PDA

View Full Version : News Media Helicopters?

tony draper
2nd Mar 2006, 12:56
Apart from the fact that it adds sweet buger all to a news report why do the news media,have to hover over crime scenes in feckin helicopters,the silly twats are following the police convoy transporting those people remanded over that bank robbery to nick, in the name of all thats holy,why??,what purpose does it serve?and I though Helicopters had to supply things like flight plans,are the media allowed to do anything and go anywhere now?
:confused:

ex_matelot
2nd Mar 2006, 12:58
Bloody hell Tony!!!!

Calm oneself down and switch to UKTV History...tis safer there;)

Onan the Clumsy
2nd Mar 2006, 12:58
I think the answer to your question is in the first two words of the title of the thread, as well as the second word of the second line.

noisy
2nd Mar 2006, 13:32
Mr D,

News wokkas help keep hungry impoverished young pilots in a job. As well as the starving Penniless young engineers wot set the cameras up.

Oh, and the bloodthirsty, cutthroat young camera operators and dodgy treacherous editors.

So it's not all bad.

airborne_artist
2nd Mar 2006, 15:00
And what about all the pointless graphics that whizz and wang all over the screen just because the kiddies have new toys and they want to play with them?

I'm going to suggest to Stelios that he starts EasyNews - no newsreaders on 200k, no silly graphics, just info and no stupid polls etc.

ex_matelot
2nd Mar 2006, 15:02
Yeah and news readers in bright orange shirts!!

News reports that come on unannounced and can be cancelled and re-scheduled at will and YOU as a customer get the privelige of not being informed til 10 minutes after the event!

goshdarnit
2nd Mar 2006, 16:13
Bring back "Naked News", that what I say....now there was quality programming

Mudfoot
2nd Mar 2006, 16:48
Have the Miss Universe pageant outdoors - watch 'em swarm like flies!

Cheers, y'all.

Whirlygig
2nd Mar 2006, 20:40
starving Penniless young engineers wot set the cameras up.
That'll be my husband then ;) :p
keep hungry impoverished young pilots in a job

That'll be me then! :ok: Well, soon!

Cheers

Whirls

tony draper
2nd Mar 2006, 20:51
I remember watching on of those American police chase programs,they were covering a armed raid that went wrong the villains were firing on the police with automatic weapons,the news choppers were thicker in the air than fleas on a hound dog as they say in Sunderland, seems to me they are interfering with the forces of law and order,the police chopper couldn't get near the scene for the twats.
Also following a vehicle containing prisoners along the road and giving a running comentary on the progress,giving road number "Oh look they are just passing junction ** on the A ***" must have some security implications?
Said it many times in the past, its time the news media principaly the television news media was slapped down and slapped down hard.
:cool: