PDA

View Full Version : OASC SOON?

THELONELYSAC
6th Mar 2006, 14:35
just been reading through the few 'i'm off to OASC soon threads' I was recently down for p2 presentation and mate of mine was recently accepted, got these tips on what the interviewers are keen on, esp for serving airmen!
Project SLAM, new single living accn
Regiment restructure
JCA basing at RAF Lossiemouth
1 Group and 2 group merging from 1gp, 2gp and 3gp
New Hawk 135 (if your going for pilot)
JPA and how it affects wages etc
New fitness test, max effort
New CAS and CDS
Argentina- Malvinas argument. oil in antarctic
Iran- next little battle on our hands?

few tips there hope they help, incedently anyone got any other tips for the 3 days of hell?

PS Serving airmen or UAS members, contact your intelligence flight, wealth of useful knowledge!

sorry should be in interview jobs and sponsorship

JessTheDog
6th Mar 2006, 16:17
See if your unit has a Commissioning Club - very useful, with current affairs discussions, outdoor leadership exercises and plenty of tips.

If your unit doesn't have one, suggest it to the CO or Stn Cdr through an appropriate channel. Watch as a JO suddenly "volunteers" as OIC Commissioning Club!

Cynicism aside, JOs should be active in promoting this sort of venture and if a unit doesn't have a Commissioning Club then the Mess bar should be shut until one is formed!

Safety_Helmut
6th Mar 2006, 19:20
Hawk 135 ? Hawk 128 I think. :ok:

S_H

THELONELYSAC
15th Mar 2006, 13:07
yeah my bad on the Hawk thing, finger trouble, :confused: lol, alledgedly got a Commissioning club on camp but what little is seen of it is always passed off as 'we're working on it', never mind, Int flight here i come...