PDA

View Full Version : Transmile B727 off runway in Kuching

The Big G
1st Mar 2006, 08:10
February 27, 2006 11:17 AM E-mail this news to a friend Printable version of this news

Cargo Plane Skids At Kuching Airport Upon Landing

OFF TRACK… A cargo plane skidded upon landing during rain at the tail end of the runway at the Kuching International Airport. Pix: Hairul Nizam

KUCHING, Feb 27 (Bernama) -- A cargo plane skidded upon landing during rain at the tail end of the runway at the Kuching International Airport here Monday morning.

Deputy Chief Minister Tan Sri Alfred Jabu said the runway was closed at 6.05am just after the incident but was reopened at 11.30am.

The closure caused about 1,000 passengers to be stranded at the airport.

Jabu, who is also state Infrastructure Development and Communication Minister, told reporters that 18 domestic and international departures and 15 arrivals were delayed while two incoming and two outgoing flights were cancelled.

"We apologise to all the passengers and users of the airport following the incident which caused the flight delays and cancellations," he said.

The aircraft was believed to have skidded while landing during rain, and ended up on its belly at the end of the runway.

Jabu said it was towed out of the area at 10.30am and the runway was cleaned to ensure that it was safe for landings and take-offs.

"The Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) is still investigating the cause of the incident," he said, adding that all the four workers on board, including the crew members, were safe.

The aircraft, operated by Transmile Air, was transporting cargo of the DHL express courier service from Kuala Lumpur.

Jabu said he had informed Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy and his deputgy, Datuk Douglas Uggah, of the incident.

Asked whether the skidding, the second such incident in a week, was due to inadequate length of the runway, Jabu said that the 2,454m runway was adequate.

"Anyway we'll get the full reports on the investigations into the two incidents as soon as possible," he said.

On Feb 19, a MAS Airbus A330 aircraft skidded and was stuck in the mud at the end of the runway when making a "U" turn while taxiing to take off to Kuala Lumpur.

Meanwhile, an eyewitness living near the runway, Helena Abin Tareng, 46, said she heard a loud bang which sounded like an explosion at 6.20am.

"I ran out to look and saw an aircraft at the end of the runway.

"The fire and rescue and DCA teams then came to render assistance," she said.

-- BERNAMA --

Mr. Green
2nd Mar 2006, 09:41
Also heard from a friend at the maroon and gold that they are also being investigated for a near air-miss in China!!! Rumour has it that the skipper (PNF) refused to take the blame but to blame the FO (PF). What's even more shocking is that the poor FO is in risk of being terminated while the skipper is still being kept on. My good sources tells me as well that this particular skipper has a history of incidents in the maroon and gold and from his previous established airline company south of the border.

lesenterbang
2nd Mar 2006, 15:01
Some pictures here.
http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1737

Latif-Returns
13th Mar 2006, 09:19
Heard the same MR Green...Captain returned to flight duty after suspension...

The whole outfit is a joke! Ill put them above Air Asia...

camelbird
13th Mar 2006, 12:46
Heard the same MR Green...Captain returned to flight duty after suspension...

The whole outfit is a joke! Ill put them above Air Asia...

Surely AA is better then this cargo outfit. How could you justify your statement?:confused:

Latif-Returns
13th Mar 2006, 14:28
Camelbird you must have misunderstood my post... I said Transmile are MORE shadey then AirAsia, not better!

I can see you enjoy working there Camelbird!

camelbird
13th Mar 2006, 17:24
Camelbird you must have misunderstood my post... I said Transmile are MORE shadey then AirAsia, not better!

I can see you enjoy working there Camelbird!

I do apologizes if i misunderstood you and i agree about the shadey part.
I can only understand what you posted and not what you meant to say. And as for me working there, your way off course!:hmm: