PDA

View Full Version : "You're Fired!"

Mightycrewseven
2nd Mar 2006, 17:45
Blimey, it's not often you turn on the telly and see someone you know, especially when it's on such a high profile programme such as BBC's "The
Apprentice."
I turned on last night to see one of the female contestants, Karen Bremner, nearly get "fired" by Sir Alan. Karen is an 'Ex-wife' of one of our fellow prooners, who I used to work with at Kinloss. She was also the singer in the Station band 'av some.' At some point she ditched her job as a solicitor to become an RAF Officer. Now she looks set to do well on "The Apprentice."
Wonder if any other prooners know her! :confused:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/candidates/karen.shtml
M7 Sends;)

lippiatt
2nd Mar 2006, 18:09
Yep - On IOT with Karen (No173).

Thought her time in the airforce was as a trainer though - anyone know when she left? She has not changed at all character wise in the 8 years since.

Toddington Ted
2nd Mar 2006, 18:32
Yes, Karen was an Admin (Trainer) for a while before transferring to the Legal Branch. She used to help us out on the Senior Officers' Media courses at sunny Halton in the days when I was paid to simulate asking senior officers rude questions on-camera (note to self, stop doing it now, you don't do that job and your'e off-camera) and Karen was brilliant at putting the "knife in" as any attractive female journalist would with a macho senior flyboy who tried the "don't worry about this babe you wouldn't understand" approach. I might add that all the really sharp operators never fell for this line even from Karen!

JessTheDog
2nd Mar 2006, 18:45
I turned on last night to see one of the female contestants, Karen Bremner, nearly get "fired" by Sir Alan. Karen is an 'Ex-wife' of one of our fellow prooners, who I used to work with at Kinloss. She was also the singer in the Station band 'av some.' At some point she ditched her job as a solicitor to become an RAF Officer. Now she looks set to do well on "The Apprentice."

I knew Karen - I did her final restrictions parade as SDC on our last night at Cranditz - literally the night before passing out! :} I'll have to watch the programme - she was quite a character and well-respected.

(Edited: it was SDC)

airborne_artist
2nd Mar 2006, 18:55
She's the best of an average bunch in the girls' team, IMHO, and was well up for their plan in last night's programme. Challenge was to produce a calendar to raise money for Gt Ormond St, AS's fav charity.

So the girls produced a calendar featuring cats. WTF was going through their heads?

Guess that wasn't covered in IOT? :E

SirJohnHarveyJonesey
2nd Mar 2006, 20:17
I cannot for the life of me, understand why this woman is a candidate on the programme.

She has a track record which shows fail, fail, fail, fail.

She is divorced, so a failure.

She is an ex-officer, so clearly was not cut out for that career.

She is a lawyer, or at least one who no longer feels able to further her career in that profession, and wants to opt out, so yet another black mark against her.

She is 34 years old. 34 !!! and still not settled down and happily married with 2.4 kids.

She looked 'fierce' and 'hard' so I cannot ever see her being able to command respect in business.

I can easily predict where she will be in 10 years time, and she won't like it at all.

I would not even let her work in the photocopy room at ICI.

Just where do the TV producers get the people for today's programmes?

It was very different in my day!

I despair for the country!

Safety_Helmut
2nd Mar 2006, 20:21
Yes, but would you.... ?

;)

BEagle
2nd Mar 2006, 20:38
After giving the matter some deep and meaningful consideration, I conclude that I think I probably would...:E

JessTheDog
2nd Mar 2006, 21:16
I cannot for the life of me, understand why this woman is a candidate on the programme.

She is a lawyer, or at least one who no longer feels able to further her career in that profession, and wants to opt out, so yet another black mark against her.

She is 34 years old. 34 !!! and still not settled down and happily married with 2.4 kids.

Don't take it so seriously! CALM DOWN DEAR, IT'S ONLY A COMMERCIAL! :}

West Coast
2nd Mar 2006, 21:17
Poor bastards. I didn't know your lot had to put up with all this reality show crap as well.

ranger703
2nd Mar 2006, 21:33

She looked 'fierce' and 'hard' so I cannot ever see her being able to command respect in business.

