PDA

View Full Version : What happened to OZJET ?

OVERCHINA
27th Feb 2006, 11:09
:confused: :* I was told OZJET was going to BNE .Now I hear that they are no longer going to BNE but will go to PERTH instead of BNE. How is this going to entice the Business traveller to fly if they dont close the business triangle MEL-SYD-BNE.?
Have they expanded ? How many aircraft do they have now ? Has Brisbane been dropped?It would be interesting to know , if there are any OZ people out there.
Thanks

Chocks Away
28th Feb 2006, 07:57
Perth is the next run to start, via Melb first then out of Syd direct... due to the East-West demand on business seats, which QF currently have all to themselves.
Another 737 Classic on line soon with Perth runs to utilise the night time hours (usually downtime until now).
Best of luck to them.
Happy landings:ok:

Pass-A-Frozo
28th Feb 2006, 08:20
I'll take that over the A330 business class. The old QF business class was second to none. TV in armrest, and you couldn't touch the passenger next to you if you tried. I'll never fly A330 business class again, unless they have redesigned business class. Kind of wierd taking a smaller aircraft to get more space!

Aussie
28th Feb 2006, 10:54
Frozo,

I was on a QF 330 today, and i can see what you mean.

QF 767 and 330 Buisiness class is very poor...

why dont they install skybeds like the 747?

Save a penny i guess...

AUssie

topend3
28th Feb 2006, 11:21
would the -200 be capable of SYD-PER nonstops?

Taildragger67
28th Feb 2006, 15:54
Frozo,
I was on a QF 330 today, and i can see what you mean.
QF 767 and 330 Buisiness class is very poor...
why dont they install skybeds like the 747?
Save a penny i guess...
AUssie

It's been spoken about on these boards previously... It a burst of unbridled bean-counting brilliance, QF went for a lighter floor in their A330s, so they can't support the lie-not-quite-flat seats.

esreverlluf
2nd Mar 2006, 20:58
"I think you'll find that the OGx series of aircraft have the business class seats that have the tv in the armrest."

. . . That is except of course for the "Tasman" configured OGE & F (& possibly more by now) and the all economy OGxs up at Australian.

There's always an exception (or two) to prove the rule!

hoss
3rd Mar 2006, 13:15
Exactly, as if your going to (or more so) need to sleep on a Cityflyer flight anyway. :rolleyes:

rescue 1
4th Mar 2006, 20:10
I hear that the ave load factor between SYD & MEL 45%.

But at the two for one deals, that doesn't equal profit...

Flight666
5th Mar 2006, 09:44
"OzJet W.A. services are scheduled to commence on 3 April"

...what happened to the 14th of this month?

Sounds familiar

OVERCHINA
6th Mar 2006, 09:57
So is Brisbane still on the agenda OR has it been given the flick ?
Will OZJET expand ???? Anyone ??? :confused:

Wirraway
6th Mar 2006, 15:49
Tues "The Australian"

Redeye reaction red-lights Ozjet
Steve Creedy, Aviation writer
March 07, 2006

BUSINESS-class start-up Ozjet has delayed the launch of its Melbourne-Perth service until next month after poor support in Western Australia for an overnight "redeye" flight to the east.

Ozjet originally planned to start flying to Perth next Tuesday, with six flights a week arriving in Perth at 9.30pm and leaving for Melbourne at 11.30pm.

But talks with travel agents and corporate customers convinced the airline to leave the aircraft in Perth overnight and return at 7am. Chief executive Hans van Pelt said the decision meant putting on extra engineers and getting the change approved by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.

Mr van Pelt said the delays would have had Ozjet starting services to Perth at the same time as low-cost carrier Jetstar began daily Perth-Avalon services.

He said there were also worries about hotel availability in Melbourne during the Commonwealth Games. "It was a commercial decision," he said.

A CASA spokesman confirmed the airline's decision to delay the Perth flights was not the result of any problems with the authority.

Ozjet had to delay its launch last year from July to October and then to November because it took longer than expected to obtain CASA approval.

The airline's inaugural flight on the Perth route is now scheduled for April 3, with the return flight the next day.

People who had booked tickets in March would receive a refund or be re-accommodated.

"Certainly nobody loses out," Mr van Pelt said.

"It's just a bit difficult that we've had to do it this way."

=====================================================

Danny Crane
9th Mar 2006, 07:59
You don't have to be a brain surgeon to work out that people who like business class don't like redeye flights @@!!

Pretty ill conceived concept I would say......

Suffice it to say that when I fly back from Perth on that same day business class with QF, it will be my last QF Perth trip, I will be changing to OZJET.

More Aussie than Qantas !!

Barbossa
10th Mar 2006, 07:23
..without pointing out "I told you so" doesn't anybody wonder about the commercial nouse of these clowns? To be incurring more scepticsm by delaying the Perth start-up, and this time stuffing what few punters they have around at a cost, it doesn't say much for their commercial smarts to have completely missed the bleeding obvious that business travellers don't like or usually travel on the "red-eye". Oh that's right - they aren't after the business traveller - they are after the well-heeled economy punter.

And by the way - more Australian than Qantas? Don't be so damned stupid. Is Stoddart based in Aussie? Is his money? His investment partner in Ozjet is Dutch. Some of his crews are Poms on secondment from European. And $ for $, how much money does he put into the economy?

You might not like Qantas' search for the elusive $ savings, but the reality is Qantas are trying to create a sustainable organisation providing employment for decades to come. We all think they could probably be a little more humanitarian in the way they do it, but regardless - it has one objective. The ridiculous costs imposed by the monolithic maintenance organisations in Qantas are just not sustainable. And to say that just because its Chinese it must be unsafe is ridiculous. Just look at the global airlines putting their aircraft through those same Chinese MRO's - is everyone unsafe?

Stoddart came to exploit what he perceived was an opportunity, but he wants to do it on the cheap. How you can possibly favour him over Qantas is beyond me.

By all means let the market decide whether QF business class is better than OZJet or vica versa - the fact that Stoddart is bleeding money out of every orifice and after 6 months he still cant get loads of more than 50% says it all.

VH-Cheer Up
12th Mar 2006, 21:13
Ah well, events overtake this thread...