PDA

View Full Version : CPL (H) suggestions

Line_book
3rd Mar 2006, 16:21
I am a current military pilot with about 800 hrs rotary, and considering life on the other side of the wire, and wondering if anyone else is in a similar position or knows of anyone else in a similar position could advise me on the best way of going about getting a CPL (H). I would be keen to hear any recommendations of companies and what experiences others have had on this route - costs, admin, jobs etc. Obviously having less than 2000 hrs, I will not qualify for a bridging course, but does anyone know what allowance I will get, if any. Thanks.

FFP
3rd Mar 2006, 16:33
ELCAS is your friend (if of course you got on it)

Bristol GS for the exams.

Can't help with Heli specific I'm afraid, but the two above should get you going.

cobaltfrog
3rd Mar 2006, 17:44
Can you not hang on until 1500 hours becomes the bridging package. Sorry don't know if you are light/dark blue or green (may have a bearing on how long it takes you to get to 1500 hours!!)

Bristol Groundschool at www.bristol.gs is certainly a good company with good support and a good package and refresher courses. They get back to you fast with any help needed. Alex Whittingham is your man.

Only other advice is don't fly the R22. Not unless you have life insurance and are single with no dependants!! :O :O

Tigs2
3rd Mar 2006, 17:50
Line Book
you are likely to get loads more help by putting this thread on Rotorheads.