PDA

View Full Version : How much do you remember?

powdermonkey
1st Mar 2006, 18:11
Hi, to follow on from a previous thread, just wanted to know, how much and for how long have those of you who have completed the atpls, do you remember in detail the material?
I for one am familiar with the subjects already sat a few months ago, and by that I mean I am aware that I studied it, but the truth is I would not pass any of those exams without doing some serious revision.....and I am a little concerned by this. I have therefore forgotten already all the finer details and then some. I did my best but the end result seems to be fading very very fast. Anyone any comments?

A320rider
1st Mar 2006, 21:02
same for me,...but I have over 2000h flight time, and the atp theorique has never helped me.

if you are lucky to join a real airline, you will learn new things and what you have lerned, can maybe help you even if forgotten!.

remember the driving license, you are a better driver than when you were 18 and most people who have a driver license have forgotten the road code anyway...

Send Clowns
1st Mar 2006, 21:46
How do you know all this, A320, having never joined an airline?

combineharvester
1st Mar 2006, 21:53
Getting back on thread...

Whilst sorting out a mess of books and general crap I flicked through my Mass & Balance/Perf textbook and thought to myself I'm not sure if I could now answer a question on "complying with the regulations" take off distance now without a serious headache, seeing as since I last looked at it I had filled my head with a different six subjects. It then dawned on me I had finished university 4 months before that, I can't remember where I lived, let alone anything about computational fluid dynamics.

I see knowledge/studying a bit like drinking. If you are in regular practice you can absorb a lot, if not, trying a little bit will give you a headache.

Thats my dim view!

powdermonkey
1st Mar 2006, 21:59
I guess if you don't keep reading up on it it won't stay fresh, but with 3 left to do, I must concentrate on those. After I finish though, I can't imagine reading back on Gyro's for FUN! I will just want to finish my flying training ASAP and get prepared for Sim Checks and interviews!!!:ok:

OldNo.7
2nd Mar 2006, 00:53
Like anything ignore it long enough and you'll soon forget about it. (barring the missus who of course would never let you "forget")

The argument of what you actually require from the ATPL subjects to professionaly and safely opperate is a whole other ball game. In my opinion for what its worth a general understanding coupled with the knowledge that only experience and time gives you is what you need worry about most.