PDA

View Full Version : Should I or should I not?

ckhy
25th Feb 2006, 10:09
Hey all

I've applied to the CPP a year ago and failed at the 2nd stage, back then i was just a 18 years old with 30 hours of flying and 11 weeks into uni.

I was planning on re-applying a year later, which is now. However CX has recently changed their rules on the max times you can apply so my next shot will be my last i.e I want my last time to be my best. Now I've thought of applying in around 2 years time after when i've gained all my licences (CPL, IR and ATPL theory) and graduated uni.

I've asked people i know related in the field and some said it could be better but some said it could be worse.

I know I can prove my passion with my licences and qualifications and obviously be a bit more competitive with other applicants. But will i be over qualified with an ATPL frozen etc and hence disadvantage me in some ways? I know a guy that got in with an ATPL frozen tho but i've read numerous threads on the internet about being over qualified even with a CPL.

So any opinions would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Thanks all and happy flying :ok:

cheers

C172Driver
25th Feb 2006, 14:48
"But will i be over qualified with an ATPL frozen etc and hence disadvantage me in some ways? I know a guy that got in with an ATPL frozen tho but i've read numerous threads on the internet about being over qualified even with a CPL. "

About 80% of CX cadets down in Adelaide had previous flight experience, some with CPL, most with GFPTs and PPLs. So having a CPL is hardly overqualified, if anything, it's more of an excuse for failing getting in.:hmm:

Experience does help for the course itself and for some interview stages such as flight grading. Though the only downside would be a more difficult technical interview as they will probably ask relavent knowledge for your experience. Your advantage is that u demonstrate to Cathay that you might have a higher chance of passing than someone who hasn't gone through all that flight training before.:8

As you stated, people with Frozen ATPL's have successfully gone through the cadet programme, so there certainly isn't anything stopping you.:ok: