple of months, until it seemed he got bored with sadistic behaviour)
I fooled around and changed my IP address etc which would then enable me to log on until he noticed and then blocked it again.
Thing that annoyed me (I hate admitting that it did, as this was probably his aim) was that he never pm'd or emailed me to explain why.
Probably get banned for this.

Paterbrat
8th Mar 2006, 09:41
Been trying to remember, Saffa Holding or some such name. I think she operated out of Zurich. Apparently female and with the most incredible ability to piss people off. I was sometimes quite amused by her submissions.

Do remember being written to privately by Danny because I felt sorry/ stood up for a particular individual who it in fact turns out was a complete nasty. I suppose my misguided efforts to redress the balance was the somewhat vitriolic reactions of the crowd. In reflection justified.

strafer
8th Mar 2006, 10:02
We could form a massed bannedCareful now, I had a post deleted for talking about a mass debate.

Was banned from Private Flying for upsetting BRL. I know not why - it's not my fault Liverpool is a sh1thole is it?*

*Joke! Joke! Joke!

acbus1
8th Mar 2006, 10:02
There are some cunning linguists around, Go Smoke, aren't there? :rolleyes:

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/wall.gif

Paterbrat
8th Mar 2006, 10:05
Was that cunni or cunning? Ooops thin ice methinks.:uhoh:

tony draper
8th Mar 2006, 10:07
Nah, I think yer got banned for long words Mr Go Smoke. :rolleyes:

Go Smoke
8th Mar 2006, 10:13
Soz......... :D

sixmilehighclub
8th Mar 2006, 10:44
the shining wit of JetBlast

The whining what??

Morbid
8th Mar 2006, 11:21
Was banned a loongg time ago under another id. I´ve no idea what for.... never received any communication and have never been able to access JB since. Can view whilst logged out.

Just waiting for this id to be banned now.....:hmm:

benhurr
8th Mar 2006, 11:48
I got banned for posting under the influence...

teifiboy
8th Mar 2006, 11:57
slightly off subject, but I got banned from the BBC Scrum 5 rugby forum for starting a thread about the funny things that girlfriends say a-la "out of the mouths of babes". Got an e-mail from the BBC saying it contravened their rules on sexism... sorry for breathing!!!

ExSimGuy
8th Mar 2006, 12:57
Easiest one to get banned on is Chemtrails. As soon as they get a whiff of aircrew they start banning like a mad banning thing.

Isn't it time for another raid...?:E :ok:
I was looking for it only recently, but couldn't find it - maybe they're operating in "stealth mode" and are invisible to Prooners??

Yeah - I loved that overhead panel :E

The Invisible Man
8th Mar 2006, 13:27
Oh the day trip to the Carribean Forum, and the attack on the military! The Zero club...such happy memories.

Severely restricted but never banned....Yet!!!

fokker
8th Mar 2006, 13:34
I was. Can't remember what for, though.:}

BTW, it's been rather quiet, has that utter w*nker 411A been given the heave-ho? Hope so.

G-CPTN
8th Mar 2006, 13:43
Wonder how we could fix it to get banned en masse?
We could form a massed banned.
We could have a debate - a mass debate . . .

strafer
8th Mar 2006, 13:49
G-CPTN - may I refer you to post #58?

G-CPTN
8th Mar 2006, 13:55
Sorry, p*st*ng as I read-in.
(Been out for LONG walk this am).

acbus1
8th Mar 2006, 13:56
G-CPTN - may I refer you to post #58?
Hey! There's nothing wrong with twice in one day.

*sigh* Those were the days........:(

Send Clowns
8th Mar 2006, 14:11
Have been banned from a thread before, but was well worth it, and the person I enlightened upon his defects was also banned :}, as he had made ill-conceived and unwarranted attacks on my person before that. Never been banned totally.

Old Cross Bound - those certainly were the days. I refused to answer him, after he said something really off about Velvet (I think the idea was that she should be burned at the stake, when she said she was a witch or similar) and refused to apologise. Velvet was a good friend, one of the first I met face-to-face (anyone still in touch with her, I lost her number when my phone crashed :( ). It seemed to really annoy him. I didn't go to the childish lengths of setting him on my ignore list (the only one who ever got there was a genuine troll, can't remember the user name) so I could still read the garbage he spouted.

I must confess, however, that when there were lots of people making up user names of the form "Old .... Bound" to take the pish out of him, I was "Old Gagged and Bound", posting nothing but "Mmmmmm ... mmmm .. mmm" :E

djk
8th Mar 2006, 14:13
Never been banned, but have had a thread withdrawn and also a couple of replies removed. But that's about it.

