PDA

View Full Version : EMIRATES HIRING DEC FROM QATAR&

wilco77
2nd Mar 2006, 02:39
Hi Just heard the latest Emirates is hiring 20-25 DEC from Qatar and Eithad! Could please Someone find out more about this.....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

dooner
2nd Mar 2006, 05:19
also interviewing from a smaller company back home and we know they have only had aircraft that meet the 55T requirement for less than 2 years. That is a lot of illegal flying to get 3000 hours on these aircraft in 2 years, considering the Gubbies only allow 1000 hours per year!

Since the largest many, not all, had previously flown was a 146 or a 732, it would seem unlikely they would have the required 3000+ on 55T or more, granted they all would have the numbers 10K+ total with at least 3K command, however so do many of our FO's.

I guess in desperate times the hiring board only look at total hours, pity really as I know many of our FO's, exceed the experience levels of these guys.

Now if someone from back home can please prove me wrong then I will withdraw the post

Dooner:ok:

Payscale
2nd Mar 2006, 12:35
Depends...where is back home? :ouch:

chinawladi
2nd Mar 2006, 13:51
If this is true, PLEASE publish the next recent and beatiful picture of Al Baker!

BYMONEK
2nd Mar 2006, 18:41
Dooner

As far as i'm aware, for upgrading and interview purposes, all B737 are considered to be above the 55t threshold. And quite rightly so. Probably one of the best aircraft to cut your teeth on, especially the -200!

dooner
4th Mar 2006, 04:04
BYMONEK

I couldn't agree more about the 732,many friends back home with lots of 732 time which EK has set a precedance in the past by discounting it towards the 55T mark. Doesn't make sense but those are the guidelines they assess experience by, if they have changed their tune in the Ivory Towers regarding what types qualify under the 55T nonsense then hey, I stand corrected.

If not then the guys waiting to upgrade have a very "genuine beef" to raise with management.

Food for thought

Dooner:ok:

ironbutt57
4th Mar 2006, 07:41
Ahhhhh...the "poaching" begins....:}

fractional
4th Mar 2006, 09:38
:eek:Among the different Middle East (mainly Gulf) "flag carriers", and considering a vast number of items (T&Cs, staff travel, amenities, housing, its location, life in the pit, plus, plus, etc.), EK still tops despite degrading standards as the different posts say. The others may be trying "the catch-up game", but they are still a way off.
There is definitely a general management crisis solely conducted in very debatable economic decisions. There is no perfect world, but going this way may eventually bring tragic results; hopefully NEVER, but there are some hard heads around that can only "learn" it the hard way too.:\

bushbolox
4th Mar 2006, 10:38
Seamen ,
You are indeed an arrogant prick. It is attitudes like that causes no sympathy for the plight of the EK f/os. The assumption that because you passed some two bit selection makes you a superior professional is nonsense. EK people themselves admit its as much as if your face fits as anyhting else. Oh and a wake up call matey, it isnt that hard doing third to first to third world longhaul. It isnt a skill exclusive to ek pilots What you do is easily picked up by average joe. You and your ilk are indicative of a superiority complex as a result of confusing the expat pedestal you live on with your professional status.Its a common symptom of people living half way up a hierarchical society. You start to believe the housegirl and and your own hype.The " ek is the best "flat earth society. I could give you a list of pilots in ek from my past who have passed your selection but have yet to pass a real set of licensing proceeedures in the real world. Read into that what you will.
I passed ek selection 2.5 years ago. Ive been invited to apply as a captain this time , still not going. Mostly because of people like you. If you made a career cock up get over it. If your flying is as good as your career choices , its you that is the bottom of the barrel. The selection was and always was a walk in the park,for a white UK atpl holder, their rules not mine, so crawl out from inside your own arse and you might get a bit of sympathy for the @ss pounding your management are giving you.

145qrh
4th Mar 2006, 12:34
Did you fly the 732 BYMONEK,, because I dont think working on it as a hostie counts,,,,,,,even in Emirates

rwethereyet
4th Mar 2006, 13:07
Hey bb,

"white UK atpl holder"!?!?!? As opposed to what!?!? If XL is your barrel,then that would be the bottom of the aviation barrel;) ........

EGGW
4th Mar 2006, 13:28
Did you fly the 732 BYMONEK,, because I dont think working on it as a hostie counts,,,,,,,even in Emirates

I spewed my coffee over my 'puter thanks to 145 QRH

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/lachen/laughing-smiley-017.gif

EGGW

bushbolox
4th Mar 2006, 13:59
Seamen,
Ah the old "you didnt get asked " retort. Yawn. Kind of enforces the flat earth thing.
If both you and your wife read pprune then i suggest that its probably you (both)that should get a life . Particularly considering the effort you put into your reply. To answer one point I'm not referring to the t.r.e.s etc that you mention, rather a bunch of europeans, who,if audited would demonstrate a very peculiar licence provenance.;)

Rwethereyet ,
If you are referring to the post on XL and AAi .I dont work for XL anymore, but just like to apportion blame in the right place. The quote from my post here you have mentioned is alluding to the fact that those attributes were more important than the selection itself.