PDA

View Full Version : Logging of Flight time (Malaysia)

confirm-finals?
6th Mar 2006, 09:55
Hi all,

A little confused on logging P1US. In my Australian log book we only have an ICUS column.

P1US and ICUS are two different types of flight time and I don’t want to "spoil" my logbook with an incorrect entry.

Any help or suggestions would be great!

kwaiyai
8th Mar 2006, 01:24
Can U define ICUS. P1US is Pilot in command Under Supervision. In UK P1US is usually for flight test EG you pass your CofT then Captain is Xaminer but you log hrs in p1 if fail you still PU/T dual. Not sure about your rules though,
Regards:confused:

confirm-finals?
8th Mar 2006, 10:51
In Command Under Supervision
(ICUS) The conditions for logging of ICUS are at CAR 5.40 and include the following:
- the pilot flying ICUS must hold either a CPL or an ATPL;
-the pilot flying ICUS must make all decisions relevant to the safe operation of the aircraft;
-the pilot must hold a command aircraft endorsement for that type;
the pilot must hold a command instrument rating if the flight is conducted under the IFR;
-the operator must permit the person to fly the aircraft as pilot acting in command under supervision;
-the pilot in command of the aircraft must be appointed for the purpose by the operator of the aircraft.

ICUS includes all flight time when assigned as co-pilot acting in command under supervision as defined above:ICUS may be logged as follows:
a) in log books with single and multi-engine ICUS columns, the flight time is logged accordingly and is included in the Grand Total Hours;
b) if the log book does not have an ICUS column then ICUS may be logged in the Pilot in Command column as long as it is clearly identified as ICUS and the pilot in command is also identified;
c) alternatively, another unused column may be used to log ICUS.

Co-Pilot: Includes all flight time as co-pilot or second officer. This flight time must not to be added to Grand Total Hours or Total Aeronautical Experience when ICUS is logged.

As you know kwaiyai I only hold a co-pilot rating in Malaysia...

Damn confusing!

CAT IIIB
8th Mar 2006, 12:31
1)May I suggest;
All your previous ICUS hours is carry forward into the Malaysian logbook as P1.

2)To the best of my knowledge;
Since you are flying in Malaysia,if for example A320;
If your A320 rating in your Malaysian Licence is P1,then whenever you fly A320 you will always log P1 hours regardless of you sitting on the left or right.
If your rating is P2(definitely you will sit only on the righthand seat-I do not know how is the arrangement of Co-pilot acting as relief/cruise pilot for the left hand seat on the wide body).
,you will log P1US if you are PF for that sector and only P2 if you acted as PNF(Pilot not Flying).

3)In Malaysia,Command hours means all the hours that you have flown with P1 type rating in your licence regardless of you operating from the left or right.
All the hours that you have flown with P2 type rating in your licence either P1US or P2 are all Co-pilot hours.
Grand Total hours means all the sum of P1,P1US and P2 hours.

That's all about it.

confirm-finals?
8th Mar 2006, 15:26
Thanks for the response CAT IIIB. I am on the same wave length as you...As this is my first actual logging of ICUS I have thought about starting a Malaysian log book just to keep my Australian correct.

ICUS and P1US are the same apart from the COMMAND rating part...wish I went to Melbourne for that now!!! :{