PDA

View Full Version : Camera to computer problem

Zeppelin
4th Mar 2006, 07:10
Hi all
I have a Sony dsc p92 digital camera, which up until now I have been able to just connect to the computer via usb, and microsoft camera and scanner wizard would automatically start up allowing me to download and then delete the pictures after...perfect :)
Now for some reason nothing happens when I connect ( still get the click on connecting usb... so presume thats ok.
I have recently installed microsoft office 2003, which has its own picture section - could this be the problem?
Also tried going to memory stick that shows up on the E drive and under properties going to autorun, this always shows "Music" and if I change to "Pictures" apply, By the next time I come back its gone to "Music" again.
How can I get it back to the way it was???...Please
Thanks for any help

BOAC
4th Mar 2006, 07:20
Similar (Nikon) problem following WinXP SP2 install and I remember there was a note on their website about the fix.

Final 3 Greens
4th Mar 2006, 09:15
Zeppelin

You could buy a memory stick reader and get the pix that way - the card reader will appear as an extra drive and the pix will just appear as .jpg files

it will also save wear and tear on your camera motor.

frostbite
4th Mar 2006, 11:57
Same problem with XP SP2 and Finepix. Same solution as Mike - not quite so convenient, but just a different way.

Zeppelin
4th Mar 2006, 12:32
Thanks for replies

Can locate pics through "My computer" though this is a far more tedious way of sorting and deleting!

Just so annoying when everything works fine and then because, presumably, you load new software all changes.

As I said before, previously when camera was connected a programe automatically started allowing me to choose which pics to download, to which folder and delete pics after from camera...all so sweet and simple.

Progress I guess.....?!

Conan the Librarian
5th Mar 2006, 00:43
This is a problem caused by memory cards being increasingly used in things other than cameras. I find XP changes its behavoiur depending on mood. At the end of the day, as I have said many times before, format the card for the device you wish to use, for the device you wish to use it, as they are about as "universal" as USB ports. You will get to the goodies through persistence, but it can be a PIA. If the goods are on the card, they can be read, but it might take a bit of a different approach, than that which you expect.

Conan