PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody read..

ex_matelot
2nd Mar 2006, 17:25
Jeremy Clarkson's book which I think is entitled 'life according to Clarkson'?

May go out to buy it..

4Foxtrot
2nd Mar 2006, 17:30
Apparently it's a collection of his most PC articles from one of the papers for which he is a columnist. A light hearted soiree through middle-class redneck-ville. Probably worth a read.

airship
2nd Mar 2006, 17:51
"The World According To Clarkson" ISBN 0-141-01789-9

I was very disappointed by this book. The humour was grating and often tiresome. Jeremy Clarskon ain't no Whicker.

Maybe you could get hold of a copy at a 2nd hand book store? That's where I got mine. That way it won't hurt too much...

Onan the Clumsy
2nd Mar 2006, 18:01
Maybe you could get hold of a copy at a 2nd hand book store?I doubt it. I've tried for ages to find the book "Building Big Ben" there...

Yes I know it's really the bell, but it was the best I could do

lexxity
2nd Mar 2006, 18:09
I thought it was hilarious, you can pick it up in a supermarket for a knockdown price.

Monkey Boy
2nd Mar 2006, 18:10
Some of it's very predictable, but overall I enjoyed reading it. Its not gonna break the bank to buy, so worth a punt.

frostbite
2nd Mar 2006, 18:11
Sure I've seen comment about it being 'remaindered' (what a curious phrase) in sundry stores.

How about eBay?

G-CPTN
2nd Mar 2006, 18:16
Depends how well you like Clarkson. I received the book for Christmas, but have struggled to continue with it. If Jeremy is your god, then buy it. If you think he's a pretentious prat (though occasionally amusing) then save your dosh. As said, it's a series of weekly newspaper column articles (often forced to fill the space). Not even relieved by the Hamster or James.
Would imagine you could get a secondhand copy from Am*z*n.
(The World According to Clarkson ~ Jeremy Clarkson -- Our Price: £3.99 Used & New from £1.49)

It's not exactly deep and meaningful literature (and that's from someone who usually reads magazines).

BenThere
2nd Mar 2006, 18:44
I've tried for ages to find the book "Building Big Ben" there...

Onan,

You should have just asked. I'd tell you all my secrets.

Cheers,

acbus1
2nd Mar 2006, 18:50
Nooooo. Not read it.

Loose rivets
2nd Mar 2006, 21:53
'picked it up from the shelf at LGW, had me chuckling in a few moments. I thought, "okay, I've had a larf for nowt...quit while yer ahead." And put it back on the shelf. Amazing how little one can live for when yer skint.:}

MMEMatty
3rd Mar 2006, 00:18
Yeh, got it for Christmas. Not great, after the first few chapters (articles?) you can guess what the reast of them will be like from their titles.

"blah blah blah britain used to be great, blah blah, controversial comment, witty remark"

Matt