PDA

View Full Version : Schools in India for expats

Nevrekar
27th Feb 2006, 10:42
Anyone in India with kids going to school ? Wondering what the options are.
Researching the U.S and UK based curriculum , the costs are quite prohibitive.
Anywhere from $14,000-$20,000 USD per year/per child with no discounts for more than one child. More expensive than private schools here in the U.S.

Darkjet
27th Feb 2006, 13:38
Hi,
I'm also looking for infos in schools in India, more specificaly in Mumbai, and I'm having a hard time !!
Just found this if that 's of any help :
http://www.indianchild.com/schools_in_mumbai.htm

Any infos from pruners living in India with their family much appreciated .

DJ.

hedgehog-in-fog
27th Feb 2006, 15:49
Here in Delhi there are British and American schools in the diplomatic area.
Think you'll be able to find something in the net.
It's nice here:}
A little warm and dirty, but :ok:
Dont't think it"s cheap here. What is good is sometimes more expensive than where you live.

Nevrekar
27th Feb 2006, 21:22
The American schools in Delhi and Mumbai will run between $15000-$20,000 USD per child/per year. I was really surprised at the high cost. The one in Mumbai even requires a $20,000 deposit paid in advance! The top private schools where I live in the US run around 15K yr and most offer discounts if you have more than one child attending. The British school in Delhi is cheaper.
Around 9-12K per year. All these schools have waiting lists. Priority based on passport. American--U.S. passport holders; British: U.K. passport.

pilotezulu
28th Feb 2006, 20:49
I can personally recommend The British School in New Delhi coz that's where I went, though it was a while ago. Good school, good people, good standards. Follows the UK curriculum, IGCSE 'O' and GCE 'A' levels for high school, through the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate.

Costs sound about right what the other guys said. I really can't remember what they were, but it was not THAT expensive. Not sure now.

Anyway, PM me if you'd like to know more. cheers n good luck.

4screws_or2
25th Mar 2006, 08:26
Hi folks,

not a huge number of replies to the original post. Does that mean not many expats take the family out with them?

I'm on for it - if I can afford to. Two youngling (plus devoted mother) that are quite excited about the prospect, but as much as I search the web I keep coming up short of that "comfort-mark" that says "let pack up and go".

Does anyone know if there are many expats bouncing round Chennai, and if so, which is the most preferred school for teenage kids? (I think the American school is outside my budget).

Do the expats smile? I know the local lads I've met smile alot and speak highly of their home.