PDA

View Full Version : Chase Internet Banking

Bazzo
27th Feb 2006, 17:25
I found a mail in my hotmail today from “Chase Internet Banking” with this message

“Dear Chase account holder,
We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Chase Internet Banking account may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your account and of the Chase Bank network is our primary concern. Therefore, as a preventative measure, we have temporarily limited access to sensitive account features.
To restore your account access, please take the following steps to ensure that your account has not been compromised:
1. Login to your Chase Internet Banking account. In case you are not enrolled for Internet Banking, you will have to use your Social Security Number as both your Personal ID and Password.
2. Review your recent account history for any unauthorized withdrawals or deposits, and check your account profile to make sure not changes have been made. If any unauthorized activity has taken place on your account, report this to Chase staff immediately.”

Smells very phishy, anybody had something similar?

Lon More
27th Feb 2006, 17:27
Change the name of the bank and they're all identical.
Indeed very phishy. If you have an account with Chase forward it complete to them

BlueDiamond
27th Feb 2006, 17:27
I think everyone gets these sooner or later, mate. Best to simply delete it.

Onan the Clumsy
27th Feb 2006, 19:07
What IS your account number anyway?

Safety_Helmut
27th Feb 2006, 19:26
look out for the ones supposedly from ebay, very common now.

S_H

george bridson
27th Feb 2006, 19:50
If you want to stir it up for the evil, conniving 419er, just forward the email to '[email protected]**' where ** is the genuine service provider. For example '[email protected]'. You'll get a nice automated reply along the lines of 'this is clearly a phishing attempt, we're investigating, thanks & take care.'

This usually gets the rogue banned by his isp for abuse.:ok:

Get dozens of these every month at work.

Keef
27th Feb 2006, 22:18
I get anything up to 20 of these a day caught in my Spamcop filter. The phishers do the rounds of the banks - last week it was mostly Abbey National, this week it's Halifax and Barclays IBank. Ebay and Paypal are also regulars.

Probably not even worth reporting them; I'm sure the banks are onto them because they are likely to get most of the "bounces" from the dud addresses used by the spammers.