PDA

View Full Version : BULLDOG SERIES 120 WEIGHTS

IZ YOU MADONNA?
2nd Mar 2006, 23:22
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone who trained on the bulldog could provide any data on aircraft empty weight for the bulldog 120. The info at the flying school states that the maximum weight for take off/landing is 2150 lbs but I can`t find any other data regarding weight & balance. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

iz you madonna?

Not on Hercs
3rd Mar 2006, 06:41
There is a club at Kemble operating Bulldogs and Pups. I'm sure the owner who has air raced the 'dog will give you the details.
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/skysport

Aeronut
3rd Mar 2006, 07:23
I
can`t find any other data regarding weight & balance. Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
iz you madonna?

So how are you able to decide whether the aircraft is operating at a safe weight & balance point in the envelope? :eek:

IZ YOU MADONNA?
3rd Mar 2006, 09:09
Hi,
I haven`t flown it yet! The club may be starting an aeros course soon, just want to get familiar with the figures.
Regards,
iz you madonna?

Ops and Mops
3rd Mar 2006, 12:43
All the details you require will be in the Aircraft Flight Manual and Weight and Balance schedule for each individual aircraft.

You really should be using this data rather than generic figures. Your flying school will either be able to furnish you with the Flight Manual/W&B Schedule or will have a "trim sheet" with the Auth Sheet/Tech Log for you to work out the W&B.

IZ YOU MADONNA?
3rd Mar 2006, 15:39
Hi,

Cheers for the link. No doubt the club will have the data somewhere, I`ll have to go down there and have a good mooch around for it! Lovely looking machine, looks a lot more fun than the PA-28!

Regards,

iz you madonna?

Mandator
3rd Mar 2006, 18:24
No need to mooch - the Bulldog flight manual has all the info required and all UK-certificated aircraft have a flight manual. On the other hand, the Yank's with N-reg Bulldogs don't bother with such boring trivia because they think they know better than anyone else.