PDA

View Full Version : Asian pilot Association

malaysian_spirit
24th Feb 2006, 13:54
Hello ASIAN pilots! We are planning to create ASIAN PILOT ASSOCIATION which is going to deal with ASIAN CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY in your region to restrict non Asian resident to work in Asia as a pilot.

One example.Currentry HONG KONG/Macau Aviation industry has been Captured by Westerners and they are keep recruitting Westerners only.estimated 90 Percent of pilot in Hong Kong/Macau is Westerners!!:* They are stilling our JOBs!what they do is Make the things difficult for the Locals and Make things Easy for the Westerners.so no Jobs for the Locals.

We would like to introduce this Association to protect future Asian Pilot who is Asian resident.People who fly in ASIA region should be Asian resident.Same as a EU or US.
What I can discover is some Westerners cant fly in their country so they come to ASIA and still our Jobs.

Now we are working with China CAA/ Taiwan CAA/Singapore CAA/Malaysia CAA/Japan CAA/Korea CAA/Tai CAA to join us to not to take people who is not a Asian resident.

JOIN US if you a ASIAN PILOT!!WE a creating a official web site and there will be a JOBs in the ASIAN resident.
Coming soon!!:ok:

Deske1
24th Feb 2006, 14:07
We have seen how this idea works ie. CAL,KAL

high_vibration
24th Feb 2006, 14:09
Asian union... good start.
Are there a large number of locals with experience to fly those airplanes?:eek:
Any kind of racism here?:ugh:
Give me a break.

Deske1
24th Feb 2006, 14:24
.Same as a EU or US.

In the civilised and developed EU,if a company NEEDS foreign workforce based in the EU,for lets say 5 years,at the end of the contract you end up with a local ID and passport.

By the way isnt Cathay one of the region`s leading airline?:zzz:

Thermal Image
24th Feb 2006, 15:18
Hello ASIAN pilots! We are planning to create ASIAN PILOT ASSOCIATION which is going to deal with ASIAN CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY in your region to restrict non Asian resident to work in Asia as a pilot.

One example.Currentry HONG KONG/Macau Aviation industry has been Captured by Westerners and they are keep recruitting Westerners only.estimated 90 Percent of pilot in Hong Kong/Macau is Westerners!!:* They are stilling our JOBs!what they do is Make the things difficult for the Locals and Make things Easy for the Westerners.so no Jobs for the Locals.

We would like to introduce this Association to protect future Asian Pilot who is Asian resident.People who fly in ASIA region should be Asian resident.Same as a EU or US.
What I can discover is some Westerners cant fly in their country so they come to ASIA and still our Jobs.

Now we are working with China CAA/ Taiwan CAA/Singapore CAA/Malaysia CAA/Japan CAA/Korea CAA/Tai CAA to join us to not to take people who is not a Asian resident.

JOIN US if you a ASIAN PILOT!!WE a creating a official web site and there will be a JOBs in the ASIAN resident.
Coming soon!!:ok:

We are not anywhere near April 1.

So why should the regional authorities abide by your regulations?

Are you a higher authority?

Is there some kind of ASEAN secretariat that compels the regional authorities to comply?

Or are you some ****** with too much time?

rwethereyet
24th Feb 2006, 16:42
Malaysian Spirit, you're opening up a Pandora's box with those "statements":ooh: ......always keep the big picture in sight.....

Jonathan83
25th Feb 2006, 00:41
He definitely has too much time to waste. I too sense racism and i'm an Asian. One more month till April comes, Keep your idea's till then. :}

purple head
25th Feb 2006, 01:22
Working with the Chinese CAA (CAAC),hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I better not mention that being a member of any organisations that projects your rights like your suggesting is illegal in China. So it’s a great idea, let Asians join, get sacked, and China will need even more foreign pilots.

Left Wing
25th Feb 2006, 03:44
Indian DGCA already has that law in place, no xpat FO's only type rated Capts only 1-2 yrs contracts.
As per law there must be one Indian pilot in the cockpit.:ok: :ok: :ok:

Hong Kong cant produce local pilots same with Singapore; locals just dont want to take flying as a career, hence the airlines are forced to hire expensive xpat pilots

SoundByDesign
25th Feb 2006, 04:01
Indian DGCA already has that law in place, no xpat FO's only type rated Capts only 1-2 yrs contracts.
As per law there must be one Indian pilot in the cockpit.:ok: :ok: :ok:
Hong Kong cant produce local pilots same with Singapore; locals just dont want to take flying as a career, hence the airlines are forced to hire expensive xpat pilots

I'm not sure that HK locals don't want to take flying as a career rather there is very limited and only very expensive opportunity to learn here.