I can easily predict where she will be in 10 years time, and she won't like it at all.

A bit uncalled for,what's she done to you?Or are you the ex per chance?

SARREMF
2nd Mar 2006, 22:17
SirJohnHarveyJonesey? 1 Post? trying to cause trouble? Is this ............................ Southside by another name?

Like This - Do That
2nd Mar 2006, 22:24
Poor bastards. I didn't know your lot had to put up with all this reality show crap as well.

Actually Westy, my first thought was "they have some dodgy rip-off, rather than the original show with 'The Donald'?" ..... Amidst the appalling dross of 'reality television' I think the first couple of series of "The Apprentice" (the real one, not the Beeb rip-off) were quite enjoyable.

But the rest of the 'reality' genre :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :* :{ :mad:

Mightycrewseven
8th Mar 2006, 21:21
Well, she certainly has been (fired that is!)
Karen, our very own Ex-Admin Trainer only lasted 3 challenges. What I find amusing is that she got fired because she did not speak up for herself!!!! What, Karen not speak up? :hmm:
M7 sends :ok:

hobie
8th Mar 2006, 21:40
Don't know the gal but was looking forward to seeing her interview on Mighty's BBC link above .....

Unfortunately BBC Two video content is only available to users within the UK. We're sorry for any disappointment.

Bugger !!!! ...... :{

threepointonefour
8th Mar 2006, 22:14
I thought it was her when I saw her on week 1 ... am sure she was pregnant when I last saw her? (That last comment is of no real relevance, just an observation ...).

Fg Off Bloggs
9th Mar 2006, 12:31
I was at IOT at the same time as Karen Bremner and I have to say that she ain't changed! Self-centred, self-opinionated with little understanding of what the military meant to her life. We (staff) got the distinct impression that she was there to prove to her ex- that anything he could do she could do too!

Did you notice her body language both in the boardroom last week and this when she began to realise that the knives were out for the leader? When ever Sir A spoke, her head would nod in agreement. Where's her team spirit there? She was exactly the same on IOT "Yer on yer own mate! I'm with the Boss!"

That said, she didn't deserve to be fired last night but I suspect Sir A was not as restricted in his actions as we were on IOT!

Last point, she was a lawyer, became an Admin Trainer and transferred to the Legal Branch whilst in.

No, I wouldn't. I've never sh*gged a cold hard heart, and I don't intend to start now.

Mr C Hinecap
9th Mar 2006, 13:43
Well - nice to see her out of uniform. Memories of her post at QCY of Stn Trg Officer being disestablished, while she was in it - if you can't justify your own job, jump ship to the Legal Branch. Then out. :rolleyes: Mess harpies - we all need them.

gravity victim
9th Mar 2006, 16:40
I thought she was one of the best of a mixed bunch on the show, and fell foul of Sugar's 'anti-lawyer' chippiness. And she speaks warmly of her time in the RAF - this is from her website:

"I was starting to get itchy feet. As a teenager I was really involved in the Air Training Corps and always wondered about the Royal Air Force. I ended up joining in April 1998 - the best move I have ever made! The next 6 years were a whirlwind of amazing experiences in amazing places. I met the best people you could ever hope to meet; I flew in numerous helicopters, twice in the back of Hercules and had the honour of a backseat flight in a Tornado F3 whilst on a 7 month tour in the Falkland Islands.

It was only after meeting one of the men in my life (Darren) and giving birth to the other
(Cameron) that I decided that I had to leave the job I loved.

I found myself in the strange position of being (I thought) highly qualified but unable to get a job
which had the responsibility and professional satisfaction which I had enjoy in the RAF. No-one really seemed to understand what I could bring to the table. So when the opportunity arose to apply to join the company of one of the most successful businessmen in Britain, I jumped at the chance. And the rest, as they say, is history."

