PDA

View Full Version : Life Assurance and Critical Illness

skaterboi
2nd Mar 2006, 21:17
Right then, first off apologies if this has been discussed to death :E before. I've done a search for assurance and insurance and nothing relevant came up.

So, can anyone recommend a life assurance policy with critical illness and mortgage cover that a) doesn't cost the earth and b) covers us whilst flying in sandy places East doing the business we do?

I'm looking at policies from On Risk, Liverpool Victoria and the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS). Are there any others I should look into? I don't have the world's amount of time to ponder every single policy out there so some advice as to the best would be most appreciated! :ok:

airborne_artist
2nd Mar 2006, 21:22
Probably best that you consult an IFA who understands the issues of those in the Services. PM me for a suggestion.

Unmissable
2nd Mar 2006, 21:34
Try Pax plus (details in SHQ) designed for the services with critical illness, cover, etc etc included if you want. They often impose restrictions on new policies if you are just about to deploy on a major war, but tend to continue cover if your already enroled. (ie join in peacetime to get cover for war).

I also know people who with family cover have claimed for critical illness without too much heartache.