PDA

View Full Version : Forstaff EBA

Apophis
25th Feb 2006, 00:20
Whats going on.

hawks05
9th Mar 2006, 07:40
How would anyone know what was going on when the ALAEA shafted the AWU in the EBA talks, they also dont tell their members what is going on because they make back door deals. Hopefully the ALAEA members put the pressure on the ALAEA to work along with the AWU to reach a common goal, the only problem this would cause the ALAEA is no more back door deals. All they have tried to do is tell the work force lies about the AWU to hide the poor deals that themselves have done.They told everyone the AWU are selling your conditions, not true. Who made the deal to take our right for any industrial action away from us till december 2007, what a joke when we have an EBA in june to work on.Wake up to yourselves ALAEA you are paid to look after your members not the companys, oh sorry I just remembered you were getting getting paid part of the pay roll from Forstaff.It is up to you to make the ALAEA honest, the members that waste their money each year paying it to the ALAEA. Remember they work for you not Qantas and not Forstaff.

spindle43
9th Mar 2006, 09:13
Please forward this on to the Federal executive, including (especially) the Federal Secretary.
Just to let you know that I've heard the news about the federal executive revoking of the vote from yesterdays meeting at Avalon.
I looked in the dictionary for words that are more expressive than 'disgusted', 'shafted', 'angry', 'pissed', 'livid', 'ropeable' and phrases such as 'sold out' and 'sacrificial lambs' and all I could come up with were swear words, and given that I consider myself a professional person I chose not to use them.
The treatment of myself and my colleagues, and the lack of respect for our experience and the value of our licences has left me breathless.
The decision, however, came as no surprise to people who have been mistreated, abused and ignored by a majority Qantas LAME controlled association. In most cases the only thing that has held us as members has been the liability coverage that the association has.
Consider this, then, my resignation from this yellow bellied, no good, two bit, piss ant association of cowardly suckholes whose only purpose in life is look after themselves.
I sincerely hope that when the dust settles in Melbourne and Sydney Heavy Maintenance that the association has managed to save their members from losing their jobs.
If the effort and results of this dispute are anything to go by, however, God help them because the association can't.

hawks05
15th Mar 2006, 06:09
Please forward this on to the Federal executive, including (especially) the Federal Secretary.
Just to let you know that I've heard the news about the federal executive revoking of the vote from yesterdays meeting at Avalon.
I looked in the dictionary for words that are more expressive than 'disgusted', 'shafted', 'angry', 'pissed', 'livid', 'ropeable' and phrases such as 'sold out' and 'sacrificial lambs' and all I could come up with were swear words, and given that I consider myself a professional person I chose not to use them.
The treatment of myself and my colleagues, and the lack of respect for our experience and the value of our licences has left me breathless.
The decision, however, came as no surprise to people who have been mistreated, abused and ignored by a majority Qantas LAME controlled association. In most cases the only thing that has held us as members has been the liability coverage that the association has.
Consider this, then, my resignation from this yellow bellied, no good, two bit, piss ant association of cowardly suckholes whose only purpose in life is look after themselves.
I sincerely hope that when the dust settles in Melbourne and Sydney Heavy Maintenance that the association has managed to save their members from losing their jobs.
If the effort and results of this dispute are anything to go by, however, God help them because the association can't.I suggest you ask the ALAEA for a copy of the liability coverage as I beleive it is no different to any other union.We have asked in the past but still have not seen it, I beleive all you get is a mouth piece for the case if the executive from the ALAEA wish to look after you, if not they will just dump you.

planemad2
15th Mar 2006, 22:54
IF the ALAEA is as bad as you guys say, why on Earth do you not find another Union? :confused:

spindle43
17th Mar 2006, 00:14
I have never seen a copy of it either, and have looked into my own but its too expensive. A lot of people (myself included) rely on it though.

And as for finding another union, there isn't one. The AWU can't negotiate on site, nor can any other union other than the ALAEA, and forming your own won't help. There are some very good reps in the ALAEA who try, but there are (as with all organisations) some who are in it for themselves. Our problem at forstaff is that the ALAEA is controlled by an executive consisting of mostly Qantas staff, and when our problems come up for discussion the Qantas guys are packing their bags ready to go. I don't know how bad it is for GA or Regional, as they are even more underrepresented on the council than we are.

Anywho, they do do some good work for us, and with the changes in the QF heavy side, only time will tell if they are as bad as we say or whether they can help their members. Having been there myself (redundancy), I hope they can.