ScapegoatisaSolution
9th Mar 2006, 19:00
Living in Scotland with her partner and an 18 month old child, what would she have done if she actually won?

Tourist
9th Mar 2006, 21:48
Does anyone else think this thread is a bit out of order?

I mean that hurling abuse at the "scottish" one is one thing, but discussing an ex-mil girl on open forum seems a little unkind.

Just my opinion.

Zoom
10th Mar 2006, 12:54
See your point, Tourist. From now she must be referred to as Miss X in order to conceal her identity. (She'll understand that, being a legal eagle.)

pma 32dd
10th Mar 2006, 13:28
discussing an ex-mil girl on open forum seems a little unkind.

If you go on a show like this and turn into a 'celebrity', I'm afraid you get everything you deserve.

BossEyed
10th Mar 2006, 13:44
If you go on a show like this and turn into a 'celebrity', I'm afraid you get everything you deserve.

How do you justify that, then?

Low Ball
10th Mar 2006, 14:57
BossEyed,

She has crossed the line from anonymity (the quiet grey people like 98% of the population) to seeking publicity. When you do that you become a target in the public domain.

She was a volunteer and would have been naive not to appreciate that. Didn't someone say that she did time serving/playing as the hard TV interviewer?

Not withstanding that Sir A clearly had it in for her. That barking box of frogs Jo who was the Project Manager should have gone to wall. One can only assume she stays because the whole nation is now gagging to gloat when she finally goes. She definately falls into the category 'men will follow her out of shear curiosity' - nuff said

LB

airborne_artist
10th Mar 2006, 16:36
Boss-eyed - While I'm not sure that "she had it coming to her", when she signed on the dotted line to join the show (and it's entertainment, no more), she must have realised that people would want to say "I knew her when...".

If she'd been a good, nice, unobjectionable person she'd know she had no cause for concern, but she could have stayed out of the limelight if she a) thought there was muck to rake or b) didn't want to be a short term "celeb". Then again if she was all things nice she wouldn't have wanted to take on AS.

I'd draw your attention to one more point - she's got a website - what is she trying to sell? otherwise why have it?

ZH875
10th Mar 2006, 17:06
'Fired' and then went on Radio 2 and whined louder than a pair of Speys shutting down.

If she can't stand the heat....... Shouldn't have become a 'Plastic Celeb'

Zoom
14th Mar 2006, 10:26
While I'm not sure that "she had it coming to her", when she signed on the dotted line to join the show (and it's entertainment, no more), she must have realised that people would want to say "I knew her when...".

That's why you won't see me on TV - too many people are likely to recognise me and say, "He was a tw*t then and is a tw*t now". It's a shame because I could answer all of the questions on 'Millionaire', outsmart Ann Robinson, impress them all in Big Brother, get nothing but 9-letter words in 'Countdown' and make Gordon Ramsay look like a pizza delivery boy. :hmm:

ProfessionalStudent
14th Mar 2006, 10:54
Zoom

Before you opened your hotel, you didn't fly Harriers did you?:E

Not sure if it was the tw*t bit or the bit where you said how brilliant you are at everything that gave it away...:p

Back in the Barrel
14th Mar 2006, 11:58
If it was my decision, I'd be saying 'You're fired' to Sir Alan Sugar. How a supposedly brilliant man can fail to recognise and act on the all too obvious failings of Jo spoke volumes about his own judgement.

As for Karen: out of a seemingly lacklustre bunch of candidates, she was one of the better ones in my opinion. You might not like her, but she did display some good leadership skills and tact. Perhaps this was recognised by the two 'leaders' that nominated her in consecutive weeks - she was seen as too much of a threat. Anyway, I liked her and she was pretty: good enough to get the benefit of the doubt in my book! As for the Mad-eyed Mick Hucknall impersonator, she promises to wind up me (and others, I suspect) for a few more weeks yet through not being told 'you're fired'. All ratings inspired, I dount doubt - but the effect on Sir Alan's cred is a side effect he probably wouldn't want.

