PDA

View Full Version : Any views on EFT out in Florida ?

mungo_55
21st Feb 2006, 23:00
Hi,

I'm considering doing a JAA CPL / multi-engine out at EFT in Fort Pierce. Just looking for the opinions of anyone who has done some training out there recently.

thanks

Mungo

Farrell
21st Feb 2006, 23:57
Sigh!:rolleyes:

Use the search function mate. Type in EFT and then you can read for about two year's worth of opinions.

FL69
22nd Feb 2006, 00:54
Watch you account like a hawk, or it may spring a leak.... :*

european champion
22nd Feb 2006, 10:33
Watch out,these people are crooks,you will end up paying much more from what they will tell u to expect.

LH2
22nd Feb 2006, 12:17
Sigh!:rolleyes:

Use the search function mate. Type in EFT and then you can read for about two year's worth of opinions.

The search function ignores words less that four characters long, so a search for "EFT" returns empty. Spelling the name out in full doesn't come up with that many matches either.

FlyingForFun
22nd Feb 2006, 12:28
Surprised to see the first couple of replies are negative.... it's over two years since I was there doing my CPL, so things might have changed since then, but my experience was very positive, and I would highly recommend them based on that experience. Only down-side was that they made their students wear uniforms.

FFF
----------------

sdryh
22nd Feb 2006, 13:17
I agree with the others, look after your account. The price they advertise excludes all tests, and the aircraft hire during the test, so be sure to ask about this as it will add another sizable sum to your budget. WATCH THEM AND GUARD YOUR MONEY.

Also factor in all the other costs involved with the visa and the TSA!

On the other side, the the instructors and the way of teaching I found to be good.

Regards

llesson
22nd Feb 2006, 13:18
I have nothing but good things to say about these guys, got me through my CPL in budget and quicker than expected. Instruction was second to none and flying in Florida is fantastic!!

mungo_55
22nd Feb 2006, 13:25
Thanks very much for the opinions so far. Seems quite a mixed bag !

I did try doing a search for "European Flight Training", and it didn't turn up too much as LH2 says. If "EFT" turns up nothing, then I guess I wont bother with that in a search.

BigGrecian
22nd Feb 2006, 16:30
A very suprisingly negative thread. This is the first thread I can remember where it is mainly negative. Normally all the replies are positive!

Edit : I'm not being funny - but people are always more likely to post about a negative experience than a positive one - as well with my limited experience sometimes people who struggled grasp at anything to blame - this is not specific to any one school - just my advice. Ask around!

STORMER
22nd Feb 2006, 17:20
I was there 4 years ago for my CPL and Mulit rating. Found the instruction excellent. Passed everything in the time allocated and it cost me less than if I was to do both in the UK. No complaints from me.

N739FC
22nd Feb 2006, 22:54
The negatives out-weighed the positives for me too.