PDA

View Full Version : Where the bl**dy hell are you?

AIRWAY
27th Feb 2006, 09:11
Any one like the new Aussie tourism advert?

I like it :} :ok:

wherethebloodyhellareyou.com

lexxity
27th Feb 2006, 09:42
I like that, now if only Oz wasn't so far away.......:ok:

Avtrician
27th Feb 2006, 11:14
I'm in front of me bloody puter, Pprunin, obviously. Ppruninin from bloody Perth in the west of bloody Oz, The best bloody state in the bloody country. Bloody bloody.

Tis a good bloody add, at least they dont say bugger:E:E

Howard Hughes
27th Feb 2006, 11:22
I'm in front of me bloody puter, Pprunin, obviously. Ppruninin from bloody Perth in the west of bloody Oz, The best bloody state in the bloody country. Bloody bloody.

Tis a good bloody add, at least they dont say bugger:E:E
I guess that makes me 3000 miles form the best bloody state, but damn, I'm still in the best bloody country!!

Bloody cheers, HH.:ok:

ORAC
27th Feb 2006, 11:26
Good ta see ya reverting to yer natural state and giving up those fancy cultural lah-de-dah airs and graces. Now where´s Sir Len the cultural attache.... :}

AIRWAY
27th Feb 2006, 11:55

The only thing i would change from the above sentence is Perth, and add Brisbane :} :ok:

Buster Hyman
27th Feb 2006, 21:05
:rolleyes: Yes, because we all know that BNE is out West!!!

Queenslanders....:rolleyes:

EDDNHopper
27th Feb 2006, 21:15
Great advert! :ok:

It´s about time I went there to take a look...

Howard Hughes
27th Feb 2006, 22:02
Queenslanders....:rolleyes:
Yes, Queenslanders, sadly deluded about the best state in the country.....:rolleyes:
Nice place to visit, but you would'nt want to live there!!;)

Fliegenmong
27th Feb 2006, 22:09
HH Can you please tell that to the 1400 or so Victorians & New South Welsh men that move here every week or whatever the figure is - I don't mind if they moved to the Gulf coast (Carpentaria) but they all come here to the South East AND Complain how much better it is back in Sydney or Melbourne!!!! PLEASE Go away to where you came from and give me my water supply, hospitals, roads, beaches, lifestyle & sanity back!!! (Take your silly VFL game back too)

Victorians:*

Howard Hughes
27th Feb 2006, 22:15
I don't mind if they moved to the Gulf coast (Carpentaria) but they all come here to the South East AND Complain how much better it is back in Sydney or Melbourne!!!!
Like I said, "nice place to visit, but you would'nt wanna live there"!!;)

AIRWAY
27th Feb 2006, 22:25
Yes, because we all know that BNE is out West!!!

Queenslanders....

Oops :uhoh: :\ :ouch: :O

Romeo Delta
27th Feb 2006, 22:59
Yeah! WherethebloodyhellamI, anyway? Um...

As much as I've been to NZ, I've never crossed the ditch (and it's not looking like I'll make it this time, either). ONE of these days, I gotta get over there, just to say I've been there.

G-CPTN
27th Feb 2006, 23:07
Yeah! WherethebloodyhellamI, anyway? Um...
As much as I've been to NZ, I've never crossed the ditch (and it's not looking like I'll make it this time, either). ONE of these days, I gotta get over there, just to say I've been there.

I thought all International Routes were routed through OZ, with 'internal' connections to NZ. :ok:

galaxy flyer
28th Feb 2006, 01:49
Makes me want to leave the USA PERMANENTLY!! Bloody marvelous, was in BNE two years ago on hols, how could I be so stupid to return home??? :cool:

GF

RiskyRossco
28th Feb 2006, 03:40
Tsk. :rolleyes:
Little known fact that the Ockers still haven't revised their maps and changed it to 'The West Island'. We passed the law year before last fer crying out loud.
Tsk. :rolleyes:

but great ad :ok:

Romeo Delta
28th Feb 2006, 04:26
I thought all International Routes were routed through OZ, with 'internal' connections to NZ. :ok:

Ha! Once the Big Q decides to stop packing people into their giant white and red sausage casings, I'll fly them to Oz. 'Til then, I'll stick with my nice, comfy, plenty-o'-legroom Air NZ, thanks. :ok:

tinpis
28th Feb 2006, 06:18
So..whos getting a barbie on their shrimp now?

Loose rivets
28th Feb 2006, 06:34
So..whos getting a barbie on their shrimp now?

And that is because....you are upside down?

