PDA

View Full Version : FlyJet and that 767.....

jcx
27th Feb 2006, 22:30
So where is it?

Would be nice to know whats going on, i know this Airline has had rough press lately, but would be good to see it do well!

envoy757
28th Feb 2006, 17:48
As far as I am aware the iminent 767-200 is due upon Flyjet very soon! Flyjet will be commencing operations out of Newcastle come May 1st 2006, incorpotating routes to the Canary Islands, Greek islands, Cyrpus and Egypt. The recruitment process is already under way for Cabin Crew for both Newcastle and LGW bases! Slowly but surely Flyjet are expanding, and looks like and lets hope some good times ahead for all three bases and staff!
They've had their fare share of turbulent times but it can't all be plain sailing!

Lets hope along with the current staff and the new recruits they can help build the reputation of Flyjet!

Good Luck Flyjet I say! :ok:

transwede
1st Mar 2006, 10:13
Does anyone from FJE know if they intend NCL to be a permanent base or just a seasonal, May to Oct one? It would be good to have another based charter carrier at NCL all year round!

Kenny Lingus
1st Mar 2006, 10:34
Newcastle
Down as an all year base with 757
B767
Due this month. Will fly in 231 seat fit for short while to iron out any bugs before going to 90 seat fit and flying STN-BDA-ILM
Kenny

Buster the Bear
1st Mar 2006, 14:27
Stansted-Bermuda-Wilmington, an odd route, who for?

airhumberside
1st Mar 2006, 18:05
A new start up called 'Fly First Class' I think

transwede
1st Mar 2006, 18:05
Kenny Lingus you say that FJE are planning an all-year round base, what flights are they planning to operate during the winter season?

During this coming summer season, the FJE a/c has been chartered onbehalf of XLA, flying a great deal of the MyTravel Holidays programme. During the winter MYT only operate a small programme ex NCL which is operated using their own a/c as is most of the charter flights from NCL in the winter season. So what do they plan on doing with the a/c? And who is to say that XLA will contract them again next summer as I believe they are planning to reinstate their original plans of having NCL with 3 XLA a/c.

I wish FJE all the luck at NCL, its good to see a company providing more jobs, I just hope they've thought it through if it is going to be a permanent base.

envoy757
1st Mar 2006, 19:14
From what I've seen, upto now, Flyjet will be going to ACE,FUE,LPA,TFS and SSH throughout the winter! So its a busy winter!

HH6702
1st Mar 2006, 19:17
Do you know which tour operators are planning to use flyjet at ncl this winter

envoy757
1st Mar 2006, 19:18
Freedom Flights for flight only sales

HH6702
1st Mar 2006, 20:04
Ive just looked on www.travelrepublic.com and found out that way

thanks anyway

tilly666
3rd Mar 2006, 15:51
Is there any existing flyjet staff relocating to the new base at NCL? Surely they will need experienced crew?

RUMAD
10th Mar 2006, 13:45
There is a handful of staff from MAN and LGW going to NCL,but most of the crew for that base are being recruited.

AIH849
10th Mar 2006, 16:11
i know of at least 14 crew being recruited for NCL as i am one of them

diesel862
18th Mar 2006, 15:09
It will be interesting to see what infrastructure has been setup to support the new NCL base.

I wish all the new people all the best, there are some very very good people who work at FJE.

Diesel