PDA

View Full Version : CASA making a few $$$

Avgas and Fanta
3rd Mar 2006, 04:34
I notice by the new policy of charging for everything, CASA are charging for approvals to fly over public gatherings. Makes me wonder how much money CASA will make just in the approvals for ANZAC day. Normally most towns have a formation fly over the ANZAC march so when you multiply it out, they stand to make really good $$$$.. Either that or the people that have been donating runningcosts & time will probably say, stuff it, Im not paying CASA also. And pull the pin on the whole thing.

It would probably be to much to ask CASA to not charge in respect of the diggers.

OpsNormal
5th Mar 2006, 01:38
I notice by the new policy of charging for everything, CASA are charging for approvals to fly over public gatherings. Makes me wonder how much money CASA will make just in the approvals for ANZAC day. Normally most towns have a formation fly over the ANZAC march so when you multiply it out, they stand to make really good $$$$.. Either that or the people that have been donating runningcosts & time will probably say, stuff it, Im not paying CASA also. And pull the pin on the whole thing.
It would probably be to much to ask CASA to not charge in respect of the diggers.

You're wasting your breath mate.

You'd be better off putting more effort into ensuring anything you request or pay for from CASA is delivered in a timely manner as set out in the Trade Practices Act. Unfortunately CASA opened this can of worms all by themselves and while they will try and put as much spin as they can on "doing their best with their current resorces", nothing idemnifies them from timely service delivery for a service being charged for at a commercial rate.

In the litegous society we live in they should fully expect it will only be a matter of time before someone claims against the loss of income that CASA are now liable for due lack of service delivery. It is probably the best thing CASA ever did to themselves - set themselves up to now HAVE to put systems in place to ensure performance.

Wheeler
5th Mar 2006, 02:11
Well said Ops! - But I think you might be wasting the bandwidth too - as if they give a f___, charging or not!

FJ44
5th Mar 2006, 02:56
Avgas & Fanta, you are right about people pulling the pin on the whole ANZAC day flyover thing. Its is a shame that they have introduced these fees as I know one town that won't be having a fly over this year that has had one for the past 3 or 4 years.:(

Avgas and Fanta
5th Mar 2006, 09:37
I know of 2 other towns that have lost the anzac formation flyover.

Not real sure I agree with you Ops. Most GA players can't afford to take action against the government. CASA are too busy setting them self up to be the long arm of the law issuing fines etc for important things like not wearing your asic above your belt whilst the boys in the unltralights stroll arond the field without one, rather than actually doing what they should be doing. Listening to the pilots and operators and share the important information around to save lives.

Night Flight
6th Mar 2006, 05:44
The useless *&^%$ at CASA blackmailed me into paying for my medical which was done in DECEMBER 05 before the rates were introduced!!!

They said that because they didn't process it untill January I would have to pay the fee!! What made it worse was that they didn't call me to tell me that was why they weren't posting my medical to me. When I realised that it was almost expired (I accept this was my fault) I deperately tried to get my medical but they said they would not sent it untill I paid $130. Because I need it before in expired I just paid up.

They also said they didn't call me because it would mean they would have to call hundreds of other pilots in thesame position!

That brings my total for a yearly medical to $225! It better come in a GOLD plated frame!

CASA IS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL!!

PISS$# OFF!!

NF

Howard Hughes
6th Mar 2006, 05:51
I have just received my instrument rating renewal today. Now I did this back in the last week of August. It has taken no less than 5 phone calls to finally have someone look at my file, these started back in early December, where I was told to wait a month and then call back, with the last being about a fortnight ago.:hmm:
Now next year for this level of service I get to pay $130?:ugh:

markben
14th Mar 2006, 21:31
I too got stung by our good friends in Canberra!!
As previously posted by others, my medical was renewed and "processed" (changed two dates), the cost of processing was the SAME as the medical!!! Then lone behold, it goes missing in the post. I ring them to confirm the address and they then quickly proceed to tell me that it will be ANOTHER 32 bucks for a REISSUE of a medical I NEVER GOT!!!!
I wonder if the first medical ever left the CASA building, or is just another way for those incompetent F:mad:S to empty our pockets.
ITS GOT TO STOP!
Marker Beacon

Grog Frog
14th Mar 2006, 21:48
Plan A:
Sign a Stat Dec that you never received your Medical, and off to the Ombudsman you go, suggest that he/she gets the appropriate CASA employee to sign a Stat Dec that your Medical was posted.
With the level of trust that most CASA employees have of their own organisation, I would say that it is not likely that they would sign such Stat Dec.
Plan B:
Contact the Federal Police, with the allegation that either someone is tampering with your mail or CASA is using the mail service to commit fraud
:}

Wheeler
14th Mar 2006, 23:24
The price of those RAA medicals (zero, because you don't need one!) looks better by the minute - and no $200 ASIC (that you'll probably never get anyway!) either????

I guess the point we should ALL be pushing is why we need this regulation, on medicals, renewals and all or those delightful but woefully administratively incompetent people to see over us at all. Probably not worth whinging about the money - but on a risk managment basis this is all a joke anyway and totally unnecessary!

We are much more likely to do serious damage with a car than a light plane but no stupid level of medical supervision or rediculous OTT maintenance requirements there. Let's go the British way and have a national PPL so that we are not constrained by the over bureaucratic ICAO and FAA regs -and maybe then control our own destiny a bit more - and perhaps even develop a healthy GA industry that people actually want to participate in..... (The UK NPPL has only a driver's licence medical requirement.)

CASA, thankyou very much for your care and attention - but we just don't need you! Help us change the law so you can get on with what you are supposed to be doing instead of draining the life blood from this industry with your silly medicals and now petty charging! - and just what:* :* :* is the logic for the difference in maintenance requirements between the lower end of GA and RAA?

TLAW
14th Mar 2006, 23:57
The price of those RAA medicals (zero, because you don't need one!) looks better by the minute - and no $200 ASIC (that you'll probably never get anyway!) either????

I guess the point we should ALL be pushing is why we need this regulation, on medicals, renewals and all or those delightful but woefully administratively incompetent people to see over us at all. Probably not worth whinging about the money - but on a risk managment basis this is all a joke anyway and totally unnecessary!

We are much more likely to do serious damage with a car than a light plane but no stupid level of medical supervision or rediculous OTT maintenance requirements there. Let's go the British way and have a national PPL so that we are not constrained by the over bureaucratic ICAO and FAA regs -and maybe then control our own destiny a bit more - and perhaps even develop a healthy GA industry that people actually want to participate in..... (The UK NPPL has only a driver's licence medical requirement.)

CASA, thankyou very much for your care and attention - but we just don't need you! Help us change the law so you can get on with what you are supposed to be doing instead of draining the life blood from this industry with your silly medicals and now petty charging! - and just what:* :* :* is the logic for the difference in maintenance requirements between the lower end of GA and RAA?

*applause!*