PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation LHR

prat_eegle
6th Mar 2006, 17:17
Hola,
Me han cogido en BA LHR como TCP, y tengo previsto el comienzo de contrato y curso el 17 de abril.
Agradeceria informaciones sobre cuartos en alquiler, pisos a compartir, etc, que no sean caros, y relativamente cerca y/o con facil acceso a LHR.
Gracias
Saludos

Jamongris
7th Mar 2006, 06:09
Check out www.loot.com, which is the English version of segundomano for places to rent. Not sure how much you think cheap is though, cos generally London isn't.

With regards to location, you really want to be on the underground (Piccadilly line) or a local bus route. The closest big town is Hounslow/Hatton Cross both of which have bus/tube links with the airport. Feltham is a bit more desirable, also has a bus link and is on the main railway network too. A little further afield but on the same line is Acton and Chiswick, but the further you travel the more you pay on the underground.

Hope that helps, Graham.

prat_eegle
8th Mar 2006, 20:28
:D

Hi,
thanks a lot for the info. I am not too familiar with London though I have been there a few times. Though I have a map of the tube for reference, your info and comments are much appreciated and will be helpful.
How are Harrow, Hounslow, and Hatton Cross to stay? What would be a nice place to stay in your opinion? In any case, I cant be choosy because I also am looking for something that is reasonably (what would that be?) priced, and dont need any luxuries.

Re your nickname, I think it is really an original translation. Very creative. Are you Spanish or English?

Thanks again.

Regards.

Jamongris
9th Mar 2006, 09:03
Hi again,

From your choices the nicest place is Harrow but also a bit of a pain to get to Heathrow.

Hounslow and Hatton Cross are safe enough but not that desirable. If you continue along the Piccadilly line past Hounslow the areas improve until Chiswick and then start going downhill again.

Richmond, Twickenham and Kingston are ok too if you can get a bus across to Heathrow. Theres a very good site called Transport for London, the link for which is below. It'll give you a good idea how long and how many changes each journey will take.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/

It sounds like you're on a budget so bear in mind the bus is now much cheaper than the tube.

Re my name, I'm from London but now live happily in the outskirts of Madrid. It came around from trying to explain my name to Spaniards who were interested in pronouncing it as the English do. Grey like the colour, then Ham but said with the London accent so the H is not pronounced. I then reversed the two words cos thats what happens in Spanish and ended up with Jamongris. Graham is very difficult for Spanish speakers, I had one person give up when I told her my name and just said I'll call you Pepe :D

It gets worse when I tell then my brother is called Brian......They sound very similar.

MD12
10th Mar 2006, 14:45
En Hatton Cross realmente no hay nada para vivir, es más una estación al alcance de algunas cosas como Cranebanks (Centro de entrenamiento de British AIrways) y algunos servicios 'auxiliares del aeropuerto': British AIrways World Cargo, Rent a Car's, etc... Hay un pueblo muy cerca llamado Feltham que no está nada mal, muy tranquilo y bien comunicado con el aeropuerto y con el resto de las líneas. COmo referencia busca el Hotel St. Giles Feltham que está justo encima de la estación central. En Hounslow, frente a la estación de metro, justo al cruzar la calle, encontrarás una tienda de ultramarinos con cientos de anuncios de pisos/habitaciones para alquilar. El pueblo no está mal: bien comunicado, tiendas a mogollon, comida rapida, supermercados, videoclubs, etc...

wince
17th Mar 2006, 11:11
prat_eegle,

Mira en Chiswick. Esta a 15-20 minutos de Heathrow en coche y es una muy buena zona. no es de lo mas barato, pero si encuentras a alguien para compartir vale la pena.

W,