PDA

View Full Version : CASA and Class 1 medicals

multi_engined
2nd Mar 2006, 06:39
Hi,
Recently I renewed my class one medical. After this the GP told me to go to CASA and pay $130 for the issuing of the medical from Canberra. Now I didn't have this money on the day so I decided I would pay it in a few days time, however when I was speaking to a few of my studybuddies they had told me they had received their class 1 medical certificates from CASA in LESS than one week without paying the $130! :eek: I had a brief visit the with med GP and asked him what was going on. He wasn't entirely sure what had happened but said if CASA find out what had happened in the records that their medical certificates would be suspended...

Yesterday I received my class one medical in the mail, and I haven't paid for it!? Does anyone know whats going on with those class A idiots down in Canberra? It takes them two weeks to issue me with a medical certificate without paying for it and they take over five months to issue to photo pilot's licence

Bendo
2nd Mar 2006, 12:53
The CASA medical people are very, very good at their job and are used to dealing with a steady stream of medicals year in, year out. The charging of fees isn't their doing, either :ouch: :mad:

The Student Licence / ASIC debarcle is another story.

CASA will send you and your mates an invoice, I am sure, and you can let it wait until the commercial agent (read: debt collector) comes knocking if you like. CASA can't cancel the medical certificate of a fit and suitable person.

However, if you do not pay your $130 I suspect the more nefarious breed of commercial agent could render you unfit to hold a medical...:ooh: