PDA

View Full Version : NZCAA AC - Single Pilot IFR

romansandal
1st Mar 2006, 07:57
The CAA has just released a new AC on single pilot IFR. It seems to have a lot of relevant content and is worth a read.

http://www.caa.govt.nz/fulltext/acs/AC91-11.pdf

Cheers,
RS

Waka Rider
1st Mar 2006, 15:09
Good idea hopefully gets people thinking. Question marks over high density areas like AKL WGN CHC. The big problems I felt when flying IFR was into unattended aerodromes with high terrain Wairoa with old wx forecasts, no radar advisory, an autopilot that flew worse than I did and a dodgy NDB. Surely Napier and the east coast must warrant radar. Or is it simply not cost effective?

haughtney1
1st Mar 2006, 15:15
Used to have my eyes shut tight taking the Navajoke into Wairoa......

Is there radar at Whangarei?...or still the two NDB's?:uhoh:

Waka Rider
1st Mar 2006, 15:26
I used to just love coming "visual" following the river then the really good fish and chip shop, hopefully some runway lights with the eastery helping me on my merry way. Would love to know what the EGPWS would think of it. Bro no ideas about up North and radar never made it that far up. They did have a twin NDB approach.

NoseGear
1st Mar 2006, 23:25
Haughtney, you wouldn't know yourself mate, Whangers has got a GPS straightish in to 06 would you believe! Of course, if you feel the need to scare yourself, the good old Dual NDB is still there.........:p