PDA

View Full Version : Hire of a 172/180, Central/Northern WA

compressor stall
6th Mar 2006, 02:32
Honeymoon time's approaching. Mrs Stall to be has indicated that of all my hairbrained honeymoon ideas, she likes the most a lap of northern WA in a C172/C180 or equivalent high wing, variously camping under the wing in remote station strips, and staying at the odd luxury place in the Kimberley.
We're looking at Newman - Well 33 - Balgo - Bungles - Timber - KNX - MIP - Cape Leveque - Broome - then down the coast to Shark Bay and back across the Pilbara to Newman. Obvious deviations to remote and interesting places en route would be made (and we have both worked in communities, we know the score... :cool: ).
Obviously there are many C172s to hire in Perth, but what is available for hire in KNX, BRM, DBY, PD, NWM, CNV or elsewhere on the above route? HF fitted would be preferred....
Time is from 16 May for three weeks. estimate around 40 hours of flying.
Thanks in advance :ok:
CS

185skywagon
6th Mar 2006, 03:25
Honeymoon time's approaching. Mrs Stall to be has indicated that of all my hairbrained honeymoon ideas, she likes the most a lap of northern WA in a C172/C180 or equivalent high wing, variously camping under the wing in remote station strips, and staying at the odd luxury place in the Kimberley.

Stallie,
If you really want to hire a C180, you would be marrying the wrong person:E
IE. You won't be able to get one unless you are married to, or are offspring of, the owner (and even that is no guarantee).
Having said that, PM me and I'll pass it on around our club people.
There is a C180 for hire at Camden I think.
Good luck.

OzExpat
6th Mar 2006, 07:49
Does Wiz still have his 172?

Navajo King
6th Mar 2006, 08:27
Karratha Flying Services use to hire out their 172, this was about 18 months ago that I last spoke to them so things may of changed.

Otherwise Broome would probably be your next best option, I'm sure I've heard about a few aircraft for hire there.

Cheers

InTransit
6th Mar 2006, 10:24
I don't think you'll find too much in Broome in the way of hiring aircraft. Last time I was there (2 years ago) the only plane for hire was a Warrior. There was a 182 flying out of Derby for Amity Aviation that used to get hired, so that would be an option. Otherwise, you might have to look at some places down the WA coast...Geraldton etc.

the wizard of auz
6th Mar 2006, 12:26
Stallie, I'll be home in a day or two and will send you a PM. I think I have it sorted for ya.
Yeah, Oz, I still got it. out bush chasing stuff with it right now.

magnum pi
7th Mar 2006, 06:37
Try giving Tim @ cable beach air maintinence a ring.He has a couple of early C182's and a C205 (yes 205!) for hire. One of the 182s has a bag locker tank,as they only have small tanks,only 3-4 hrs (@120kts)endurance from memory. Magnum:ok:

Bendo
7th Mar 2006, 06:54
Got my contacts at Mitchell Plateau expecting you; one of my first students and his fiancee, who is my most recent student to go solo :ok:

...and congratulations, CS. I trust she has you thawed after your recent trip?;)