PDA

View Full Version : QR: LGW-DOH-MCT

ThreadBaron
5th Mar 2006, 09:49
I'm transiting DOH in a couple of weeks, trying to get from QR76 from LGW, arriving at 1945, to QR168 to MCT, departing at 2015. 30 minutes!:eek:

Anyone out there made this connection? QR are adamant (thrice) that it will not be a problem.

I have been through DOH before and know that the terminal is small, but the apron is not! And unloading an A330 takes time ....

On the other hand an overnight at the Ritz-Carlton would not go amiss ... although I might be missed at my birthday party!

Memetic
10th Mar 2006, 21:34
Not done it. But if you go for it, i'd reccomend packing a change of clothes in your carry on!

FormerFlyer
10th Mar 2006, 22:58
I'm transiting DOH in a couple of weeks, trying to get from QR76 from LGW, arriving at 1945, to QR168 to MCT, departing at 2015. 30 minutes!:eek:

Anyone out there made this connection? QR are adamant (thrice) that it will not be a problem.

I have been through DOH before and know that the terminal is small, but the apron is not! And unloading an A330 takes time ....

On the other hand an overnight at the Ritz-Carlton would not go amiss ... although I might be missed at my birthday party!

Take all your bags onboard - if they query why then get them to guarantee that you & your checked bags will make it as booked!

cheers ;)
FF

weedosphere
18th Mar 2006, 07:22
It depends on what night you are passing through. If it is a Wed or Sat, then you are in trouble but they tend to wait for the pax. Carry-on luggage is always a good idea on any airline.