Avtrician
28th Feb 2006, 07:28
Those mexicans are goin to Qld cos its too far to walk to the west, an we wouldnt let em cross the border. Time to start building that Moat me thinks:E :E :E Shouldnt be too hard. theres only two paved roads into the state.:ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
28th Feb 2006, 08:58
RD, don't waste your time with the rest of Oz. WA and NT are the only places worth going.:E :ok:

tinpis
28th Feb 2006, 20:50
No one ever mentions little Tasmania.It must be a grand place to live the Aussies havent discovered it yet :p

G-CPTN
28th Feb 2006, 20:55
RD, don't waste your time with the rest of Oz. WA and NT are the only places worth going.:E :ok:

NT.
New Territories?

Fliegenmong
28th Feb 2006, 21:18
Oh come on now - you all know there are only two states to be in.....

Queensland or Pi**ed

Seriously the state border QLD /nsw should in fact be at or somewhere south of Cape Byron shouldn't it! - This was how the cartographers (?) had it when the sketches & maps went back to England and they got it wrong then.

Logical though is it not? The North (QLD) and South (nsw) divided at the most eastern point of the mainland. nsw could never give up all that pokie revenue though could they - well they could at least use it to fund a fair share of the Tugun bypass!!:mad:

:} OK now where can I start with the Victorians:yuk:

(awaits bites):hmm:

CoodaShooda
1st Mar 2006, 03:23
G-CPTN

NT = Northern Territory

10% of the land mass, less than 1% of the population and lots of saltwater crocodiles.

Populated by people who came north because the lifestyle's better than in the other states and led by politicians who want to make us just like the southern states (but with saltwater crocodiles). :{

Large, floating population of back packers (and saltwater crocodiles)

Served by a newspaper that only runs front page stories about dogs, soldiers exposing themselves in public and.......saltwater crocodiles.

Did I mention you can't swim in the sea, because of box jellyfish, or the rivers, because of saltwater crocodiles?

Its too hot for sheep, so we farm cattle, camels, goats and saltwater crocodiles.

The other states are just places you have to drive through to get to the Territory; although Northern Queensland and Northern WA will let you get some experience coping with saltwater crocodiles too - just so's you're prepared when you get here.:E

Can't be too bad a place. tinpis lives here too :p

tinpis
1st Mar 2006, 05:38
cooda yer forgot to mention its...

DAMN HOT

CoodaShooda
1st Mar 2006, 06:15
Yeah, I guess we survive rather than live.................:E

but the crocodiles love it

AIRWAY
1st Mar 2006, 08:12
Crocs up there love the tourists :} :ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
1st Mar 2006, 08:14
Darwin Stubbies. Just the right size for a man sized thirst. Pity the beer's so piss poor, though....:E

BDiONU
9th Mar 2006, 21:33
One is pleased to see that the citizens of the UK will be spared some of the profanity prevalent in certain areas of the commonwealth ;)

"British regulators have banned an advert aimed at luring tourists to Australia due to its use of a mild swear word, Tourism Australia says.
The headline for the commercial, which features Australians drinking and frolicking on the beach, is "So where the bloody hell are you?".

As a result, the word "bloody" will be cut for the advert when shown on UK TV, according to Tourism Australia."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4789650.stm

BD

kookabat
9th Mar 2006, 23:58
the word "bloody" will be cut for the advert when shown on UK TV

...which makes the ad lose effect...:uhoh:

G-CPTN
10th Mar 2006, 00:14
Still leaving 'hell' in . . .
?

We are the Fookawi.
We are the Fookaru?

BenThere
10th Mar 2006, 00:28
Spent 17 days in Darwin in '94. During that time I met my future wife while dodging crocs by the river. We'll have 11 years of wedded bliss this month.:)

con-pilot
10th Mar 2006, 02:24
Congratulations Ben!:ok:

(Oh, on the anniversary, not on escaping becoming crocodile food, but then again, I guess well done on that also!:p )

SM4 Pirate
10th Mar 2006, 06:34
1400 or so Victorians & New South Welsh men that move here every week Thus raising the average IQ in each state.:p

AIRWAY
22nd Mar 2006, 21:47
Now it's the Canadians showing concern over the words "hell" and "beer" :rolleyes:

Dont they like beer in Canada :confused:

I guess it's too cold for beer, hey Jerricho :}

Solid Rust Twotter
22nd Mar 2006, 21:52
Pretty damned fine for moose juice, though...:E

tinpis
23rd Mar 2006, 02:05
Bloody hell....:}

"I thought I was under the limit yer honour ..I only caught five toads"

Free beer for toads
By BEN LANGFORD
20mar06

TERRITORIANS are being offered free beer in return for live cane toads.

The RSPCA, Coopers Brewery and the Cavenagh Hotel have teamed up in the name of animal welfare and the result is that toads can be turned into beer.

