PDA

View Full Version : Symantec Common Client (NIS 2003)

BLUE SKY THINKER
3rd Mar 2006, 21:28
Several attempts at reinstallation of Norton Internet Security 2003 have thrown up the same problem on running the subsequent updates.
NIS 2003 program update to v6.0.4 will download, but NOT install, due alleged requirement for the latest Common Client Update. However, this has been done, but obviously not recognised. No luck with limited work around suggestions on Google (file renames, etc.). Likewise with individual update download/installation, or Symantec website.

Anyone come across this, or have any suggestions?

Thanks

ZH875
3rd Mar 2006, 21:37
The only thing I can recommend, is to install Norton software programs in the only place they will not cause problems, This is often a small round container called a waste bin.

I have never met a set of computer programs that cause more problems than Norton. In fact Norton may be the only place that makes Micro$oft look good.

Now, if anyone knows how to stop 'CLMLServer.exe' from hogging 98% processor time....

(CLMLServer is part of the Cyberlink video/cd burning suite)Edited for clarity.

hobie
4th Mar 2006, 20:35
For clarity ..... I assume CLMLServer.exe has nothing to do with Norton Anti Virus :confused:

Any NAV/NIS installations I've viewed have minimal effect on CPU but do demand a good amount of memory usage .....

frostbite
4th Mar 2006, 21:31
Can only agree with ZH875 - there's plenty of good, free, a/v and firewall software to be had.

Don't waste effort on something liable to give you grief.