PDA

View Full Version : General Navigation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tinmouse
5th Mar 2006, 11:58
Hi,

I’m doing the Navigation exam next month. I’m having problems with Earth Convergence, Departure, CA, etc and all the associated formula and awkward questions. I’m finding this is talking up a great deal of time to understand, not to mention charts! I would like to ask those who have done the exam already, how much of the exam is taken up with this sort of questioning! I would hate to find on the day of the exam that I get only one or two calculation questions on this subject after letting other simpler stuff slip.

If anyone can give any advice -after doing the exam, I would be truly grateful.

Kind regards
Tinmouse.

swervin'mervin
5th Mar 2006, 13:17
As said, you really do have to know the material and be an ace on the wizz wheel - if you cant recognise what the question wants and do it first time on the wheel you may struggle with time as I had loads of wizz questions. On the other hand only had one question on convergency/conversion which is what I got wrong I think.

Use the feedback to categorize the types of question you may get and not the actual questions. If you can understand each category then any question they ask wont be a problem. Good luck its not that bad!

Hobgoblin
6th Mar 2006, 20:13
swervin'mervin is right. Take a good look and you'll see there are only x number of questions they can really ask. The numbers may change but the questions are essentially the same. Practise these until you understand them and can work them back to front side to side forwards and backwards and up and down.

I used Bristol's feedback database to practise all the different kinds of questions and made sure I was a whizz with the whizzwheel (love saying that!) and it turned out fine first time around.

Good luck, you'll be fine.