In a move designed to turn seasoned Top End beer drinkers into lean, mean, toad-catching machines, the three Darwin organisations have got together to set up a toad-for-beer exchange.

Anyone over the age of 18 who captures a toad and delivers it alive to the Darwin RSPCA qualifies for a glass of icy cold Coopers beer at the Cavenagh Hotel.

``Everyone who takes a cane toad to the RSPCA to be disposed of humanely gets a voucher for a free pot of Coopers ale at the Cav,'' Coopers Brewery's NT sales executive Sean Gould said.

He said there would be a beer for each toad _ up to a limit of six a day.

``It's an idea we had from the locally-produced movie Bufo Marinators that screened at the Cav last week,'' Mr Gould said.

The film, which featured a posse of toad hunters and a simulated orgy of bufo killing, caused quite a fuss.

``We want to encourage the humane treatment of animals,'' acting chief executive of RSPCA Darwin Lindsay Wilkinson said yesterday.

``If you get a free Coopers out of it then it's a bonus.''

Cavenagh Hotel general manager Brett Simmonds said: ``It's all about the toads, not about the beer.'' But the toads must be alive.

``No coupons for squashed toads,'' Mr Wilkinson said.

He was keen to make it clear he wasn't starting a roadkill collection. ``Healthy, live, no squashed cane toads,'' he said.

And Mr Simmonds agreed, saying the deal was ``fresh toads for fresh beer''.

While the toad catchers are enjoying their cold ale, the RSPCA will be busy euthanasing the toads with sodium pentobarbitone, an overdose of barbituates administered with a few drops on the skin that kills toads immediately.

``It's the most humane way to kill an animal,'' Mr Wilkinson said.

``They just go to sleep.''

But beer fiends shouldn't get too worked up.

Mr Simmonds said there would be a six-pot maximum per person per day.

``The idea is to get people catching toads and taking them for humane disposal, not to get people too drunk,'' Mr Simmonds said.

``If you take six toads in to the RSPCA, you get six vouchers. If you take 100 toads, you get six vouchers.''

But he's worried people will get the wrong idea and deliver a bucket load of toads to his pub hoping to trade them for a few cold ones.

Mr Simmonds said no one would get a beer for taking a toad to the pub.

He said the toads must be taken to the RSPCA at 80 Boulter Rd Berrimah between 1pm and 5pm on weekdays.

Vouchers for the promotion will be valid until April 30.

Will be examined by lawyers who will want a cask of Moselle for their clients.
http://www.ntnews.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,18529468%255E13569,00.html

tinpis
23rd Mar 2006, 02:13
LOL whats the bet Cooda there gonna be a toad farm set up at Kurringal flats?
headlines:
DARWIN RUNS OUT OF BEER !
EVERYONE PISSED !
Not a toad in sight.

CoodaShooda
23rd Mar 2006, 02:58
And here I was thinking it was a cunning plot to encourage the good people of Palmerston to halt the move of cane toads into Darwin at the 14 Mile.

Yer average Palmerstonian doesn't mind the occasional tipple at someone else's expense.

Arm out the window
23rd Mar 2006, 06:05
If you visit Tasmania and get lost, just ask the nearest young woman if she could show you her map of Tassie - that'll work a treat.

BelfastChild
31st Mar 2006, 22:06
The Australian Tourism Commission has finally responded to the criticism that the advertisement is too offensive and has decided to alter it slightly. The revised commercial can be seen here

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7iJr2xtLENc&search=where%20the%20hell%20are%20you

Jerricho
31st Mar 2006, 22:54
Too cold for beer? Are you high?

;)

Romeo Delta
1st Apr 2006, 01:33
Apologies if this has been posted before.

Alternatives to the Aussie Tourism advert:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IAwjpTtD2PE

(CAUTION: Not suitable for the workplace or family viewing; language)

Also apologies to any Ozmates this is going to pi$$ off. :}

BlueWolf
1st Apr 2006, 02:02
Nearly got banned here too. People objected to the use of the offensive word "Australia" ;)

Personally I think the young lady who utters the infamous line is rather charming, and I don't see how anyone could object to her or it.

Haven't seen that one before RD :ok:

BDiONU
1st Apr 2006, 06:54
Alternatives to the Aussie Tourism advert:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IAwjpTtD2PE
(CAUTION: Not suitable for the workplace or family viewing; language)
Nice one :ok: Here's another:
http://www.downwindmedia.com/

BD

LordGrumpy
1st Apr 2006, 07:44
Short reliable folks often get lost in the long grass. Used to hear them shouting. 'Where the fookawi?' .

Jerricho
10th Apr 2006, 23:18
Tinny, you're a bad man.

tinpis
10th Apr 2006, 23:33
I is,but I thort it might brung floppsy outa hiding :}