PDA

View Full Version : Application

PNH2ATL
7th Mar 2006, 14:19
I emailed my application yesterday and got this email today.....

This is to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.

Your updated information will be held on file for future consideration.

Thank you for your continued interest in Cathay Pacific Airways.

...... Is this a good email or a bad email?

Thanks

Pointer
7th Mar 2006, 16:56
its their standard reply, it just says what it says; you have made the first step in a process which can result in employment :\

Pointer :E

Mink
8th Mar 2006, 00:26
Got the same thing amonth or so ago, I figure I'm in line like everyone else.

Mink

nice-salad
8th Mar 2006, 00:37
It sounds more like the standard reply for when you update your application. If it was your initial application you should have received a PRN number, and a two page attachment which are your update forms with your prn number on them.

beechbum
8th Mar 2006, 13:22
Am considering reapplying to CX after going through the whole interview process a few years back. I haven't updated my application since 2004...I think!!! Would my PRN number still be current, or would I have to fill out a new application and get a new PRN number. Any info would be appreciated.
Ta, thanks, gracias, merci........

Mink
8th Mar 2006, 14:05
I applied to CX back in 2000, got called for a phase 1 interview but turned it down as I had already accepted a job with AA. When I got f'd from AA after 9/11, I re-applied to CX and my original PRN was still mine. Re-applied again a few months ago and used the same PRN on the paperwork. Did not hear anything from CX saying a new one had been assigned, so I'm assuming it's still mine.:hmm:

So, long answer to a short question, but I'd use the original PRN. If nothing else, maybe a well-aged PRN shows interest in CX over time...?

Mink

marbles1
8th Mar 2006, 14:19
I applied to CX regularly up until 2000 and then I didn't apply again until 2004. I sent them a resume assuming my PRN no longer exsisted however CX sent me back an update form with my original PRN. I start in 3 weeks so the gap in applying is not a huge issue as long as you have a reasonable answer for the reason during the interview.

beechbum
9th Mar 2006, 13:49
Thanks for the info guys. Will get it already and send it off. Thanks again and good luck!

airman904
9th Mar 2006, 22:58
Hello and thank you in advance for any info. Has anyone here ever gone to an AirInc job fair to get some face time with Cathay? If so, do they conduct a technical interview at that time or is it just a meet and greet type event. Reason being, I don't have the time to do all the prep for a typical 1st interview but do have time to review the company's history and current events. Thanks.

rogerover
10th Mar 2006, 05:54
I'll second Marble's response. I didn't update for about 5 years and just updated this past winter with the same PRN. Got a call for 1st interview this next month in SFO -DEFO. Good luck to everyone.

V1V2VR
10th Mar 2006, 12:02
I got the same reply too and then a call for an interview the following week. Just lucky I guess. Phase one in two weeks...

CloudSailor
10th Mar 2006, 18:34
airman904,
i had an application, and updated it for two years.... nothing. went to an air, inc. job fair and met carol de la harpe. she only reviewed my application packet, no questions, no informal interview at all. got the call for first interview four weeks later. from my personal experience, it's highly worth your time to got the job fair and let them put a face with the app.
good luck.
cs.

airman904
10th Mar 2006, 21:31
Thanks Cloud Sailor. That's just the info I was looking for. Cathay is the only airline I'm going there to see and although it's a little pricey, it sounds worth it. I just wanted to make sure, with such little time to study, they weren't going to do the full on tech interview at that time. Attending will be Monica Chang and John Holmes. Any further info is appreciated. Thanks again.

airman904
10th Mar 2006, 21:35
I will be up on Cathay history and current events, but any suggestions on what else to know for the meet and greet or what to bring besides my good attitude and copies of paperwork?

CloudSailor
11th Mar 2006, 03:06
of course, you would want to be well dressed and presented. have a little info on hong kong, and express how much you are looking forward to living there.
other than that, be yourself, enjoy meeting them and i'm sure it'll pay off.
great luck.
cs

airman904
11th Mar 2006, 03:43
Thanks again.