G-CPTN
8th Mar 2006, 14:22
Never been banned, but have had a thread withdrawn and also a couple of replies removed. But that's about it.
I thought that was normal - and therefore doesn't count!

UL730
8th Mar 2006, 14:59
Some near miss events but not banned – yet.

Been severely chastised for referring to a female mod - as a bloke. The androgynous nature of the forums and my early inexperience was promtly realigned and we are now “going forward”.

Once trapped in a classic pincer movement by 4 Mods – over dialectical inconsistencies. Probably appeared to be shepherding by them but appeared like hegemony to me.

The Joint Sh!te Fighters do pre-announce their ground rules so pushing the envelope is down to the brave or irreverent.

One has learnt to be subtle. :p
http://ocw.mit.edu/NR/rdonlyres/Global/7/726D5389-B8B7-43B2-9BC9-B3C653F20B38/0/chp_hexagon_1.jpg

Grandpa
8th Mar 2006, 16:03
A number of times.
.............So posters were banned for arguing with me?
That's the jungle law: kill or get killed (should I say "and"?).

The most surprising banning I met was against an humourist Pruner, at the beginning of Dubya's warrior adventures: he pretended to defend Bush attitude with such arguments and comments so fine and clever that everybody realised Dubya's sins...................and this made Dany angry.

ExSimGuy
8th Mar 2006, 16:41
One has learnt to be subtle. :p
Wot me -I don't know the meaning of "Sub Tel" - So where am I going wrong that I appear to be a minority (thus, should be protected?) that has ne'er been banned:E

fokker
8th Mar 2006, 16:59
Strikes me they're getting ever-so sensitive - just had another reply deleted. Spect this will be, too! :{ ;) :}

Taildragger67
8th Mar 2006, 17:28
S'pose The Guv's being sent down is the ultimate form of banning... can't say one I aspire to!

Some of the moves on the MC thread are redolent of a certain white-shirted player on a far-off foreign (well, Scottish) field last weekend for which he got ten minutes...

Actually maybe we should steer this thread around to be a list of those who we would ban automatically, were they ever to show their faces on PPRuNe. Since Dubya is a given, I'll start with Gavin Henson, for the simple reason that no rugby player should ever take the field with gel in his hair.

fokker
8th Mar 2006, 17:30
B*gger me!!! And another!! Is Tony Blair in the chair at Prune Towers now, or what?

colmac747
8th Mar 2006, 17:30
John Prescott:mad:

G-CPTN
8th Mar 2006, 19:40
Whilst I agree with your general theme, Rick, I recall being naughty towards the male teachers too (in fact they represented a greater challenge), and I recall NO sexual feelings of any sort towards them.
Your theory is plausible, though, if I remember rightly, the purpose of being naughty was to humiliate the teacher and demonstrate their lack of control. I HOPE you're not suggesting that should be the objective on JB?

Rick Storm
8th Mar 2006, 19:57
G-CPTN
It all comes down to the dominant male theory. Forget school days, the guys get turned on by a female mod. Totally against the male control. In a sexual scenario the woman dictates how to remove her clothes.

Or in this case, she is in control. And the guys like it...She has the POWER.

got caught
9th Mar 2006, 10:38
I got banned by a mod on Medical and Health for casting aspersions on the efficacy of Neuro Linguistic Programming and it's complete lack of evidence base

Incredible. Especially as you consider some of the crap posted there.

ExSimGuy
9th Mar 2006, 11:45
aspersions on the efficacy of Neuro Linguistic Programming and it's complete lack of evidence base And quite rightly so - anyone using language like that - even on JB - should be banned for life :\

360 degree mason
9th Mar 2006, 12:13
Danny got banned from airliners.net iirc for his detective work on the guv.

What happened to SASless?

surely not
9th Mar 2006, 14:20
I had a ban from most areas for following others down to the cooling waters of the Carribbean (shud it have one R or one B?). It was a very pleasing 2 or 3 days until it became clear that it wasn't a popular outing with the mods and I suddenly found I couldn't access most of the site! I didn't even geta PM to tell me what, why or how I'd been banned, left in ignorance I was until I spoke with Madame Flaps and the mighty Hawk on Chat one evening.

I have also had several posts removed from threads on middle eastern politics, apparently my views do not match the managements. As most of the arguments on this subject are from people who are blind only to their own point of view I rarely bother with commenting on them now.

I haveto be a bit more careful now as too many people know 'Surely not' in reality so I cannot stir the pot as much as I would like ;) and I've forgotten my other personas passwords!!