PDA

View Full Version : DEFO, SO

Sabresaurus
21st Feb 2006, 22:43
To each person whom responds, thanx in advance.

I am a corporate Pilot with 5000 TT, 2000 hrs command time, light jet, (24,000 lb. a/c), 3 type ratings etc 2700+ turbine. I applied to CX back in 2002 and have recieved the standard application and updates (which I update every 8-9 months). Question is as follows:

Any hope at all for DEFO or a shot at an SO position? I have a couple of friends (pilots) whom have wrote recommendation letters and put them into my file. Are these letters similar to US carriers and put you "toward the top of the pile" (carry any weight?). I get the feeling I must be too low time for the DEFO, and not sure about the SO? Just wanting some input.

Thanks again.

ANDRE25i
22nd Feb 2006, 03:45
I know a guy who got in with less tt than you mentioned in your post. as a f/o. its not just hours they are looking for............

petitfromage
22nd Feb 2006, 04:18
Ive said it before and I think this will be the last time.......if you want the facts about where you stand you must phone recruiting directly.

Have your PRN handy.
They will look you up on the computer, tell you what they think.....and most importantly make a note of the fact that you made the effort to call them.

1. you'll know where you stand
2. youve gained some brownie points by showing that you're keen.

Kelly & Carol are amiable (slightly mad......but you have to be in their job!) and will be honest and frank with you.

What have you got to lose?

Goodluck

Cloud Cutter
24th Feb 2006, 19:37
Just to back up petitformage's post, I called Kelly yesterday having just submitted an initial DESO application. I was a aware of the fact that I'm a bit shy on experience with only 2000 hrs, but I was pleasantly suprised when she pulled up my application and said that 'because I was relatively heavy on turbine time, I would be competitive at 2500 hrs'. She also seemed very positive when she saw what company I work for (they take a lot of lowish time turboprop pilots from my company).

propaganda
25th Feb 2006, 19:05
Does anyone know whether the rapid command advert in Flight applies to other freighter bases outside Europe.The DEFO vacancies ex OZ are they for the classic freighter or 400.

CaptainProp
27th Feb 2006, 10:09
Ive said it before and I think this will be the last time.......if you want the facts about where you stand you must phone recruiting directly.
Have your PRN handy.
They will look you up on the computer, tell you what they think.....and most importantly make a note of the fact that you made the effort to call them.
1. you'll know where you stand
2. youve gained some brownie points by showing that you're keen.
Kelly & Carol are amiable (slightly mad......but you have to be in their job!) and will be honest and frank with you.
What have you got to lose?
Goodluck

Anyone with full names of these ladies and perhaps direct nr's??

SMOC
27th Feb 2006, 14:55
Does anyone know whether the rapid command advert in Flight applies to other freighter bases outside Europe.The DEFO vacancies ex OZ are they for the classic freighter or 400.

An Aussie based F/O can take the rapid CMD (classic) but he will have to change his COS to Europe and be based in Europe or take a Hong Kong base, and commute to Aus.

More info here, http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212273

The DEFO (AUS) is for the classic.

Cloud Cutter
27th Feb 2006, 19:12
CaptainProp

You'll see their names and phone numbers on your application receipt acknowledgment email.

CaptainProp
28th Feb 2006, 11:52
CaptainProp
You'll see their names and phone numbers on your application receipt acknowledgment email.

Thanks! Will check!
/CP