PDA

View Full Version : Bjorn Borg - another sporting fu*kwit!

niknak
3rd Mar 2006, 13:00
Bjorn Borg, who, it is estimated, earnt approx $43m during his career, is reduced to selling his replica trophies he has won during his career to pay his way in life.
It is thought that these will realise a total of less than 1m.

If you were the agent of a budding sporting superstar, what advice, apart from keep your tackle in the trousers, avoid gold diggers & don't invest in "the opportunity of a lifetime", would you give to ensure a financially secure future?

Lon More
3rd Mar 2006, 13:04
Down to his last million? 99.9% of the world's population wouldn't mind swapping with him.
Money does not equal intelligence. viz. the Beckhams and Rooneys of the world

bar fly
3rd Mar 2006, 13:08
Buy property. That's what UK footy player Robbie Fowler did and he is now the UK's second richest footballer behind David Beckham. He never set any records in terms of how much he was/is paid but apparently owns countless properties around the north of England. Some of these guys could buy a nice house every couple of weeks and not really notice the money was gone, yet there is bound to be some of them in the future totally skint!

Frallifraxer
3rd Mar 2006, 13:15
Wath can i say Drugs and life in Monaco cost plenty :}

FLCH
3rd Mar 2006, 14:42
Back in the mid eighties, his girlfriend would take all the chewing gum of our Learjet that he would charter....(well I guess it was his machine for the duration.)

G-CPTN
3rd Mar 2006, 16:44
First time I visited Germany (as a schoolboy) I noticed that they sold chewing gum in the gent's toilets. At least the machines said 'gummi' . . .

frostbite
3rd Mar 2006, 17:25
Lasted forever too!

Flavour wasn't up to much though.

BALIX
3rd Mar 2006, 18:06
Wasn't he big in pants for a while?

I guess the bottom dropped out of the market...

Craggenmore
3rd Mar 2006, 19:11
Borg won $3,655,751 on last years Senior Masters Tour, so its not really that bad is it.

Fliegenmong
4th Mar 2006, 03:41
I though he joined an ABBA cover group, sits up the back next to the drums and makes a raquet!!:D :8

acbus1
4th Mar 2006, 05:23
First time I visited Germany (as a schoolboy) I noticed that they sold chewing gum in the gent's toilets. At least the machines said 'gummi' . . .

Flavour wasn't up to much though.
.....but the bubbles you could blow were eeeeeeeenourmous!

RiskyRossco
4th Mar 2006, 06:08
So, niknak, where'd you get in the world tennis ranking? Or, where'd you invest your 43mil?
:hmm: ;)