PDA

View Full Version : Air Log to give 214ST new lease on life?

SASless
26th Feb 2006, 18:21
Rumour exists Air Log is bringing six 214ST's from a foreign location to the GOM to be used as sources of airframes and parts to keep their fleet of aircraft operable. Word has it the 214 is much cheaper than comparable aircraft despite the difficulty in obtaining spare parts.

76C++'s are due to arrive there soon as well.

Heavylifter
4th Mar 2006, 11:10
they are an awesome helicopter the 214 especialy the 214b ive flown 200hrs in 214b's and appx 150 in 214st's good to see people are still using them!!

FD2
4th Mar 2006, 18:18
Awesome? I think not. I flew the 214ST for 3 years and remember them as being an AFCS nightmare, anti-social from main rotor blade noise and terrible to control during approaches to turbulent decks. The level of turbulence that other aircraft flew through with no problems. That was due to the Bell teetering head which meant no bunting should you be feeling a bit playful! Power pack was good though...

If they had made a 414ST it might have been a contender!!

Heavylifter
5th Mar 2006, 10:12
Thats interesting, the 214b's a grunter though an awesome logging machine i would love to fly one again:)

Heavylifter
5th Mar 2006, 10:16
:bored: Although i have to admit there are some safer machines out there I understand there has been a lot of fatalities in canada/u.s in 214b's?

drakkar
5th Mar 2006, 11:24
Nose up attitude of this aircraft during landing makes it difficult for safety, fly by wire system is a nightmare, crazy starting sequence typical from Bell. Only good thing is the fuel : 850 Lbs per hours. And don't even think to fly NOE, the noddle beam will react furiously, like a bull.