I'm off to sell my shares in anything that Sir Alan may have influence in. I don't want my cash to be affected by someone whose judgement seems to have run away to Rio with David Blunkett's!

old'n'bald
16th Mar 2006, 09:52
Mighty Crew Seven, please get your musical triv right! The Lady in question sang with Kinloss' premier band, which was, of course, "Custom Shed" , not the johnny come lately "'av sum"!

Maybe if She had sung "I just want to.." to Sugar she would have gone further.

SirJohnHarveyJonesey
16th Mar 2006, 19:33
As I alluded to in my previous posting, SHE was just not cut out for top management. HER track record said everything, it was FAIL or / and UNDER-ACHIEVEMENT.

Al Sugar was absolutely correct to fire her!

I have just returned from a ''top event'' in Dubai. All the British delegates agreed 100%... Would'nt have her within a 100 miles of their companies.
They cannot all be wrong.

She is aiming too high... She ought to look for a job as a Tesco check-out girl.

As Dirty Harry sort of said, '' You gotta know your limitations''

bird99
16th Mar 2006, 22:16
Back in the Barrel
Perfectly put - agree with everything you wrote.

Safeware
16th Mar 2006, 22:20
Changing the focus slightly,

This weeks 'loser' was everything that gives 'management consultants' their cr@p reputation.

Can't see her being taken on anywhere soon.

sw

NEVER-YOU-MIND
22nd Mar 2006, 14:53

Well, what a lovely surprise it was to be told be an ex-colleague and friend that there was a thread on this website about my appearance on The Apprentice! It is, as I now see, slightly less than complimentary.

In response to the above posting - I do not consider myself a failure. Yes, I am divorced - along with half of the RAF and a third of the adult population.

I would have dearly loved to stay in the RAF, a career I was passionate about and which I loved, but left because I decided that I couldn't be dedicated to my job, which would take me all over the world, and be the best mother I could be to my young son. I took the very difficult decision to leave my job and focus on my son and finding a career which would fit in with him.

I have not left my career - as an RAF lawyer you are not instantly employable in civvie-street so I was looking for something which would be challenging and exciting and The Apprentice came along. I was one of 10,000 applicants and was selected to be on the show. You can take from that what you will but I was not one of the 'characters' and believe I was selected for my business ability and leadership - both of which were developed whilst in the RAF.

Since when was being married with 2.4 kids a sign of business success?

Yes, I am hard. I have had to be being a woman trying to survive in a man's world. Yes, I am fierce. Whether that would command any respect in business is your opinion but I have had numerous job offers since I was "fired" from companies as diverse as Nissan UK and BBC Scotland.

At the very least, I had the bollocks to give this thing a go. It was always the case that I was taking a huge risk that I would fall flat on my face and look like an idiot. This is the only forum/website where there has been such severe criticism. I would have thought that there would be some pride in the fact that an ex-RAF officer had made the grade in the first place - clearly not.

Like me or not - your choice. It is very easy to criticise from your sofa but much more difficult to take these kinds of chances.

teeteringhead
22nd Mar 2006, 15:08
Top response ma'am ... there should now be a rush on these :O :O :O (for embarrassment)

Widger
22nd Mar 2006, 15:20
No criticism from me, I was gobsmacked you were fired. Anyway, Mrs Widger did say to me "I bet you fancy her!" I didn't deny it. Goooooooodmooorning, marks out of five....fwooooour...out of two....i'd...............!

The Gorilla
22nd Mar 2006, 15:29
Actually there are a lot of regulars on this particular forum who haven't contributed to this thread and I have never heard of half of those who have!

I am quite proud of the fact that you tried, yes I watched the program and I believe that you were doomed from the start. He mentioned on a number of occasions that he didn't want "another" corporate lawyer because the blue rinse he has is the best in the business. Well from that angle alone you were never going to win, but at least you tried.

