PDA

View Full Version : ADDITIONAL AOC AIRCRAFT QUOTES PLEASE?

dllcooper
5th Mar 2006, 17:50
Having looked into the feasibility of creating an AOC for a private business plane, such as a cheyenne or cessna 421.

The whole operation seems harshly restrictive to small operations and overly beauraucratic. For me and partners too run an aircraft, we would definately need to be able to charter the aircraft during sitting time.

Could anybody offer me a quote to have the aircraft added onto their company AOC please, and it would of course be run according to the particular AOC specification.

Daifly
5th Mar 2006, 18:49
I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, but have a feeling that whatever I write will be taken in the wrong way...

The reason that gaining an AOC is "harshly restrictive to small operations and overly beauraucratic" is that there obviously has to be a significant level of control and professionalism attached to the operations of any aircraft for hire and reward.

JAR and EASA brought in many restrictions and levelled the playing field on many other issues; but the items that it did bring in were largely all to do with safety and quality and I don't think there are many of us out there who would now turn back the clock and "dumb down" these benchmarks as most of us can recognise the significant benefit and impact that they've had.

In order to operate one aircraft you need essentially the same postholders as you would for operating a fleet of ten. That's why it no longer favours the single aircraft operator as you're having to defray huge overheads over only one small resource. Whilst there are a number of small operators out there who are doing very well they are the ones who have embraced the changes introduced and turned them to their advantage, i.e. their own growth at the expense of other smaller operators who weren't quite as keen.

Your best bet is to do some research into those companies, and a blanket posting on here isn't your best way to target a specific operator who you wish to work with (and they all have their particular strengths) and then begin a business discussion with them.

However, as you said on your previous thread, you haven't got your ATPL yet, so if I were you I'd concentrate on one thing at a time. If you're only going to do your ATPL because your brother wants his own aircraft, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons, if you're looking at aircraft ownership and setting up an AOC as your career path post-qualification then I'd recommend getting your licence sorted first, rather than spending your time on the business plan which could be 12-18 months away.

Anyway, I hope that's taken in the spirit it's written and not as fighting talk!

sovereign
7th Mar 2006, 10:05
Hi there,

we know only all too well the costs and complications of applying for an AOC as a small operator. We operate a Cessna 421C and it took a long time to get our AOC.

The company is now going well and we are flying regularly for charter business. We are now in a position that we are looking to expand the company and take on new aircraft. What type of aircraft were you interested in putting on an AOC?

Would be happy to discuss this with you further...

Having looked into the feasibility of creating an AOC for a private business plane, such as a cheyenne or cessna 421.

The whole operation seems harshly restrictive to small operations and overly beauraucratic. For me and partners too run an aircraft, we would definately need to be able to charter the aircraft during sitting time.

Could anybody offer me a quote to have the aircraft added onto their company AOC please, and it would of course be run according to the particular AOC specification.

benhurr
8th Mar 2006, 17:52
What type of aircraft were you interested in putting on an AOC?

Can have my 421C if you want..