PDA

View Full Version : Superior Pilot Services

where ever what ever
22nd Feb 2006, 18:01
I’m looking for information regarding Superior Pilots Services and Leonard Edwards which operate out of Midrand. I would be interested in any experience people have had with them.

I have a ‘ hours building package ‘ with them on a King Air, and although paid for, I’m having problems organizing it completion due to a breakdown in communications.

I would be interested to hear from anyone with similar experience to share, or if anyone has any ideas on how to progress it to a conclusion

dievlieg
23rd Feb 2006, 18:49
I didn't know Leonard had started Superior Pilot Services, but I know him personally from years back. He's a good guy. I cannot imagine that he would try to take anybody for a ride. Last I saw him he still had the Pooley's shop at Grand Central Airport. I don't know how the private mail function works on this site, otherwise I could have given you his cell number. Maybe try the Pooley's shop at Grand Central as a starting point (thats if they still exist).

cjeppo
24th Feb 2006, 23:25
Hi where ever what ever

I did my Comm at (SPS) Superior Pilot Services in Grand Central in 2003. The kingair package fell through, due to the kingair that they where using crashed over a year ago. Unfortunate accident killing both pilots.
As far as i know, Leonard is now working for Nationwide airllines, but still runs the flight school. But there is no KingAir course. Things might have changed. He is a good guy, am sure you be able to get hold of him,

Hope this helps

:ok:

PEPSIPILOT
25th Feb 2006, 06:14
Hi,

Mr Edwards did my General Radio Licence. He is still around and he still owns or works for Superior Pilot Services. He is a great guy i dont think he would lie to you. He is often at pooleys at Grand Central. i didnt know he runs B200 training but look give him a call again see what he says to you.

Good Luck,

PEPSIPILOT

SpootNICK
28th Feb 2006, 16:50
'WEWE'

Having done a large portion of my CPL training with SPS - Leonard, I can honestly vouch for him. Small, proffesional outfit that does really well were other, larger schools often fail. As far as the B200 training is concerned, I think he can offer you a few hours in the King Air Generic simulator and then perhaps source a cheap king air to get some hours done in the actual aircraft - However I think it will only be done on an Adhoc basis......... Its not an advertised course. Give him a call directly and see what he has to say. I have his contact details if you need them.

Great bunch of guys, you can go wrong.

SN

where ever what ever
1st Mar 2006, 12:04
Thanks for the replies. I have no doubt that Leonard is of good character, from the few short email correspondence I have had with him, he comes over as a good chap.

I’m in that difficult situation many of find ourselves, that of having gained a CPL at great cost, now trying to get a first job. I need the fifty hours on the King Air to crowbar open those closed doors.

However, I guess a significant factor is the fact I’m back in the UK trying to save for another attempt at finding a job and it will be easier to resolve this at the end of the month when I return to RSA for another year

So, thanks for the help very reassuring to only get positive reports back lets hope I get the chance to fly one of these babies shortly

PS.. Should anyone like to employ a very nice British chap who is cheap to run and house trained always happy to hear from you :-):O