Please do not take the rubbish that appears on here to heart, most of it is spouted by 13-year-old wannabes who have no military experience what so ever.

You have more b*lls than a lot of the men on this site including me! I wish you all the best for your future.

Regards
TG

Tourist
22nd Mar 2006, 15:30
Good for you!

airborne_artist
22nd Mar 2006, 15:54
Q for you Karen - is Syed as much of a t:mad: sser as I and many I know think he is? Loved his near abject failure in last week's episode when he made much of his pro catering experience and then proceeded to waste about 50% of the budget on enough chicken and mozzarella to feed London for a fortnight!

PPRuNeUser0211
22nd Mar 2006, 16:06
Karen,

Good on ya girl, have been in a broadly similar situation myself and I'm glad you got as far as you did. Anyone that's slagging you off, ok you're entitled to your own opinions, but there's no need for abuse!

NEVER-YOU-MIND
22nd Mar 2006, 16:12
Q for you Karen - is Syed as much of a t:mad: sser as I and many I know think he is? Loved his near abject failure in last week's episode when he made much of his pro catering experience and then proceeded to waste about 50% of the budget on enough chicken and mozzarella to feed London for a fortnight!

After getting all twitchy about being slagging off I can't really launch into Syed.

He is what he is - a very confident young man who really believes in himself no matter what he has done wrong, He was also in the RAF for a short time - but doesn't seem to mention that anywhere!

FJJP
22nd Mar 2006, 16:35
He'd maybe get closer to success if his ego didn't occupy 99.999% of his total brain cell count!

Good for you for giving it a go. Pity you were let down by morons, who don't seem to realise the meaning of the word teamwork...

pr00ne
22nd Mar 2006, 16:57
Never-you-mind,

As an ex-RAF officer who is now a barrister you represent my past and my present in terms of career so it was with some dissapointment that I saw you leave so early.

You may well consider that you fell flat on your face but from where I was sat you did not at any point look like an idiot, far from it!

Well done for getting through the selection process, in itself no mean achievment and it does not appear that you were chosen as an 'act' or as a 'character' merit appears to be what got you so far.

Good luck in what ever direction your future takes you, and ignore the envious doiks on this thread.

Pr00ne

mlc
22nd Mar 2006, 17:16
Hi. Been visiting the site for a while now and this post made me finally sign up. (Ex FAA ATCO). I'd just like to say that I thought you 'were robbed'. My wife told me off because I was shouting at the screen in frustration.

That mad curly blond woman, lies through her teeth, clearly one sandwhich short of a picnic and she's still there. I watch the programme now with the hope that I'll eventually see her face as she gets the boot!

Lara crofts pants
22nd Mar 2006, 17:30
Good for you,

I thought that you were easily the most switched on candidate and was flabbergasted when you got the boot.

Come on, spill the beans - that silly curly haired crying thing must have driven you all mad!!

LCP

Back in the Barrel
22nd Mar 2006, 17:33
Presumably, owing to the catering acumen he displayed in last week's episode, Syed was a chef in the RAF - a course so difficult, no-one has ever passed it...ho ho ho. That would account for his 1 chicken = 1 pizza calculation. Then again, such MDR skills indicate he could have been a nav!

One of the principal failings of the programme is that no team spirit is ever properly engendered. Too many of the contestants spend their time out-manoeuvring each other and stabbing each other in the back. Last week's episode was a classic. Both teams were hopelessly led, but equally awful was the round robin of followers that 'refused to soldier'. (Syed again Exhibit A for the jury). The rules are pretty simple - destroy your competitors at all cost. That is why, in my opinion, the teams always seem to underperform badly and why Karen was nominated 2 weeks in succession - her 'leaders' simply recognised her as the foremost threat to their own chances and threw her into the boardroom as a flare to seduce attention away from their own failings. That Sugar was already ill-disposed to her because of his Tourette's-like reaction to corporate lawyers added to her credibility in my mind. Of the candidates that have thus far come to the fore, Karen was in my view head and shoulders above the rest, albeit the Peter Kay impersonator seems a good chap - at least he has a sense of humour.

