PDA

View Full Version : The illuminati..

ex_matelot
6th Mar 2006, 13:54
Anybody believe they exist?

So much information out there on the matter its hard to differentiate between what could hold weight and what is a blatent conspiracy theory.

One thought...

How come an inverse pentagram can be placed and match exactly on an aerial view of Washington DC??
Lots of info about all the secret symbology out there and how all the big guns use it.Anybody else looked into all this?

lexxity
6th Mar 2006, 13:55
You been reading Dan Brown, Mr Ex?

goshdarnit
6th Mar 2006, 13:55
Can anyone shed any light on the subject?

ex_matelot
6th Mar 2006, 13:57
No Lex!!

Have read the davinci code etc and just decided to do a bit of googling which resulted in my finding 57'000'000 different reasons why aliens from a family of 13 members secretly run the world...Including the 'colonel' from KFC!

acbus1
6th Mar 2006, 13:57
Can anyone shed any light on the subject?
BlueWolf might.....he's just bought four lifetime's supply of laser pointers. :8

G-CPTN
6th Mar 2006, 13:58
I COULD tell you, but then I'd have to kill you . . .
Prescott . . .:mad:

ex_matelot
6th Mar 2006, 14:00
Here is one example of what ive found..the author shows how different symbols and their meanings are incorporated into everyday objects-the significance of certain numbers etc..

http://www.timetravelinstitute.com/ttiforum/printthread.php?Board=montauk&main=13657&type=post

Capt.KAOS
6th Mar 2006, 14:41
Anybody believe they exist?
I donīt, the Bilderberg group exists and so do Gods bankers. Browns next book `The Freemasons Code`...

allan907
6th Mar 2006, 14:42
It took me 33 minutes to read that link:E

ehwatezedoing
6th Mar 2006, 18:06
And 33hrs to understand it :{

(I'm in a time wrapped factor)

daedalus
6th Mar 2006, 22:09
Haven't heard of it, but wouldn't be surprised. Washington DC was planned (by a Frenchman) and geometrical shapes are characteristic of a planned city. In addition, there was a lot of freemasonery around at the time (many of the "founding fathers" were masons) and there are a number of freemasonery symbols (pyramid, the 'seeing eye" and such) on US dollar bills. Take a close look at one next time you have one.:)

tony draper
6th Mar 2006, 22:13
Yup,then a few of our freemasons went across and burned the place.:E

G-CPTN
6th Mar 2006, 22:25
Was that the Klu Klux Clan?

BlueWolf
6th Mar 2006, 22:26
It's all true, I'm afraid. We exist, and we run the world. We make quite a good job of it, I think.
In any case there's nothing any of you can do about it, because we have magical secret powers, so get back to work and don't fret on the matter.
:cool:

PS: God knows about us and quietly approves, so there.

tony draper
6th Mar 2006, 22:32
Of course if you are a ultra secret society the obvious thing to do is to leave signs and symbols of your existance all over the place int it.
:rolleyes:

G-CPTN
6th Mar 2006, 22:40
Like Kilroy?

Richard Spandit
6th Mar 2006, 22:50
Do a Google image search for "Washington pentagram" and you quickly see what a load of rubbish this is. Yes, you can draw a pentagram of sorts by joining up different streets, but it's not an equilateral pentagram and looks to me like a nice piece of urban design as a departure from the god awful grid of most US cities...

Wedge
6th Mar 2006, 23:49
there are a number of freemasonery symbols (pyramid, the 'seeing eye" and such) on US dollar bills. Take a close look at one next time you have one.

That much is true. Take a look at a one dollar bill with a magnifying glass, top right hand corner, if you look very closely you can see an owl peeping over the box with the "1" in it. The owl is apparently an 'Illuminati' symbol.

That said, I am not a conspiracy theorist and I don't believe that the 'Illuminati' secretly control the world. But historically, there was such a group and their imagery has found its way onto the Dollar bill etc.

Looks over shoulder....Damn! I've already said too much!!!

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/owl.jpg

lasernigel
7th Mar 2006, 07:15
The illuminati..

Saw the first few letters and thought it were on about the illuminations at Blackpool.They're trying to keep them on all year round so have applied for a lottery grant.
.Strange how wrong you can be if you make assumptions.:ok:

phoenix son
7th Mar 2006, 07:31
Being serious for a moment (bizarrely enough, I realise:rolleyes: ), there are certainly secret societies out there, so why not the Illuminati. If they ARE still in existence, do they have any real power over anything or anybody these days? Bear in mind that a few hundred years ago, the Church controlled most of the land and the people that lived on it, if you weren't part of it, you weren't likely to be around for long...:uhoh: Now THAT'S a powerful secret society...:oh:

chuks
7th Mar 2006, 07:38
I was doing some tourism in Munich, admiring the Jesuit Church, when I noticed that very same emblem, the eye centred in a triangle. Hmm....