No legacy GA or old Battle of Britain airfields to encourage and foster from the ground to the air.

Fair enough that local people should be able to earn a larger piece of the pie, imagine if 90% of US pilots where Chinese, but I think a more practical and positive step would be to encourage and facilitate the next generations to take up flight training rather than attempt to boycott foreign crewmembers.

I have been attempting such and found much obfuscation but I've been passionate about all things aviation all my life and don't intend to give up.

There are over 6,000 air cadets in HK, they're flying opportunities are 1 X C172 and 1 X twin Squirrel, do the math’s!

If anyone here feels they might be able to help local [Asian] aviation develop rather than hinder then I'd greatly appreciate your comments?

G..

huckleberry58
25th Feb 2006, 07:12
C'mon, this is surely a wind-up guys.

Hairy Chest
25th Feb 2006, 07:45
I'm not sure that HK locals don't want to take flying as a career rather there is very limited and only very expensive opportunity to learn here.

are you kidding, SQ, CX and KA all offer amazing cadet pilot programs 100% free and a great job after that...its just there s no real will to fly in these places........ very true Left.

Go fly in China, it needs 2000 pilots; thats if you REALLY DO WANT TO BECOME AN AIRLINE PILOT

Virtual Reality
25th Feb 2006, 10:24
malaysian_spirit,
I suggest you go and sort out MH, AK, TH and Berjaya first (as far as technical crew is concerned) before you even think of sorting out Asia as a whole. Those companies are within your homeland and if you have all those "connections", I am sure you can do something about it. Otherwise, seat back, relax and enjoy the ride .... ;) ;) ;)

Start4&3
25th Feb 2006, 14:51
Where is this guy now? He started a fire and then left. What a douchebag. :mad:

huckleberry58
25th Feb 2006, 16:00
Hairy Chest, regarding the cadet program in SQ I would have to disagree about there being no real will to fly. There are alot of local guys who are interested in joining the airline, some motivated in flying some maybe not so much. However the point I would like to make is that of the hundreds of cadet applicants who go in for their first interview everytime the airline recruits, typically there will be less than ten left after the whole 2 week 'assessment' process is completed. That is a huge attrition rate borne by the airline and which may be misconstrued as a lack of interest.

Jonathan83
26th Feb 2006, 05:37
Malaysian Spirit??? Please Do not embarass my country! I do work with a lot of foreigners and they all great freinds to me. I'm not saying that just to get people's attention. It's about your skills, Not your colour. Everybody has the right to work where ever they want and who ever they want. They dont need your permission. :} So, Please, Change your nick name. Malaysia is a nice country and i'm proud to be here but Not with your kind of attitude. Maybe you are just saying this out of anger. But you really need to consider alot of things first before putting your ass on fire! I'm sorry if "malaysian Spirit" has offended anyone. For me, a true malaysian, I'm glad we have all the help we get from others all around the world. Cheers!:ok:

Jonathan

chainsaw
27th Feb 2006, 04:23
See

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212682

for the Middle East Forum's views on Malaysian_spirit's proposal to

create ASIAN PILOT ASSOCIATION which is going to deal with ASIAN CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY in your region to restrict non Asian resident to work in Asia as a pilot.

Metro man
27th Feb 2006, 10:55
The reason we foreigners are working in Asia is because for the moment we are needed. Due to the rapid expansion going on the demand for pilots, particularly training, cannot be met locally.

When a new airline starts up it needs experience in the left seat right away and if you haven't got the requirements you will not be hired into that position.

Many airlines will look after their own nationals first when it comes to upgrading to captain, only promoting expats if no local is ready to fill the position. Expats are usually hired on fixed term contracts, which will not be renewed unless the pilots services continue to be required.

Most countries, eg India, restrict the employment of foreign F/Os in order to give low time locals a fair chance.

For one reason or another there is a shortage of suitably qualified locals for pilot positions, and those that are available are attracted to the major, national airlines in preference to low cost start ups.

As I type this there is a banner at the top of the page wanting A320 Captains for China, prehaps not enough locals around ?:hmm:

camelbird
27th Feb 2006, 14:53
:ouch: With regards to Malaysian spirit, i would think that the person must be a failed pilot. He is so bitter that he was not good enough to joint any Airline that he has to resort to this sort of lame plan to be a pilot.
Even with the shortage of pilots in the region, people like him would be left out. My advise to him is to go to plan B. Stay on the ground.