PDA

View Full Version : Eagle conditions

zkcub
3rd Mar 2006, 23:00
A couple of questions for any of you who have/do work for eagle..

1 What is the F/O starting pay and is there any bond?
2 Do you recieve the ANZ staff travel after 6 months like Mt Cook & Air Nelson or as you are a contract F/O to start (according to the website)do you not get it untill you have been with them for a much longer time?

cheers
CUB

Cloud Cutter
4th Mar 2006, 03:14
Starting pay is $36,155 or $38,840 if you have your ATPLs. Depending on the base you can expect tax-free allowances of $8,000-$10,000+.

In the past they have employed pilots as contractors, they are not eligible for staff travel, but when you become a full timer (usually takes less than 2 months) the staff travel is backdated to your initial start date so you are not disadvantaged.

Having said that, all resent hires have been full time so 3 months for limited domestic and 6 months international.

Hope that helps.:ok:

kmagyoyo
5th Mar 2006, 21:51
G'day CUB,

1. Got a mate who works for Eagle and the bond is two years but it doesn't start reducing until after the 1st year of service.
2. Six months until international/domestic for you and the other half. One year for buddies and letting the partner fly international without you (economy only mind)
Good luck.

(Waiting for the inevitable hijack of this thread by the Link bashing crowd) :yuk: :*

Cloud Cutter
5th Mar 2006, 23:32
Sorry if there was any confusion about my post re staff travel. What I meant is that you get domestic travel for you and your nominee after 3 months (I think that's right, it might be 6 months for domestic and international). As kmagyoyo said, you get buddy trips (4 per year) after your first year, and you can also purchase upgrades to business class for you and your nominee after a year.

The bond is $20,000 for 1 year if you start as a contractor (although as I said before, this hasn't been the case for the last few rounds).

If you start full-time the bond is $20,000 reducing 1/12 per month in the second year ie $10,000 after 18 months. This is not the best deal compared to Air Nelson and Mount Cook, but I guess 2 years isn't too much to sign up for in this sort of job. The bond starts from the date you are checked to line (so about 2 months after your start date).

Sqwark2000
5th Mar 2006, 23:54
I think the contract system is gone-burger except for 1 or 2 career part-timers, so all new hires are permanent full time employees from day 1.

As for conditions, all the above is correct, further to those are, annual salary increments for years of service plus any CPI increase (currently 3.3% for next 2 yrs?), $1800 transport allowance p.a. (paid fortnightly, tax free) and also uniform maintanence and footwear allowances p.a. Sorry CC, not sure if you incl. these in your 8-10K figure.

Re: staff travel, the buddie system is only avail if you don't nominate dependant children when you register, so for family people it's the nominee plus either the kids or buddies ( 4 individual mates on 1 trip or same mate on 4 trips per year)

S2K

flaming_moe
7th Mar 2006, 04:31
CUB,
Im sure Eagles staff travel scheme is light years ahead of CFS's ;)

BoundaryLayer
8th Mar 2006, 05:43
Slightly OTT but are Eagle still looking for about 1200 TT and 200+ ME? If so is there much flexibility in their requirements?

flyby_kiwi
8th Mar 2006, 20:52
The flexibilty is there, It seems the more multi the better. 200-300multi would be a starting point if you only had 1000tt.

FullySickBro
8th Mar 2006, 23:57
Is there any recruitment inthe near future and do they hire overseas?? Just curious...

flyby_kiwi
9th Mar 2006, 07:29
yeap.... steadily interviewing every couple of months and seem to be take on a fair few returning expats and aussies.