Either they copied that off the American dollar bill or else it's a symbol for the omniscience of the Deity or perhaps the Jesuits are also Illuminati. That's scary, dude!

You don't suppose that many symbols are copied from features found out there in the world, do you? Or that they are logical developments of philosophical concepts? That might account for how you could make the symbol fit the reality. It would be easier to understand, but much less fun that positing some shadowy group of shape-shifting leaders hidden from the gaze of all but a few writers of dodgy paperback books.

Once you start looking there are many, many weird things out there to be seen. Check out the old woman showing off her naughty bits featured on some Gothic cathedrals. Visit Spain and you will see what seems to be the Ku Klux Klan on parade when there's a religious festival. I guess they copied the costumes.

If you look at the Colosseum in Rome from a certain angle with eyes half-shut it looks exactly like a half-eaten Quarter Pounder. Now why is that? Sheer coincidence or evidence of a worldwide conspiracy?

Perhaps when David Irving gets past his present difficulties he could team up with Dan Brown and Helmut von Daeneken and give us the loony conspiracy history of practically everything. Sort of a 'Short History of Time' for morons.

The SSK
7th Mar 2006, 08:47
The layout of the Royal Park in the centre of Brussels is full of Masonic symbols, of which the compasses are the most obvious. There's absolutely no secret about it though - it's all perfectly well known and documented.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/TheSSK/BruPark.jpg

tony draper
7th Mar 2006, 08:59
Theres a large impressive building in my town with ornate pillared portico and in a obvious double bluff it has MASONIC HALL emblasoned on its front in two foot high letters,who do they think they are fooling?

goshdarnit
7th Mar 2006, 09:41
Did you realise that "ILLUMINATI" is an anagram of "NAIL I MULTI"!!!

If that doesn't prove it's all true then I don't know what does!

The truth is out there, Spooky.

Justiciar
7th Mar 2006, 09:45
This is a "which came first, the chicken or the egg" sort of question. During the 18th Century there were so many secret societies popping into existance and then fading away. They borrowed symbols and words from more antient societies, cultures and religeons. The pyramid is one such symbol, which is not masonic though some groups have associated it as such. Many of these groups, including the illuminati, fabricated for themselves a history and mysticism. Masonary expanded in the 18th century and after into many different side degrees, each with their own extensions to the basic history and mythology of masonary. To try and read true history into these mythologies is to be totally mislead. Many politicians and world leaders were members of these secret societies. Whether that means that the societies rule to world is a question without a real answer.

People have an abiding facination for these things, which explains the popularity of nonsense like the da Vinci code.

G-CPTN
7th Mar 2006, 09:48
Nobody has yet mentioned the swastika.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

ex_matelot
7th Mar 2006, 09:57
Also, take a look at the corner aspect of 'big ben' (bugger off pedants...I know ;) )

Looks remarkably like an owl which is a well known symbol in the funny walking circles.

tony draper
7th Mar 2006, 10:04
Newcastle Breweries utilise the pentacle to sell their devils brew Brown Ale as well.

acbus1
7th Mar 2006, 11:10
Hows about the Illuminati merging with the Glitterati.

Bright idea?

But what to call them.......

Taildragger55
7th Mar 2006, 11:12
Now THAT'S a powerful secret society...

Powerful maybe, secret? Er no....

"I've got a plan for our secret lairs. We'll build them on tops of hills, with big spikes on the roof, and ring enormous bells twice a day. No-one will suspect a thing. "

ExSimGuy
7th Mar 2006, 12:36
Let's be a bit careful guys, even Dr. Who has to keep a beady eye out for them, and he has the option to buggerroff to a few thousand years away if they get too close. We don't have that defence:eek:

phoenix son
7th Mar 2006, 13:38
"I've got a plan for our secret lairs. We'll build them on tops of hills, with big spikes on the roof, and ring enormous bells twice a day. No-one will suspect a thing. "

Awright, awright, "secret" was the wrong word, but "mysterious" may have been nearer the mark, let's be honest, there's a lot of funny goings-on behind closed church doors, one is not a fan of organised religion in the slightest...:(

ORAC
7th Mar 2006, 13:50
Hmmm, hid in plain sight, remember the purloined letter.... :suspect:

Taildragger55
7th Mar 2006, 14:35
Nah, Phoenix, everything behind church doors is completely above board.
To prove it, I'll just slip into this choir-boy costume and step inside..........
Oooooooooh, that hurts

2R
7th Mar 2006, 15:18
Hey mister it's dark in here. :} :} :}

Can you keep a Secret ???

So Can I :} :} :}