Well done for fronting up on the forum, Never You Mind - you deserved to go further. I await Sugar's stock to fall further this evening.

Flatus Veteranus
22nd Mar 2006, 17:54
Karen

Without knowing anything of your background, my wife and I were both astonished that you got scrubbed last week instead of the ridiculous "Jo". We concluded that you were stitched up by some form of collusion between the producers and Sir Alan. Perhaps it was deemed neceassary for her to continue in the programme to keep up viewing figures amongst the great unwashed. We cannot understand how many of the candidates got near the short list; perhaps a PC-driven necessity to maintain a certain ethnic balance had something to do with it. Anyway, if that is a fair cross-section of aspirants for management positions in British industry, God help us all! Sir Alan makes (or used to make) honest, robust kit which he sold at attractive prices. I had one of his amplfiers in the '50s and his PC in the 80s and 90s. Neither let me down. But he seems to have gone potty and his shares (if any) are a strong "sell" in my opinion.

Widger
22nd Mar 2006, 18:07
Just to get things back on thread here,

http://www.fourfiveone.com/karenbremner/Karen1.jpg

Yes I would!!!! Must be some sort of S and M thing. Big shoulder pads and power suits, combined with those high heels.......just off for a cold shower.:O:O:oh::oh::oh::oh::E:E:E:E:E:E:uhoh:

http://www.karenbremner.com/

Tombstone
22nd Mar 2006, 18:16
She was my favourite the moment I saw her on episode 1!!!:)

Unlucky Karen, in my opinion, you were the most level headed person in the contest.

Don't worry about not being able to character assasinate Syed...

We all know he is a t*sser!!

Good luck with the future.

Widger
22nd Mar 2006, 18:28
Tombstone, it is not just Sayed.

I must admit that I am amazed that Sir Alan's and Amstrad have lasted so long (got to be careful what I say). The products he has sold in the past have hardly been cutting edge (I used to have an Amstrad computer) and those phones!!! I suppose the fact that he is still successful shows what a shrude businessman (and a survivor) he is but, then again so are some of the dodgy nightclub owners down town. I personally find him a bit distasteful and a big too flash and that is coming from another "barrow boy".

Safeware
22nd Mar 2006, 18:42
I think in some ways you should be grateful Karen, you have had some exposure, but haven't had to waste too much time as part of the entertainment. I think that there is a relatively quick decision about who is going to win, who is going to provide confrontational entertainment and who is just along for the ride. Having decided that you weren't the favoured one, nor were you going to provide the right form of entertainment, why should you waste any more time?

sw

NEVER-YOU-MIND
22nd Mar 2006, 19:00
I wasn't going to post again - just say my bit and go! But....in hindsight, I was really glad to go when I did. The whole thing was starting to get really nasty and I agree with the comments about the lack of teamwork. It really was every man and woman for themselves and damn the consequences for other people. There was some blatent lying and stabbing in the back. Not really my scene.

I have had some amazing opportunities come my way as a result of the programme and I did love every minute of the short time I was in.

Jo is/was a raving lunatic but she also has a heart of gold and is a decent human-being. She just couldn't handle the situations she was thrown into. She is very switched on and if you can drown out the crying and manic stuff she says some pretty sensible things. She was against the cat calendar from the start.

I do think that Sir Alan makes his mind up really early about who is going (graduates, posh totty (male and female) and anyone who has anything approaching a 'posh' accent). Don't regret it for a moment; and still don't consider that I failed - (that's for you SirJohnHarveyJonesey)

Tombstone
22nd Mar 2006, 21:17
Just out of interest Karen,

is the previous 'Apprentice' still working for Sir Alan Sugar?

Widger,

I concur!!

