PDA

View Full Version : MK Airlines

dxbpilot
2nd Mar 2006, 04:11
Does anyone have information on MK airlines , eg past employment, I need some heavy jet time and want to get ahead of the pack. I have heard alot of things such as up to 200hrs a month(illegal yes i know) but does anyone know anything about employment opportunities or is it just who you know ! the web page doesn't give much info just 500hrs multi crew time requ. Am i better off heading to the congo and flying some old russian freight birds? Any info would be great cheers.

manamana
2nd Mar 2006, 10:59
MK Airlines has changed a lot over the last year or so with their JAA audit going on, so all is now legal and regularised. You would prob be looking at around 70 hours per month, 3 weeks away and between 10 days and 2 weeks at home. No more Diesel 8's, only the 747's flying now, so all in all not a bad job these days. Pay is even decent too. But you need the JAR licence. If you can, stay out of the congo. You will die in a nasty old plane, and then you're watch etc will be nicked!:ouch:

putco
2nd Mar 2006, 13:53
Lek, you there? Has it changed that much?

Cpt. Underpants
2nd Mar 2006, 15:03
...and Mike K almost exclusively hires Zimbo's - if you're not a Zimbo, fagetaboutit.

four engine jock
2nd Mar 2006, 16:48
Hi all. have heard alot of good things about MK Airlines.
does any one know if they hire guys with FAA lic. and living in south africa.
thanks

bushbolox
3rd Mar 2006, 16:40
and girlfriends of Zimmies, and white boys from kenya, and anyone that fits in with their company culture, now tamed by JAR, thankfully.Would things have changed if the last tragic cock up in Halifax had happened in Africa.?.I doubt it.

maverick1980
4th Mar 2006, 22:12
whats the salary structure like at MK Airlines for 747 FE's and what are their crew bases.

manamana
5th Mar 2006, 12:00
They won't take you on with FAA licence. You need the JAR now, but they need guys, so no longer just hiring zimbos and South African's. Crew can live pretty much anywhere in Africa or Europe, but are prefered to live in Zim or S.A. Dunno about FE salaries maverick.

dxbpilot
6th Mar 2006, 05:01
thanks for all the advice guys , keep it coming !! its fair enough that they were only employing zimbos for a while , with all they been throught etc.. but i have heard it has changed somewhat recently which hopefully will be good news..

avslag
6th Mar 2006, 06:19
Well dxbpilot good luck with MK you dont perhaps have a link to the chief pilot I have heard that in the past some people got into MK just becuase they knew the guy there was even a rumour that one of his sons got into the airline with little experience so try those avenues!!

Anyway I wish you the best of luck mate!!

avslag

european champion
7th Mar 2006, 08:19
Where is the chief pilot from?How can we approach him,anyone has his contact?

Coleman Myers
10th Mar 2006, 08:13
Bushbolox "white boys from Kenya" ...???. I have met "black" Nigerian crew who work for MKA (for many years), several Argentinians,Americans and no small amount of South Africans

Manamana "legal and regularised" ...??. What was illegal previously ?. By the way saw MK DC8 flying on contract just yesterday .. .

These guys, next to DAS Air, brought African cargo ops back from the brink through clever management and a solid business plan. As SAA Cargo was winding up in the late 1990's MK took a risk and purchased their last remaining B747 Combi to backup their first B747 - the chief pilot hires on merit and by the way there are very few Zim pilots left to hire

Euro Champ - log on to their website: www.mkairlines.com and register your details - apparently they don't accept hard copy cv's but prefer electronic registration and then updates. I believe the selection committee also trains the crew so always on the move