Apophis
17th Mar 2006, 07:11
IF the ALAEA is as bad as you guys say, why on Earth do you not find another Union? :confused:
Well the ALAEA won,t even allow the other Union the AWU to be in talks about an EBA so they are quite friggin useless and the ALAEA will not let anyone one else in so here at avalon you are really screwed with all the dirty deals the alaea does.
It doe,s not even tell its own members what they are up to.

Sunfish
17th Mar 2006, 08:12
In other words, the ALAEA is corrupt?

Apophis
17th Mar 2006, 23:54
Do Ya Think

hawks05
24th Mar 2006, 06:07
Well the ALAEA won,t even allow the other Union the AWU to be in talks about an EBA so they are quite friggin useless and the ALAEA will not let anyone one else in so here at avalon you are really screwed with all the dirty deals the alaea does.
It doe,s not even tell its own members what they are up to.

Guys I can tell you if we want the AWU to be able to have a say we need a few more members we have about 200 at Avalon. If we can out number them Forstaff have no choice either do the ALAEA but to deal with the AWU.Does anyone know how many members the ALAEA have, also with the election coming up I can tell you if the new mob get in they are only going to look after the LAME's I know this for sure.We do gert to talk to Forstaff but the ALAEA crack the ****s. We can represent our members we just cant take anything to the commission till about june / july stick with us and you will see changes and we will keep you infromed at all times and there will be no bull **** deals done with Forstaff or qantas. Give us a go what have you got to loose, the ALAEA have done nothing for us up to today so give us your support and let us prove ourselves.:ok:

Apophis
25th Mar 2006, 04:16
Last news update on awu web site for us was on the 16 feb nothing since which is fairly hopeless seeing quite a bit has gone on since then doe,s not give one much faith in any action or work being done when they can,t even update there web site.:*
I Agree the ALAEA have done nothing for us i don,t really even see them doing much if anything for there own members apart from collecting there Fees.

Apophis
26th Mar 2006, 02:39
no wonder we can,t do anything at avalon someone has sold all the tools on e bay.:E

AEROMEDIC
31st Mar 2006, 09:06
How would anyone know what was going on when the ALAEA shafted the AWU in the EBA talks, they also dont tell their members what is going on because they make back door deals. Hopefully the ALAEA members put the pressure on the ALAEA to work along with the AWU to reach a common goal, the only problem this would cause the ALAEA is no more back door deals. All they have tried to do is tell the work force lies about the AWU to hide the poor deals that themselves have done.They told everyone the AWU are selling your conditions, not true. Who made the deal to take our right for any industrial action away from us till december 2007, what a joke when we have an EBA in june to work on.Wake up to yourselves ALAEA you are paid to look after your members not the companys, oh sorry I just remembered you were getting getting paid part of the pay roll from Forstaff.It is up to you to make the ALAEA honest, the members that waste their money each year paying it to the ALAEA. Remember they work for you not Qantas and not Forstaff.
It's always interesting to see people claim to know "backdoor deals" on this EBA have been done without describing what those deals are. If you know something, SAY IT!!
Tell us what those deals are, show the prooof and we can all jump up and down. Otherwise don't bull****!!
And the AWU can blame itself for not working jointly with the ALAEA because according to their notice board, Bill Shorten's letter to the ALAEA inviting them to joint participation, was sent (see the date) two months AFTER talks with Forstaff began on the site.!!
It's clear BOTH unions need to get their acts together to achieve a common goal, but I'm sure they can do without the crap and cheap shots from you.

hawks05
1st Apr 2006, 09:39
It's always interesting to see people claim to know "backdoor deals" on this EBA have been done without describing what those deals are. If you know something, SAY IT!!
Tell us what those deals are, show the prooof and we can all jump up and down. Otherwise don't bull****!!
And the AWU can blame itself for not working jointly with the ALAEA because according to their notice board, Bill Shorten's letter to the ALAEA inviting them to joint participation, was sent (see the date) two months AFTER talks with Forstaff began on the site.!!
It's clear BOTH unions need to get their acts together to achieve a common goal, but I'm sure they can do without the crap and cheap shots from you.One of the deals was work shops which have had vacancy controlled positions prior to any agreement and also the sheetie leadinghands are getting twice the allowance than other leaders, what bull**** about blaming the awu for not meeting the alaea, I know they have approached the reps on site and gary norris asking them to work together back when h4 was opened and have been asking since, bill lettter was to show you guys the awu was not talking ****:{