PDA

View Full Version : Class 2 Medical

future_air
20th Feb 2006, 23:56
Can anyone tell me what actually happens in a class 2 medical examination?

Thank you.

A.Einstein
21st Feb 2006, 09:24
Well it all depends on how old you are and what ratings you have.
But I can tell you in the mean time, that they will surgically remove a substantial mass of money from you, which normally proves to be more painful than any of the other procedures they may carry out. In some cases (I.E the Scottish) it may be necessary to administer a general anesthetic to carry out this procedure!!!!

OpenCirrus619
21st Feb 2006, 09:39
Take a look at the docs. on the CAA web site (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=49&pagetype=68&groupid=211).

Hopefully will answer all your questions.

OC619

ANDRE25i
21st Feb 2006, 09:39
You might consider posting your thread on a more relevant forum; the medical issues one if i recollect correctly.
A class 2 medical is good cause you dont need to redeem it for a while I believe; when your in my position. It aint too hard to obtain; unless you have a problem with the cost!

future_air
21st Feb 2006, 09:48
Thank You OpenCirrus619

gcolyer
21st Feb 2006, 09:48
Class 2 is not that expensive, mine cost £108 you initial class 1 with the CAA will cost you £500

Unless your AME does ECG's you will need to book in at your local hospital for one, make sure you tell them it is for a JAA/CAA PPL or CPL.

The doctor will go through some standard blurb...as in...

Have/do you suffered from from blah blah blah
Has/do any of your relatives suffered from Blah blah blah
Does any of your pets suffer from blah blah blah

And so on.

He will have a good look in you ears, give you a basic eye test (ensure you take a prescription if you wear glasses or contacts). You get a blood test, don't panic because it only involves a prick on the finger (no puns please). You then get the delightfull task of provideing a pee sample.

You get stripped down to your skiddies, you then get wieghed, have your height measured. Then you get to play patient and lay on the bed while the Dr has a good prod around your stomach. Final check is your reflexes.

If you are not dead or have the possibility of dying within

5 years if you are under 29
2 years if you are between 30 and ??
1 year if over ??

then the Dr will fill out your medical certificate and give it to you on the spot.

And that is it.

Gary

future_air
22nd Feb 2006, 00:01
Brilliant! Thanks heaps... Feel very enlightened. :)