PDA

View Full Version : The Taxpayers Alliance.

acbus1
6th Mar 2006, 06:22
Stumbled across this whilst Goggling.......

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/releases/Bumper_Book_2004.pdf

Still trying to work out how to copy & paste from a PDF. Some snippets are a combination of infuriating and hilarious. "The Government wasted £50bn last year. So it owes every household in Britain free groceries for a year......" Makes the Turner Prize look like a worthwhile, honest way to make a living.

Gordon Brown for PM?

I think not. :mad:

Wingswinger
6th Mar 2006, 08:11
I've been registerd with the TPA as a supporter for months - just volunteered to be an active helper. Spread the word. We'll sink Brown yet. From little acorns.....

THAI TUN
6th Mar 2006, 10:04
The governments first priority is to stay in power.

The bigger this government makes the public sector, the more people there will be who will vote Labour in order to safeguard their jobs. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas, and public sector employees don't vote Conservative.

The more generous the welfare state is, the more people there will be who will vote Labour to safeguard their benefits. An unemployed couple with two kids receive total benefits equivalent to the same family earning an income of around 24,000 per year. 24,000 pa is also about the average wage.

Ethnic minorities tend to vote Labour, the more immigration there is, the more Labour voters there are.

So Labour have relentlessly increased the tax burden on the workers by a system of stealth taxes, to fund a system that buys them votes. Of course it's not presented that way, it's sold as 'improving the NHS', 'eradicating child poverty' etc. And who could possibly want to argue against such fine ideals :rolleyes:

None of the above
6th Mar 2006, 11:10
There is an excellent blog entitled 'Burning our money' which I suspect will increase the blood pressure even further:

http://burningourmoney.********.com/

The author is one 'Wat Tyler'.

airship
6th Mar 2006, 11:47
I love how people can so easily conjure up 50 billion of savings. "Just like that", as Tommy Cooper liked to chortle... So, how come they're not earning fortunes working for the guvvermints?! :rolleyes:

Sure, there's no denying a lot of our taxes our misspent. But apart from straight-forward corruption, examples of which are mercifully rare in UK compared to some nations, isn't that a phenomenon of all human enterprise, both big and small? After all, take me for instance. Here I am ppruning on an ADSL connection for which I pay a fixed amount every month. Yet it remains idle most of the time. What a waste? Yet, it's still the most economic method as far as I can see...?!

Anyway, shouldn't we all be looking at both sides of the coin? On one side, we have taxes, on the other we have profits, and as an employee, I happen to be bang in the middle... :}

My banker HSBC, just declared 11.5 billion pre-tax profits for 2005. BP from whom I occasionally buy petroleum products apparently made over 11 billion in 2005. Well, there's enough there just from 2 companies to make up almost half of the amount by which UK taxes are misspent... :8

Did that help?! ;)

Binoculars
6th Mar 2006, 12:24
You must be one of them communists I keep hearing about, airship. Your type is not wanted in this thread, boy. This here thread is meant for god-fearing decent law-abiding citizens.

strafer
6th Mar 2006, 12:46
Still trying to work out how to copy & paste from a PDFDisplay the 'Basic' toolbar (if not already there). Press 'select text' button.

You're welcome.

airship
6th Mar 2006, 12:54
Yeah, I just wish I was one of them nasty Hollywood types Binos (with the lifestyle to with it) like back in the McCarthy era?! Don't forget to "check under the bed...!" ;)