PDA

View Full Version : Our Whirlygig spreading disaster and pestilence about the place?

SASless
22nd Feb 2006, 11:53
Seen at another thread......could this be our very own "Gig". I would think she would look better in Red somehow.

it's great PR to see a bright yellow whirly-gig hovering over a sinking yacht or some flooded Cornish countryside.

Whirlygig
22nd Feb 2006, 12:07
Are you implying that I am some siren luring sailors to their death? Or a Harpy or Valkyrie, feeding off the dead and wounded soldiers (or anything in a uniform!).

Cheers

Whirls

PS - No no no - red does NOT suit me. I have too much of a celtic complexion! Blue would be much better - match my eyes :ok: Then again - some mornings red would serve the same function :\

Red Wine
22nd Feb 2006, 12:37
Are you two folk married by any chance…..???

I know him, he has a spiky grey beard.

Or is that you mate….?

TheFlyingSquirrel
22nd Feb 2006, 13:02
Look - I'll pay the room if you two wanna get the tension alleviated ! Could you imagine the chopper jokes ?

Whirlygig
22nd Feb 2006, 13:05
Yes Red Wine. I am married and so is Sassy - just not to each other :rolleyes:

Thank you TFS but your kind offer is not required :ooh:

Now you lot are going to have to behave yourselves before someone gets jealous :O

Cheers

Whirls

B Fraser
22nd Feb 2006, 13:15
Our Whirls is very fetching in red !

that should see your inbox being bombarded ;)

SASless
22nd Feb 2006, 13:25
Whirls,

You never mentioned a spouse to me (must mean she is in fact a helicopter pilot)....and for the record....I am not married. The odds of that changing...my accepting a ring in my nose...is slim to nil. I am not sure I would want the woman that would want me.

Now there is a pub manageress that could tempt me to change my ways....but that is another story.

Whirlygig
22nd Feb 2006, 13:42
Er... Sassy.... Sorry I didn't mention my marital status - didn't realise it was important! I am still, technically, married.

...and B Fraser - you could have phrased that a bit better?!

Cheers

Whirls

TheFlyingSquirrel
22nd Feb 2006, 13:58
Holiday Inn OK ?

Whirlygig
22nd Feb 2006, 14:06
No!

No to Holiday Inn. No to Hilton. No to Travel Lodge or any feckin' hotel, motel, B&B, Guest House, Doss House whatever.

Sassy and I are just good friends; that's all! :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

And B? Looks like you were wrong!

spinwing
22nd Feb 2006, 14:29
Yeahhhhhhh, RIGHT!

:p :p

N Arslow
22nd Feb 2006, 14:50
Helicopter pilots do it vertically... no need for a hotel ...

Gerhardt
22nd Feb 2006, 15:18
Since this is a forum for dispensing advice to helicopter pilots....SASless, I've noticed that other gents here have improved their luck with females by stating that they are very much interested in marriage, but they are just looking for the right lady. Mind you, I'm not saying that they had any intention of following through.

diginagain
22nd Feb 2006, 15:23
following through. :eek:

Sorry, just that the expression has somewhat different connotations depending on where you live.

SASless
22nd Feb 2006, 15:24
That's her story....she is sticking to it. I on the other hand...feel free to prevaricate as much as I think I can and still survive my next encounter with the fair Whirls. The thought of being banjoed governs my conduct however.

havoc
22nd Feb 2006, 20:03
Never having attended a Rotorhead wedding there may be issues that need discussed:

Gift Registration: I think SASLess is a Bell person, Whirls not sure...when in doubt go EC, they seem to be taking over everywhere.

Attire: Get this settled quickly, if you need a reminder why....read "What is the best flight jacket" thread.

Best Man: Will SASLess ask Nic Lappos? Great banter at the rehersal dinner. Be very afraid of the toast.

Historical recording of the event: Make sure the photographer knows how to post on PPRUNE, hate seeing those "little red x" things popup.

Ceremony moderator: The check airman or minister (not sure if this is will be a mixed marriage (FAA/JAA) must have a moderator for the "If anyone has any objections to this union speak now....." If for no other reason to remind those commenting what the orginal question was!

Would sling loading trash cans break the American tradition of tieing tin cans to the get away car? Not sure of any other side of the pond traditions? And no I did not look at the FAQ link.

Is CRM refresher part of the pre-martial bliss counseling?

Only a few but I am sure there are more to cover...

B Fraser
23rd Feb 2006, 07:50
...and B Fraser - you could have phrased that a bit better?!

Sorry, I'm a terrible Phraser. :p