PDA

View Full Version : Situation Thailand?

Gonzola
22nd Feb 2006, 08:40
Hi everybody,

I need some update on the situation in Thailand regarding the airline companys, a few questions

1, How is Orient Thai doing and did they change the old 747 to newer?
2, What happened with Phuket Airs 747?
3, Does ThaiSky fly Phuket Airs 747?
4. Any new companys arised?
5, Have any of this companys lost their AOC

I am looking to charter from one of this companys and i am really grateful about all information you have

captjns
22nd Feb 2006, 09:08
Hey Gonzola

I can comment on Orient Thai.

I was recruited for their 757 as a pilot/check airman. I don't know if they still have the 757 or not. They change equipment quite often. 757s to the MD80s, 747s They are nice enough people. The pay is very low. You have to pay not only for training, but hotels as well. You have to wait for the Thai Department of Aviation to approve your certificates... and while this is going on you are still waiting in the hotel at your expense. It could be a great vacation or a drain on your wallet... depending how you look at it

ASIAN FROG
22nd Feb 2006, 13:12
The quota of expats has been fixed to a maximum of 20% recently, which is going to create some problems to some Airlines.
There are some Thai military pilots still available on the market but the reservoir is reaching the low level. By the end of the year, there must be some opportunities.
School projects are under studies and there will be few FIs position available end of 2006 beginning of 2007. But still to early to say more.

TFlyguy
22nd Feb 2006, 15:34
The Phuket Air 747 at LGW has - finally - gone home!