PDA

View Full Version : Tanzania flying????

Bob3213
7th Mar 2006, 08:41
I understand that there is lots of opportunities in Tanz? Can someone give me advise to how the flying/safety/salaries and living conditions are like in this part of "Dark Africa"?

Soap Box Cowboy
8th Mar 2006, 21:12
There are a few oppertunities in Tanzania, all depends on your experience and what your looking for.

Kittycat
10th Mar 2006, 14:01
Bob, cant answer anything else, but Arusha and Mwanza are great as far as living conditions go... quite cheap, nice food and people...! :)

One eye chimp
10th Mar 2006, 22:14
I am currently entertaining the idea of going to Tanzania also, have roughly 1700TT, 300 multi command on PA31, IFR, experience gained in outback Australia.
Would any one be interested?

Bob3213
12th Mar 2006, 09:46
I have 1600 TT and I'm gatvol for the "drunken German" here in Swakopmund. See you guys in Tanz... Anyone coming with?

Shaker One
13th Mar 2006, 01:39
OEC

I flew years ago in TZ so have no recent info. As always though with that part of the world, I think the best thing is to just take the plunge and show up. Your hours should get you into something there.

Blah Blah Fishpaste
15th Mar 2006, 06:01
If you are use to contract type flying , then Tanz is one of the better places i recon. I spent some time up there ( albeit with an airline) in Dar Es Salaam and it was reaaly nice. Nice people to work with and a beauts part of the world to fly into. The ATC was a bit dodgie and cant vouch for the maintenance, so if you do go...keep an eye on those 2. Zanzibar is awsome!

Local carriers are Precision air and Air Tanzania amoungst other smaller charter type operators. Precision Air is part owned by one of the heavs in govrnmunt so they get pref treatment by everybody.

Good kashew nuts too.......;)

Yakka
16th Mar 2006, 13:05
Thanks Soap Box Cowboy, I knew that someone thought that us guys and gals' at Mwanza and Arusha were nice, and now i know who it is.

You're a champ.