Judge Rembrandt
22nd Mar 2006, 22:19
Mighty Crew Seven -
Point of order. Karen, a tremendous vocalist, sang with the Station's premier Band 'Custom Shed'. Let me see, there was Slow Hand Fennel, Jimmy 'Fit Like' Mac, Jim (the man in black) on bass, Doc Dudley Graham and John 'too short' Paterson on drums. Never to be confused with those southern, shandy-drinking upstarts 'Av Some!! :}
Karen, didn't see the programme but you have a fair cross section of views aired here. Brave of SJHJ to vent his ill conceived, misplaced and somewhat jaundiced view without ever having met you, eh? No gentleman! :ouch:
Good Luck for the future Karen,
JR

PPRuNe Pop
23rd Mar 2006, 07:46
Good for you Karen that you posted. I think you made a few wish they hadn't said a 'couple' of things (anyone want me to delete anything? :E )

I agree 100% that most of the candidates are non team. Just individuals who would run over anyone in their way. I also think you might have spoiled a few perceptions of Jo. You have for me.

Glad to hear that you have got some benefit from the prog. Nice one.

PPP

mlc
23rd Mar 2006, 09:10
I think Jo was the model for the nodding dogs in the back of cars. Does she ever stop!

Vage Rot
23rd Mar 2006, 21:54
Yes, but would you.... ?
;)

Yes - M'Lady!!!

Vage Rot
23rd Mar 2006, 21:59
That's why you won't see me on TV - too many people are likely to recognise me and say, "He was a tw*t then and is a tw*t now". It's a shame because I could answer all of the questions on 'Millionaire', outsmart Ann Robinson, impress them all in Big Brother, get nothing but 9-letter words in 'Countdown' and make Gordon Ramsay look like a pizza delivery boy. :hmm:

Hello Fraser!

SirJohnHarveyJonesey
23rd Mar 2006, 22:37
The poor woman is in denial!
To divorce is to fail.
To not complete a career is to fail... 5 minutes in the RAF is hardly a career.
Etc, etc.

As a number of former feminist agitators have said recently, ''We were wrong to think we could have it all.'' They finally saw the error of their ways, how they failed to stay at home and look after the kids, cook hubby's dinner and breakfast, and fix his laundry, and the kids nappies too, etc. So, so, wrong. And their lives ended up a complete mess..

They conclused that a woman's place was in the home. Absolutely right. That's why they are on this earth for.

And finally, 'she' (Karen) omitted to say where she will be in 10 years time. I suspect she is afraid to say.

Cattivo
24th Mar 2006, 05:04
So, what have you done then sunshine? You must have achieved quite a lot to sit there and criticise someone who's had the guts to put themselves in the firing line.

Tourist
24th Mar 2006, 06:33
I admire your work Sir John!

http://bestsmileys.com/fishing/1.gif

BEagle
24th Mar 2006, 06:58
Prompted by this thread, I watched 'The Apprentice' this week. I hadn't caught the earlier shows in the current series.

Heavens. What a ghastly collection of arrogant individuals who have no idea of leadership or working together in a team. Utterly focused on their own greedy aspirations, team maintenance was clearly an unknown concept to the so-called team leaders.

That appallingly common and aggressive power-frau would do well to heed the wise words of Mr Cholmondley-Warner:

"Women: know your limits. In thought, be plain and simple - and
let your natural sweetness shine through."

Serious? Moi??

oggers
29th Mar 2006, 14:52
Can't wait for tonites episode.

NEVER YOU MIND I've watched them all and for what it's worth I thought you did really well (for a crab, obviously). I'd like to offer you a job as SJHJ's typist :eek: Ansell's been solid, I'd now like to see how he gets on as PM.

Hmm, perhaps I need to get out more...

Widger
29th Mar 2006, 14:54
I'd like to offer you a job as my Mistress!!................It's been a slow wednesday.

Lionel Lion
29th Mar 2006, 15:31
The Mistress....great idea for a TV prog. Lots of top totty have to seduce me and compete to do the naughtiest things to me, all without my mrs knowing......sorry, slow day here too, mind working overdrive on the wrong/right things

Looking forward to tonights episode.