A couple of issues ref SHARK 02.

Can anyone comment on the below?

1. Safety management culture
2. redundancy (in this case pitch axis)-Aircaft design
3. supervision and independendants
4. Maintenance culture
5. Availability of spares and life of type projects
6. Adherence to Maintenance manual procedures and OEM
7. Post corrective maintenance test flying and QA of critical flight components post test flight
8. SENJO input and maint release

Q1-Was the maintenance carried out on the said aircaft conducted IAW AAP and Maintenance manual procedures. Was it overseen by a supervisor and was it eventually signed up as serv by the independant? What input did the final QA/SENJO have?

Q2-What sort of post maintenance test flying was carried out for a critical flight control component? Was a maintenance pre flight carried out as opposed to a pilot pre flight? was the test flight carried out IAW with the applicable AAP by qualified Maint test pilots. Did inspections occur prior to buttoning up the Aircraft so visible inspections of corrective maintenance areas were valid.

I am not attempting to apportion blame or point fingers or throw stones in glass houses. I am interested to hear the SQN reps and execs side of the story. PM me if appropriate.

I am throwing out some issues that have been buzzing around my head since the accident of Shark 02. ADF Maint affects all ADF pilots.

Maxee.

:suspect:

Captain Sand Dune
4th Mar 2006, 05:23
Whooop...whooop....ooooogaaaaah!

Troll alert!!!

Point0Five
4th Mar 2006, 05:41
You might find this link useful:
http://www.defence.gov.au/sea_king_boi/transcripts.htm

Oh yeah, does SENJO stand for SENior Junior Officer? :E