PDA

View Full Version : Missing Threads?

Carrier
6th Mar 2006, 08:21
I have several times done a search for past threads mentioning Winair. The results show only threads going back to 2002. What has happened to the threads previous to that year? I am well aware that there were several threads mentioning this operator back in the late 1990s. For example, one mentioned a number of former Waterloo-Wellington FC instructors who went there and another mentioned some Canadian pilots who were persuaded by someone at Winair to do the Twotter course at Flight Safety as this would almost certainly ensure them employment at Winair but then found that Winair would not employ them. Along with trips to the Caribbean they probably ended up about $20,000 out of pocket and with no job that they had paid this for. (That, along with those who lost up to $30,000 at Jetsgo, has to be an expensive lesson to all pilots not to pay anything further for any type ratings/jobs after they have obtained their basic professional pilot qualification of CPL/ME/IR/float rating! Responsible companies in any industry, including aviation, recognise that there are job-specific training costs and budget for it. Those that do not are not the ones to work for.) Have these threads been lost in the change to the new PPRuNe format? Has PPRuNe decided as a policy that it will only show threads going back four years? If not, where may I find the threads older than four years? I have emailed Rob and sent a PM to the moderator on this question but not received a response.
I would like to find these past threads. Please let me know where I may obtain copies of them.