PDA

View Full Version : Lost pilot

TurboOtter
4th Mar 2006, 02:46
Heres a quick one for a little giggle.
So the rumour (on good authority) goes, a new pilot for Sydney Harbour Seaplanes/ Sydney Seaplanes or Sydney Harbour Air Taxi (S.H.A.T) or whatever they decide to call themselves these days, took off from Rose Bay to take some passengers up to a beach, however got lost in the <20 miles journey, landed near Palm Beach and had to ask some boaties where this particular beach was!!!:eek: :ugh:

I don't think it was the pilot's fault, his Chief Pilot obviously had not conducted his line training to a suitable standard:suspect:

OpsNormal
5th Mar 2006, 01:49
Heres a quick one for a little giggle.
So the rumour (on good authority) goes, a new pilot for Sydney Harbour Seaplanes/ Sydney Seaplanes or Sydney Harbour Air Taxi (S.H.A.T) or whatever they decide to call themselves these days, took off from Rose Bay to take some passengers up to a beach, however got lost in the <20 miles journey, landed near Palm Beach and had to ask some boaties where this particular beach was!!!:eek: :ugh:
I don't think it was the pilot's fault, his Chief Pilot obviously had not conducted his line training to a suitable standard:suspect:

Funny that they wont employ crew who have spent much of their spare time on the water in that area for most of their lives.

What happened to V the Mo?

Wheeler
5th Mar 2006, 02:05
Surprised he had to land to ask directions - the 'company CTAF' around there is often clogged with one or other sharing their most intimate company details with us all...

Unhinged
5th Mar 2006, 03:33
rumour (on good authority) goes, a new pilot for Sydney Harbour Seaplanes/ Sydney Seaplanes or Sydney Harbour Air Taxi <...snip...> got lost in the <20 miles journey, landed near Palm Beach and had to ask some boaties where this particular beach was

Good authority ? How new ? Initials ? (It just sounds rather like someone I once knew, long ago and far away .....)

kimwestt
5th Mar 2006, 05:23
:confused: :{ Be interesting to know where the CP of the org spends most/all of his time - prob at a charter op at bk?? Oh, and first name something to do with a beach!

TurboOtter
7th Mar 2006, 04:07
KW,
From what I understand the CP is there almost all the time. Not sure if he was there on the day. This CP just got this new position. The old chief pilot was a top bloke I guess he had enough of their :mad: .

V the Mo??? Where is he these days????:sad: Last I heard he went south for the winter.

Wheeler, It's been said before , they speak far too much around there, so much so I think they even confuse themselves!:ugh:

TurbanDriver
7th Mar 2006, 08:24
Lost pilot C P.
MMMM I don,t know about it having any thing to do with beach.
I think it may rhyme with the colour of grass. Which coincidentally also describes Sydney Seaplanes staffs level of experience.
All jokes aside. If the CP was performing his role at a professional level this wouldnt have happened.

TurboOtter
18th Mar 2006, 21:05
That's right Turban, If the CP was doing his job it wouldn't of happened!

What still baffles me is how CASA can give him a CP approval, yet other pilots are declined:ugh:

The float industry in Sydney is allways under scrutiny from all directions, he must have known that, yet he is sending pilots out with the minimum of supervision.

RENURPP
19th Mar 2006, 00:24
Is there a guy called Rob Britton still involved with aviation down there??

TurboOtter
19th Mar 2006, 00:26
I belive he is, that is why it is still screwed up down there.
Didn't CASA ban him from float planes?

Pseudonymn
19th Mar 2006, 00:47
I can pick out all the different beaches (including those in Cowan Creek) and identify them when inbound on a 73 to Mascot, so finding them from a smaller aircraft with slower airspeed should be a lot easier. Whoever trained this guy obviously left a fair bit out. :ouch:

RENURPP
19th Mar 2006, 01:21
Don't know, haven't heard of or about him for years. Thank GOD. Nothing would supprise me.

TurbanDriver
27th Mar 2006, 10:28
Rumour has it that the Sydney Harbour Air Taxies is expanding.Who would of thought it, after that court case!
New five star aircraft (C208), one star seaplane facilities and a half star chief pilot .
Check and training should turn out to be real interesting .
Watch this space.

turbantime
27th Mar 2006, 11:02
Hey! You my long lost brother or something? :confused: :ok:

27th Mar 2006, 15:35
I am sure you know that Australia has a shortage of experienced seaplane pilots. Where will you find that number of seaplane pilots experienced on the C208?
its not good to spread rumours when they are untrue.:suspect: